What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HSV Coupe 4

The_Ben

Juniors
Just got back from the motor show. Liked the look of the HSV Coupe 4 so much that I have registered my interest in it. It is to be released in June 2004. I'm going to have to get one now.

Other notable mentions at the show are of course the ferrari's, but I don't like their interior. Talk about being uncomfortable with no seat padding, stereo or electric windows.

The lambo's were nice, one even had a sold sticker on it at a measly $622k.

astrogirl

First Grade
I was at the motorshow on Sunday but didn't really find anything interesting. Didn't spend much time in the Holden area because there were so many people there!!! Cameron McConville and Paul Dumbrell were signing autographs at the time. Plus my friends were bagging me about picking up bogans - I'm sure you're not a bogan, Mr Multimillionaire Ben :lol:

I still like the look of the Peugeot 206 convertible though it's not quite as appealing as I thought it was...

There were no Porsches there this year... I wonder if that's due to cost? I don't even know if they have any new models since last year.

The_Ben

Juniors
Yes I noticed no Porsche stand either. Weird, when you consider that nearly every competitor to them were there. They could at least have brought along a couple of concept cars. However in the bike section there was one of the porsche 4wd's. They are insanely quick. 420Kw doing 0-100 in 4.2 secs. And that's for a 4wd!

The Holden area was packed, but then again, there were bogans all over the place, not just the Holden area. I saw the worst mullet hairdo on some dude. He looked very out of place in the lexus area.

Leasha

Juniors
MC DUI said:
Put me down for a Skyline GTR 8)

Pfft those cars are for cats! Go for something at least a BIT decent like a Subaru WRX... I bet Little Austin will back be up on that! :D

MC DUI

Juniors
Leasha said:
MC DUI said:

Pfft those cars are for cats! Go for something at least a BIT decent like a Subaru WRX... I bet Little Austin will back be up on that! :D

=; And a WRX is better how? :-s
The new model is well ugly :-&

astrogirl

First Grade
Agree that the WRX is an ugly car! I'm not much of a fan of the Lancer Evo either.

But I guess you guys find performance more important than aesthetics?

astrogirl

First Grade
What I really wouldn't mind is a scooter for zipping about the city - presumably parking would be cheap and so would fuel costs.

At last year's motorshow I saw a mint green Vespa (yes, a chick vehicle). It was gorgeous. I didn't see any scooters this year though, which was disappointing.

astrogirl said:
I'm not much of a fan of the Lancer Evo either.

Guess you havnt seen 2 fast 2 furious.. The evo on that made me cream my pants...

Im not a big car person, my philosophy with cars is 'If it looks good and goes then its a good car'

Sweeper

Juniors
Leasha said:
MC DUI said:

Nope. I put my name down for the B11S. Anyone keen for a drag?

I'd settle for Tyrannosaurus Rex though. Apparently it comes with a free set of anoraks! :D Or... bottom of the barrel a prodrive Impreza.

astrogirl

First Grade
Chicken_Hunter said:
astrogirl said:

Guess you havnt seen 2 fast 2 furious.. The evo on that made me cream my pants...
Not exactly the kind of imagery that I needed

Innconu

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
astrogirl said:

Im not a big car person, my philosophy with cars is 'If it looks good and goes then its a good car'

And did you notice that the EVO did not go up against the GT-R or Supra in the start of the movie. Did you notice that it only was compared to the big block muscle cars that were killing it. This is because the WRX and EVO cannot and do not compare to the big performance machines like the GTR and Supra RZ.

Give me the GT-R with minor mods over any EVO or WRX with the same mods. The rally bred cars will never beat it for power they may outhandle it but there is still no way they will catch it. 8)

MC DUI

Juniors
Innconu said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
astrogirl said:

And did you notice that the EVO did not go up against the GT-R or Supra in the start of the movie. Did you notice that it only was compared to the big block muscle cars that were killing it. This is because the WRX and EVO cannot and do not compare to the big performance machines like the GTR and Supra RZ.

Give me the GT-R with minor mods over any EVO or WRX with the same mods. The rally bred cars will never beat it for power they may outhandle it but there is still no way they will catch it. 8)

This man is aware 8) Skyline = Dope 8)

Considering WRX are only 4 cylinders :roll:

I dont care about performance, i stated that above.. The only thing that needs to be worried about is how good it looks. Why do you need a car that can go from 0-230km/hr in 9.7 seconds when you will never be going that fast anyway

MC DUI

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:

I dont care about performance, i stated that above.. The only thing that needs to be worried about is how good it looks. Why do you need a car that can go from 0-230km/hr in 9.7 seconds when you will never be going that fast anyway

Yeah but CH Skylines do look good :twisted: :lol:

Innconu

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:

Okay then go for real Jap performance the Skyline and Supra can look better then any WRX or EVO that is offered up

mypic3.jpg

8)

Nope, even normals lancers with an evo can kit look better than that supra. I dont like curvy looking cars, i like more squarish smaller styles such as this evo 8

334916_9_full.jpg

or these

334916_14_full.jpg

Latest posts