What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How well will Cronulla do in 2012 ?

Where will the Sharks finish in 2012 ?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 39 30.2%

• Total voters

aussies1st

Staff member
Sharks showed some promising signs last season, if Carney can get his shit together then they might cause some surprises. Certainly should be around the 8.

Dragon Dave

Bench
No doubt Carney can be a great player...but when he creates space for his centres which is what he excelled at in his prime (look at SKD 2010) he doesn't have much to go to at Cronulla. I'm a huge fan of Pomeroy....because he makes me laugh...but can't play footy.

If they had a strike centre I would have more belief in them but I think Carney will be frustrated there.

7-12th IMO.

coolumsharkie

Referee
No doubt Carney can be a great player...but when he creates space for his centres which is what he excelled at in his prime (look at SKD 2010) he doesn't have much to go to at Cronulla. I'm a huge fan of Pomeroy....because he makes me laugh...but can't play footy.

If they had a strike centre I would have more belief in them but I think Carney will be frustrated there.

7-12th IMO.

:lol: That gave me a chuckle

sputneek

Juniors
Sorry you think that Club footy is the same as SOO and playing for Australia, doesn't the opposition nullify that argument as its a way higher standard then club footy?

Hmm maybe another beer may help me understand but I dont think we really are going to get much further with this, anyway I think the Sharks have a real chance to make the eight and good luck to them as for my team I have no idea guess it depends what the coach can pull out of his hat with the halves.

oh yes please dont call me bunniesman them bloody fighting words their is a reason I dont post of this forum much he is one of them :cool:

Nah I respect your passion mate. I hope you guys do well and as I said before I think you'll come 7 - 10th but I just don't think you'll have the legs at the rear end of the season, but I'll be happily proven wrong. I'd love to see Carney firing again and Gallen deserves to win a premiership once in his career, but I just think this year would be more of a "learn how to win again" year for you more than anything.

Bunniesgirl is an imbecile mate don't worry I was only playing.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Imo Sharkies have a realistic chance of making the 8 in what should be a very even and competitive comp. Obviously still a bit skinny in the backs but i feel that the players we do have will benefit from the creative skills of degois and carney. Gardiner played busted for the majority of last year and i would expect him to return to his exciting form of 2010 given a good run with injuries. The main reason i would expect the sharks to be competitive for a long way is because of far greater depth accross the park. In recent years we've had an ok starting side but sfa back up. This year i can name 10 or more players who while i dont expect to be in the run on side are more than adequate bench players and back-up. i.e Toupu...Morris...Fifita... Robson...Bukuya....Taufua...Tagatese....Albert Kelly....Isac Gordon...Jon Green. This doesn't include some of the promising young-uns such as Frizzel....Peachey and others. All in all as a long term sharks fans we learn not to get our hopes up but i believe we have the potential to be still playing footy at some stage in September.

They'll do poorly till they get some players who can score tries. When Carney f**ks up off the field (which will happen), they're back to square one again.

The Informer

Juniors
At best a B grade list scattered with a few obvious quality A graders, for all the signing hype all they have done is reorganize similar quality players with questionable depth. Good coach who had them putting in most weeks last yr, I expect similar, and similar results. 12 to 16.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Imo Sharkies have a realistic chance of making the 8 in what should be a very even and competitive comp. Obviously still a bit skinny in the backs but i feel that the players we do have will benefit from the creative skills of degois and carney. Gardiner played busted for the majority of last year and i would expect him to return to his exciting form of 2010 given a good run with injuries. The main reason i would expect the sharks to be competitive for a long way is because of far greater depth accross the park. In recent years we've had an ok starting side but sfa back up. This year i can name 10 or more players who while i dont expect to be in the run on side are more than adequate bench players and back-up. i.e Toupu...Morris...Fifita... Robson...Bukuya....Taufua...Tagatese....Albert Kelly....Isac Gordon...Jon Green. This doesn't include some of the promising young-uns such as Frizzel....Peachey and others. All in all as a long term sharks fans we learn not to get our hopes up but i believe we have the potential to be still playing footy at some stage in September.

2012....Sharks Year

:eek:

Ausguy

Coach
regardless of the onfield stuff...

we are set for a massive year off the field to the west and to the east...

Hi George!!!!!

Ausguy

Coach
i hope not... im buying old R2Coupe a drink remember, we are going to celebrate all his new neighbours.

Latest posts