What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HSC Subjects

Evil Borad

Juniors
This is for people doing their HSC. Post what subjects you are studying.

Here's mine:

Chemistry
Advanced English
IPT
SDD
Maths
Ext 1 Maths

Apey

Staff member
Heh, I will be doing my next year but in Preliminary I am doing:

Advanced Maths
Advanced English
Maths extension 1
IPT
SDD
IT
Ancient History

For the HSC next year I will either:

Pick up extension 2 Maths, drop SDD & IT
or
Just drop SDD

(We have a really sh*t teacher for SDD)

Hallatia

Referee
you do too nay computer subjects Apey:crazy:
IPT and SDD:crazy:

I do regular IT
Society and Culture
Physics
Maths
4 units of English

McLovin

Staff member
Anyone need a study buddy??

10180188_b56ef7d76b.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm keen to know the reasoning behind this thread...Is it to let everyone know how smart we all are? How nerdy? How busy? :crazy:

Anyway. I digress. Study hard, kiddies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Although I am interested to know - why don't schools offer to teach statistics as a stand-alone subject for the HSC? It would save universities time, and if they're offering to teach Society and Culture, I would think that it could be a real possibility...

Hallatia

Referee
Eelementary said:
Although I am interested to know - why don't schools offer to teach statistics as a stand-alone subject for the HSC? It would save universities time, and if they're offering to teach Society and Culture, I would think that it could be a real possibility...
you learn statistics 1000 times in maths, well general maths anyway and you learn it in Society and Culture

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's not statistics. I mean real statistics.

I believe it's a valid question - if you're going to do anything science-related at university, 90% of courses will subject you to 3 years of statistics. But they won't subject you to 3 years of entry-level chemistry, physics or biology, because all that is covered in school.

So as an elective, real statistics would be a bonus for those interested in going into those fields of study. Just a suggestion.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not any gayer than Society and Culture.

But that's not the point. The point is it's useful for some people to study properly.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well there you go.

Way I see it, if they offer religion, society & culture, legal studies, business studies and economics, why not offer statistics as a stand-alone selective? It's fairly important to many people's later careers.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Well there you go.

Way I see it, if they offer religion, society & culture, legal studies, business studies and economics, why not offer statistics as a stand-alone selective? It's fairly important to many people's later careers.

Would there really be that much to learn in statistics to cover preliminary HSC and HSC years?

Eelementary

Post Whore
There's enough statistics to cover 3 years of university if you get into medicine.

Maybe the basics could be covered in 1 year. But it would take more than one or two chapters from the Year 11/Year 12 syllabus to properly cover all that you should know should you decide to get into medicine, science or mathematics.

Hallatia

Referee
hey Society and Culture is awesome it is the one place you are actually encouraged to make everything up

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Its a sh*thouse subject, IMO.

I did it before i dropped it this year.

Anyway for those playing at home

English Advanced
English Extension
Legal Studies
Economics
Modern History
History Extension

i do 10 units, coz thts all you need, and yeah im a lazy f**k.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not keen on maths, eh?

I did 12 units. What I did for my HSC:

English Advanced
Maths Advanced (though I wish I did 3-unit)
Legal Studies
Biology
Chemistry

I also did PDH/PE in Year 11 before dropping it.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
nah maths was my #1 nemesis, espeically when my school made me do it in year 11... i was forced to f**kign do maths :fist:

on statistics, im not a fan but im sure its a worthy subject... im not sure it's homosexuality should have any bearing tbh.

Latest posts