What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hsc

Raider_69

Post Whore
c_eagle said:
Gosh, I can't believe it's been a year already.

echo those thoughts
got a few friends that are doing it now and just sit back and ponder at how quickly the past year has gone by, seems only a year back i was posting here as procrastination for HSC craming :lol:

Dilly's spot on, you dont need a HSC, there is back doors to just about everything, that said a good HSC mark will make sh*t a HELLVA lot easier but its not the be all and end all of your life... its important to remember that imo

Phillips

Referee
didnt even do my exams and still passed

what a great educational system we have in australia :|

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if you don't pass, you will have difficulty getting into university, without a HSC

you can still get in by doing a qualifying course, that may be similar to a trades course, or even sitting for you HSC as a mature age student at night school

either way, its much easier if you pass your HSC, as you can get straight in, rather than having to do some other course to qualify for university

some people start unit at 18 or 19, some dont start till they are 25, or even 30, because they don't know what they want to do, without a HSC, it adds an extra year to your degree, just to gain entry

c_eagle

Juniors
You need an HSC. Whether it's now or an equivalent later, you won't get far without one. What I suppose you don't need is a good UAI. You can always get into uni through mature age entry or if you're stupid but rich, you can pay full fee.

Of course, there's always other vocations which don't rely on uni and other colleges which don't require a UAI at all. The bottom line is though, you're more employable with an HSC.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Dilmah said:
No, you don't.

depends what you want to do.

some guy left our school a couple of months ago but came back just to sit the exams. because apparently he needs a UAI to get in to the Army.

TooheysNew

Coach
no.5_luke covell said:
depends what you want to do.

some guy left our school a couple of months ago but came back just to sit the exams. because apparently he needs a UAI to get in to the Army.
True, but anyone saying that you can't be successful without the HSC doesn't know what they are talking about.

axie

Juniors
I don't think anyone would be naive to say that one cannot be successful without a HSC, but just reaffirming the fact that it's more likely you will be successful with one than without.

swing_low

Juniors
I chose the 'detour' sign.
Section 3 was a little tricky, having to constantly refer to yourself, individuals and the world.

I need 40 or above in AOS

c_eagle

Juniors
Obviously if you start your own business, you don't need any credentials. Dilmah, what is it that you do, since you're so certain that education has no bearing on success.

TooheysNew

Coach
You answered your own question.

I'm not saying it has no bearing at all - i'm simply saying that it doesn't have to be the end of you if you dont do as well as you hoped. There are other ways to do things, and some of these ways don't even require an hsc.

Teachers and the education system make it out to be the end if you dont get a high UAI - this is simply not the case. There is too much pressure put on people coming into their HSC, when it really doesn't need to be that way.

raider_ktj

Juniors
Wow guys, good luck on the rest of you HSC exams!!!
Us ACT kids have already done our HSC equivalent exams... lucky me :D
Hope you all do well...

morri (cWo)

First Grade
swing_low said:
I chose the 'detour' sign.
Section 3 was a little tricky, having to constantly refer to yourself, individuals and the world.

I need 40 or above in AOS

40/45. f**k good luck.

or is it out of 60?

eagle_eye

Juniors
Yeh I chose detour as well fitted in well for my story. I thought that exam was easier than trials though, more worried about this one on thursday

Latest posts