What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How well will Brisbane do in 2012 ?

Where will Brisbane finish ?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 22 14.6%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 48 31.8%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 10 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
So you admit that the worst season you ever had was when you barely missed the 8 under Henjak. That would mean that it wouldn't be very hard to have your poorest year on record. All signs point to that next year I'm afraid, and envy or not, I'm going to enjoy it. The Broncos have been given a rails run, partially through good management, good luck and leg ups by the NRL and ch9 for a long time now. It's time they struggled and their supporters got a reality check to understand what it is really like to "struggle"

So sorry I didn't clarify that Locky didn't play half his whole career. 10 years ago he was still a dominant fullback and champion player. I might just hurl myself off a cliff.

Mid tier is a fair assessment of your players who aren't in rep teams. They aren't the worst players in the comp in their respective positions, and they ain't the best. Mid tier. Dry your eyes mate every club has their share of them and next year the Broncos have more than they are used to, and with rubbish halves and an ageing forward pack you can't fairly say 2012 looks positive for the Bronx, particularly by their usual standards and expectations.

See my quote, where BunniesMan's quote is from last season, i'll be placing your previous post there at the end of the next season.

I wouldn't go throwing yourself off any cliffs, surprised you haven't already though (being a sharks fan and all), however a first class self-uppercut is on the cards for your outlandish predictions. :lol:

blaza88z

Coach
You think we are paying him 500k? What does his salary have to do with how good he is?

Everyone looked average at the Rabbitohs haha. It's the Rabbitohs ffs. He was their best player and came 7th in Dally M voting so he was obviously doing something right.

I like it how you say we should stay on the Broncos then not three sentences later you're back talking about the Buydogs.

Anyway. You're right. Back on topic.

Broncos 5-8 for me. Could even push top 4 depending on how their young players kick on.

hahahaha nice call :lol:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So you admit that the worst season you ever had was when you barely missed the 8 under Henjak. That would mean that it wouldn't be very hard to have your poorest year on record. All signs point to that next year I'm afraid, and envy or not, I'm going to enjoy it. The Broncos have been given a rails run, partially through good management, good luck and leg ups by the NRL and ch9 for a long time now. It's time they struggled and their supporters got a reality check to understand what it is really like to "struggle"

So sorry I didn't clarify that Locky didn't play half his whole career. 10 years ago he was still a dominant fullback and champion player. I might just hurl myself off a cliff.

Mid tier is a fair assessment of your players who aren't in rep teams. They aren't the worst players in the comp in their respective positions, and they ain't the best. Mid tier. Dry your eyes mate every club has their share of them and next year the Broncos have more than they are used to, and with rubbish halves and an ageing forward pack you can't fairly say 2012 looks positive for the Bronx, particularly by their usual standards and expectations.

Hmm. The average age of the Broncos pack and forward bench rotation is 25. Hardly ageing. That's a pack in its prime.

newman

First Grade
See my quote, where BunniesMan's quote is from last season, i'll be placing your previous post there at the end of the next season.

I wouldn't go throwing yourself off any cliffs, surprised you haven't already though (being a sharks fan and all), however a first class self-uppercut is on the cards for your outlandish predictions. :lol:

To suggest you will finish outside the 8 is hardly outlandish (13th is perhaps wishful thinking on my behalf but hardly impossible). Is 4 (Thaiday, Parker, Hodges and Yow Yeh) the lowest number of current State of Origin players that Brisbane have ever fielded? Before you were ranting about your supreme depth covering the loss of Locky, please elaborate on who that depth is.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I was more referring to the big names. Petero, Parker and to an extent third man thaiday are getting on.

Parker is 29, hardly ageing, he played 80 minutes a game most of last season.

Thaiday is 26. Without Petero, the average age of that pack comes down to 24, with Hannant, Parker, Thaiday and the rapidly emerging McGuire all with plenty of playing years left.

Your point is invalid.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Parker is 29, hardly ageing, he played 80 minutes a game most of last season.

Thaiday is 26. Without Petero, the average age of that pack comes down to 24, with Hannant, Parker, Thaiday and the rapidly emerging McGuire all with plenty of playing years left.

Your point is invalid.

Are you into the Fantasy NRL Grimesy? Parker is gold!

POPEYE

Coach
All depends on who you believe ran the side last year. If you say Locky they'll have to do what Bennett did when he reinvented the side a half dozen times.

If you say Griffin then there's only the small problem of him inventing a 5/8.

Top 4 imo

The Informer

Juniors
All depends on who you believe ran the side last year. If you say Locky they'll have to do what Bennett did when he reinvented the side a half dozen times.

If you say Griffin then there's only the small problem of him inventing a 5/8.

Top 4 imo

Have you actually been watching them through the last 5 years, let alone the last 12 months?

For people to suggest that moving on without Lockyer will be fine, and we'll have the off season to remedy a fix, (as others have) and so on is just laughable. Lockyer is world class, will be named an immortal at some stage in the coming years, and has been chief go to man and playmaker for the best part of the last 6 or 7 years after moving to 5/8 in 04. He was one of those rare play makers who actually read the game well in advance of it unfolding and so was able to direct manage and impact it so masterfully.

Better still, they have only won 30% of their games without him, tell me how that isn't going to be a significant change and hurdle for them in 2012?

Yes they have a quality roster, and have blooded some quality youngsters through recent years from whom they should see greater benefit in 2012. But it's a long year in a very competitive competition and there’s going to be plenty of weeks where the Lockyer direction and polish would have been the difference.

They still have a major problem at 9, Petro will offer little, they certainly need Hodges playing most weeks. They'll be competitive but mid table post Lockyer would be a good achievement.

adamkungl

Immortal
Broncos 2012 = Roosters 2005

Peter Wallace is so very very Brett Finch. We'll soon find out how many mediocre players were made to look like superstars by being on the end of Lockyer's sublime passing game.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
hahahaha nice call :lol:

Not really, bulldogs recruited gavet, graham, mcdougal.

Eels signed : sandow, tonga, tonga, hoppa, roberts, paulo, tautai, mannah.

even for 2011 they recruited more then we did.:lol::lol::lol:

hell the players the signed for 2012 onwards they spent more then we did in the past 2 seasons

stupid uneducated call.

POPEYE

Coach
Have you actually been watching them through the last 5 years, let alone the last 12 months?

For people to suggest that moving on without Lockyer will be fine, and we'll have the off season to remedy a fix, (as others have) and so on is just laughable. Lockyer is world class, will be named an immortal at some stage in the coming years, and has been chief go to man and playmaker for the best part of the last 6 or 7 years after moving to 5/8 in 04. He was one of those rare play makers who actually read the game well in advance of it unfolding and so was able to direct manage and impact it so masterfully.

Better still, they have only won 30% of their games without him, tell me how that isn't going to be a significant change and hurdle for them in 2012?

Yes they have a quality roster, and have blooded some quality youngsters through recent years from whom they should see greater benefit in 2012. But it's a long year in a very competitive competition and there’s going to be plenty of weeks where the Lockyer direction and polish would have been the difference.

They still have a major problem at 9, Petro will offer little, they certainly need Hodges playing most weeks. They'll be competitive but mid table post Lockyer would be a good achievement.

Don't give me that immortal crap . . . Fulton's main claim to fame was winning games with 2 point field goals.

No-one's irreplaceable. Everyone thought it laughable when Bennett made Lockyer 5/8. Maybe Bennett should be made an immortal.

POPEYE

Coach
Not really, bulldogs recruited gavet, graham, mcdougal.

Eels signed : sandow, tonga, tonga, hoppa, roberts, paulo, tautai, mannah.

even for 2011 they recruited more then we did.:lol::lol::lol:

hell the players the signed for 2012 onwards they spent more then we did in the past 2 seasons

stupid uneducated call.

Wrong thread

The Informer

Juniors
Gee what a great come back. Rather than argue what a dunce you've made of yourself you want to fly off about immortals. Roflmao.

One day you'll realise that champions are irreplacable. Maybe you might want to have a look back over history and consider the Eels post Sterling, Roosters post Fittler, Knights post Johns, and so on.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Whoever is bagging the broncos pack has rocks in there head.

Petro, Hannant, McGuire as good if not better then any prop rotation in the comp.

Thaiday, Glenn, Parker, Gillett, Teo as good as any backrow rotation in the comp.

Only let down is the 9.

POPEYE

Coach
Gee what a great come back. Rather than argue what a dunce you've made of yourself you want to fly off about immortals. Roflmao.

One day you'll realise that champions are irreplacable. Maybe you might want to have a look back over history and consider the Eels post Sterling, Roosters post Fittler, Knights post Johns, and so on.

Don't kid yourself . . . no-one's irreplaceable. The immortals are a beat up. Slater is the best fullback I've seen so far but there will be better.

Maybe the Eels, Roosters and Knights should just withdraw from the League.

Great players look better when surrounded by great players and they also look better when surrounded by ordinary players.

Latest posts