What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hows your forward pack looking next year

avsterooster

Juniors
i rekon ricko will move to the bench

flannery is a much classier player and as a rooster fan i saw this year that ricko had a quiet year and was playing 20 min and then coming off for a rest

flannery cannot keep warming the bench
he needs to start

Langers

Juniors
8. Brent Kite
9. Chad Randell
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Kennedy
13. Steve Menzies

14. Sam Harris
15. Daniel Heckenberg
16. Kylie Leuluai

Habib

Juniors
Canterbury's pack next year:

8.Roy Asotasi
9.Adam Perry
10.Mark O'meley
11.Willie Mason
12.Andrew Ryan
13.Tony Grimaldi

14.Reni Maitua
15.Sonny Bill Williams
16.Nathan Armit
17.Marty Mitchell

18.Chris Armit
19.Ben Czislowski
20.Trevor Thurling
21.Nate Myles

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parramatta's

8. Aaron Cannings
9. Mark Riddell
10. Nathan Cayless
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Glenn Morrison
13. Daniel Wagon :(

14. Paul Stringer
15. Chad Robinson
16. Michael Vella
17. Dean Widders

18. Justin Tslsous
19. Jack Afamasanga
20. Felti Mateo
21. Adam Peek
22. Henry Perenara

So far anyway.

MOON MAN

Juniors
In my opinion the only packs that dont look strong are the tigers and souths. All the rest look pretty good.

Rise Against

8. O Meley
9. Perry
10. Asotasi
11. Mason
12. Ryan
13. Grimaldi

14. S Williams
15. R Maitua
16. N Armit
17. C Armit
18. T Thurling
19. M Mitchell
20. C Hughes

Tommy Smith

Referee
Azkatro said:
Corbin said:
The Roosters pack wont loose too much... Our Foward pack should be up their at the top.. with the likes of Ricketson, Fitzgibbon, Wing, Cayless, Morley.

That forward pack got done by the Cowboys then the Bulldogs packs in the last two games of the season.
Not true. The Roosters pack were fantastic against the Dogs. Morley, Crocker, Fitzy, Cayless, Cusack and Tupou held their own for sure. It's just that the backs made 20, yes thats right, 20 errors. Because of that the Dogs always had field position - until the last 10 min anyway - and we just had to do too much tackling. But there's no doubt that when possession was equal in the first half, our pack was on top.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
kiwi_man said:
8.I.Paleasena
9.N.Fien
10.S.Price(c)
11.R.Wiki
12.A.Guttenbeil
13.M.Betham

15.R.Villisanti
16.S.Fauimuina
17.M.Betham

Fein won't play in the forwards, we need him at 5/8. We've got Betham, Latu and Anderson as hookers anyway, whereas our 5/8 options are all crap (with the possible exception of Ropati but I'd rather see him at centre)

I'd go for:

8: Paleaesina
9: L. Anderson (depends if Latu is fully fit)
10: Price
11: Wiki
12: V. Anderson (he's NOT a centre!)
13: Faumuina

14: Betham
15: Lauaki
16: Villisanti
17: Latu

aids

Bench
MOON MAN said:
In my opinion the only packs that dont look strong are the tigers and souths. All the rest look pretty good.

it's not the size, it's what you do with it

prime example, west's 50 point victory over the warriors.
one on the smallest packs vs. one of the biggest.

melon....

Coach
innsaneink said:
Wests Tigers

Quite a different pack next year with Senter & Sattler retiring. Weve retained Mears I think, and Farah would been pushing for hooker this year but for injury.
New buys include Mark Meredith(Souths), Jarrod Saffy & Tim Mcgann(Union)
Hopefully Meredith will add some much needed go forward.

John Skando
Robbie Farah
Mark Meredith
Mark O'Neill
Anthony Laffranchi
Benny Galea

Robbie Mears
Todd Payten
Bryce Gibbs
Bronson Harrison
Dene Halatau
Tim McGann
Jarrod Saffy

Im sure theres more Ive forgotten.
Wasnt Mears released earlier this week? I thought it was on teh official web site.

borat

Bench
Tommy Smith said:
Not true. The Roosters pack were fantastic against the Dogs. Morley, Crocker, Fitzy, Cayless, Cusack and Tupou held their own for sure. It's just that the backs made 20, yes thats right, 20 errors. Because of that the Dogs always had field position - until the last 10 min anyway - and we just had to do too much tackling. But there's no doubt that when possession was equal in the first half, our pack was on top.

I thought the Roosters pack were actually better served without Ricketson as Cusack added that extra bit of size and grunt they needed. I thought that the Roosters pack had the better of the opening 20min softening period and really put it to the dogs pack. After 20mins however the dogs pack got back on top as shown by the number of metres Mason made. The marker defence of the Roosters was pretty ordinary too but that might have been put down to tiredness due to extra defensive work from errors. I would like to know what Roosters supporters think about whether Ricketson would have made a difference.

Pazza

First Grade
Hopefully

Parra

8.Robinson/Cayless
9.Riddell
10.Cannings
11.Hindmarsh
12.Cayless/Robinson
13.Morrison

15.Stringer
16.Vella
17.Widders

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Thats ok news for Manly, Alberts is ok, has alot of potential, but has failed to do anything since coming on to the scene. Hopefully for Manly he can actually live up to all the hype that surrounded him when he made his debut for the Cowboys. Odds are he wont, it's not like the guy can make up his mind, leaving one minute staying the next with 3 clubs so far. That doesn't sound like the sort of commitment needed to play in the NRL.

If Manly do get M Witt, it'll give them Monaghan and Witt in the halves, which isn't to shabby in attack, but lacks size in defense and if one gets injured there isn't anyone left in reserve to cover them.
We've signed Travis Burns from Cronulla flegg his a half and a very good goal kicker from what ive heard he will push witt for a spot in the NRL squad we also have another young fella who came up in strong PL side later in the season Clint Halden, so scoring witt has been a great boost for us. We are probably one centre short of what we need.
And despite what melon is we have a crap load of depth in the pack
With blokes like
Williamson, Heckenburg, Sam Harris, Shane Dunley and Solomon haumono fighting for the last 2 spots on our bench and playin in pl.

iggy plop

First Grade
Andrew Hart
Geordie Peats
James 'Jimmy' Smith
Jeremy Schloss
Adam Muir
Jamie Fitzgerald

Gun pack!

lazza

Juniors
avsterooster said:
i rekon ricko will move to the bench

flannery is a much classier player and as a rooster fan i saw this year that ricko had a quiet year and was playing 20 min and then coming off for a rest

flannery cannot keep warming the bench
he needs to start

No way.. Ricketson will have the c next to his name next year

flannery has utility value - doesnt need to start.

Kris_man

Bench
Cross definitely shits on Thommo. i'll be pissed off if the latter is in firsts at the former's expens.

:? i think tigers have some awesome young forwards in our side in halatau/harrison/fulton/gibbs as well as lafranchi/merideth/lima/oneil/galea and skando how is that a weak pack?

damo72

Juniors
8. Cannings
9. Riddell
10. Cayless
11. Hindmarsh
12. Robinson
13. Morrison

14. Pj Marsh
15. Afamasaga
16. Stringer

Premier League
Wagon
Vella
both to be used only in emergency and Wagon must not have number 6 on his back

I dont see a problem with our pack, I see it in the defence in the 3/4's and if BS is going to continuously change the half 5/8 combination

I believe the Roosters will struggle as there doesn't seem to me to be alot of muscle apart from Cayless and Morley in their pack. But hey thats my opinion.

Latest posts