What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hull forward Mickey Paea to leave KC Stadium for NRL return

possm

Coach
Hull have revealed front row Mickey Paea will return to Australia after rejecting their offer of a new contract.

Paea, 29, who joined Hull from Hull KR at the start of last season, was set to stay at the KC Stadium but has instead opted to return to the NRL in 2016. Hull coach Lee Radford said: "We're obviously disappointed to lose Mickey at the end of the year as he is a terrific player and an even better person.

"He is respected by everyone at the club and a great player to have around the camp but we all understand his reasoning for wanting to return home and have another shot at the NRL, especially after some eye-catching performances this season. "We made every effort to keep him and put a significant financial offer on the table and to his credit he looked likely to commit his future to us had an opportunity of this nature not arisen in Australia, one which might not come around again."

The destination of Paea, who had spells in the NRL with Sydney Roosters, St George Illawarra and Canterbury Bulldogs before moving to Super League in 2012, is set to be revealed later this week. He said: "I will be eternally grateful for the understanding the club have shown me over the last few months.

"They have been open and honest with me throughout and made me a great offer to stay at the club, which I would have undoubtedly accepted had the circumstances have been right. "However, they have known and understand that my family and I had aspirations to return home and for me as a player to test myself in the NRL again and have waited patiently for me to make my decision, without any added pressure."

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-lea...ickey-paea-to-leave-kc-stadium-for-nrl-return

Anyone got more info on this? Is he coming to the Dragons?

bottle

Coach
Don't know anything of his current form.
Anyone up to date with the ESL?
Probably end up at the Dogs or Rorters, they still have cap money to spend.

mmap dragons

Juniors
I'd like to see him end up at the Scum. Would be great for team morale with Paea and Gallen in the same team on top of the Gordon fiasco and losing a major sponsor.

Mr Red

First Grade
No thanks

Was good but not great at the dragons
Was slightly less effective at the Bulldogs
Now a few years older so I doubt playing in England would cause a massive form reversal...

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I thought he'd be a great pick up 6 months ago during the off season. But considering the form of the current team, I think we need to concentrate on securing our current 17. The only new addition to the squad next season will probably be packer.

BennyV

Referee
I thought he'd be a great pick up 6 months ago during the off season. But considering the form of the current team, I think we need to concentrate on securing our current 17. The only new addition to the squad next season will probably be packer.

Just because we are sitting in 2nd doesnt mean we have the perfect squad man. We can (and should) definitely make improvements to our top 17, with left winger and utility forward being the frontrunners. On top of that, a bit of additional depth would be great, especially at prop and in the centres.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I remember him being quite good at the Dragons hence why the scum were quick to sign him as he only had a year at the Dragons. He was a Browny special where he gets a player, they perform out of their skin and are gone the next season e.g Lincoln Withers, Ennis, etc.

He was then less effective at the Dogs. Just like Darryl Millard again he was great at Saints covering for Gaz or Coops then went to $hite at the Dogs.

He would be a better option that O'Brien and the butcher from the bush that they brought in that is for sure.

bottle

Coach
Signed with Newy

THE NEWCASTLE Knights have announced the signing of journeyman prop Mickey Paea on a two-year deal.

The Hull FC forward, who debuted for the Roosters back in 2005, has been a standout in the Super League since 2012 and can’t wait to get another crack at the NRL.

“I am delighted to be able to return to the NRL after four years in the UK Super League,” Paea said.

“Whilst I have enjoyed every minute of the UK Super League and experience living life in Hull, I’m very excited to be returning to the NRL.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/knights-sign-mickey-paea/

Latest posts