What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How well will Cronulla do in 2012 ?

Where will the Sharks finish in 2012 ?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 39 30.2%

• Total voters

carcharias

Immortal
I think even if Carney comes good, the coaching will hold Cronulla back

10th spot

Carney is the only impressive part of the Shark's spine and he is what caused Roosters to implode last year

I reckon the coach is what ultimately caused Roosters to implode.

Maybe Carney needs to left alone to just play footy.

For all of what he did wrong over the years , last year was nothing in comparison.

That self righteous wanker Anasta didn't help either.

Freddy's Girl

Juniors

For all of what he did wrong over the years , last year was nothing in comparison.

Yes thats exactly what carney needs, someone else to blame!:roll:

Vic Mackey

Referee
If carney is injury and incident free then I think they will push for 7th/8th.

Really if cronulla are in the hunt for 8th with 2/3 rounds to go it should be considered a successful season.

Goddo

Bench
They have the best Sharks side since 2008 this year, and they always seem to be able to punch a bit above their weight - for all money I'd have expected a spoon in 2009 or 2010.

On paper they have a team that is probably around 12-13th in the comp. They will be pushing for a bottom of the 8 spot for mine, will probably just miss out.

That said, it wouldn't be the sharks if something didn't go wrong through the year. Probably Carney related.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
If Carney stays clean (ie out of the media shit) and relatively sober, they might sneak into the 8 and worry some teams. Carney is good enough to take them places if he's got his head on right.

If he doesnt, could be as bad as spoon contenders, their pack is weakend, their backs lack flair (gardner aside) and i dont think their spine is much chop outside the two players ive mentioned here

Last edited:

RUBIKS

Juniors
A lot of brave decisions needs to be made by the coach, of which I'm not sure he is experienced or safe (job security wise) enough to be able to make.

If Gal plays front row the Sharks will make the 8 easy. However Gal won't play front row, so if they make the 8 it will be based on points difference.

7-10.

adamkungl

Immortal

nfi

joshie

Live Update Team
I think they are going to improve a little bit this season but will miss the finals by a few games. It is all steps towards greater things and I just think 9-12th is probably where they will finish.

I have a massive soft spot for the Sharks, so i would love them to do well.

adamkungl

Immortal
so last year was all Carneys fault that the Roosters went ordinary compared to the previous year?

It was Carney's fault that Carney was ordinary last year, certainly not Anasta's.

As for the Roosters, absolutely f**ked by injury for the majority of the season and disrupted offseason (including Carney's off-field issues and injury). Carney's form didn't help... he honestly didn't have a single good game. I believe off field factors heavily contributed, his head wasnt in the right place.

carcharias

Immortal
It was Carney's fault that Carney was ordinary last year, certainly not Anasta's.

As for the Roosters, absolutely f**ked by injury for the majority of the season and disrupted offseason (including Carney's off-field issues and injury). Carney's form didn't help... he honestly didn't have a single good game. I believe off field factors heavily contributed, his head wasnt in the right place.

you might want to tell that to old mate here then...this is what I was responding to.

Carney is the only impressive part of the Shark's spine and he is what caused Roosters to implode last year

RWB

Bench
Am I the only one who doesn't rate De Gois that highly? I thought John Morris was great last season, and has always been a good dummy half just never got the opportunity to make it his own. De Gois is a massive liability in defence.

Carney's stellar season in 2010 had two important ingredients to it that often go unrecognised a good organising halfback and a good game plan. Cronulla don't have a halfback with the organisational skills or quality of Pearce but they've got a better pack than he played behind in 2010 so that kind of discounts that. Which leaves just the game plan... good luck Flannagan.

I'm tipping 4-8th if Flannagan can come up with the goods.

sputneek

Juniors
Improve but if they make the 8 they will be bundled out in straight sets. Gallen will be tired by round 18. Carney will get sick of the dropped balls by the outside backs. Coach still relatively inexperienced. 7 - 10th imo.

I'm not sure if TC will ever regain the heights of 2010 from an individual level but the Sharks should make the 8. Whatever happens in the finals the kind of individual brilliance that TC can bring can be the difference in a good run or a week 1 exit.

Flanagan is an ordinary coach though.

Latest posts