What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hull KR promoted to SuperLeague

Hull KR, have been promoted, will be interesting to see over next couple of weeks, whether they chase an australian half or 5/8, be it that both Dykes or Kimmorley could be the one, this would effect out top 25, and in Kimmorley's case our salary cap

zeppelin

Juniors
So Hull will now have two teams in the ESL? Or is Hull KR from a completely different region?

Quigs

Immortal
zeppelin said:
So Hull will now have two teams in the ESL? Or is Hull KR from a completely different region?

matey, from my knowledge gained over the last few years Hull and Hull Kingston Rovers are just miles apart and have been at war ever since Jesus fell out of the manger....

Its like us and the Stains, multiplied by 10. So it should make for some interesting times in the City of Hull.

We had a wonderful little half back 5/8 come to us from HKR years and years ago by the name of "sir' Roger Millward. Sir Rog told me himself that he would of loved to finish his career with the sharks but for the international transfer ban that was instigated at the time.

Champion player - Champion bloke.... read about him at this brilliant rugby league website www.eraofthebiff.com also look up the old yarn of the month about a Hull supporter named Fletch... that would give you some idea of the hatred between the camps. Fletch named his black cat after Mick Sullivan the famous coloured wingman for Hull and when Sullivan transferred across to KR Fletchs beloved cat disappeared... rumour has it that Fletch put thecat down because of the traitor... its very interesting reading.

I know I am going to keep a close eye on proceedings from Hull, should be fun.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Yes this is the team my mate Byron Ford is playing for! He is currently leading tryscorer over there! Has 1 more year to go on his contract then he will be looking for a NRL club! Has great natural ability! He could of been a professional basketballer aswell! He is over 6ft

Hookey has got nothing on Bizza! Size, strength and speed dont compare

zeppelin

Juniors
Quigs said:
matey, from my knowledge gained over the last few years Hull and Hull Kingston Rovers are just miles apart and have been at war ever since Jesus fell out of the manger....

Its like us and the Stains, multiplied by 10. So it should make for some interesting times in the City of Hull.

We had a wonderful little half back 5/8 come to us from HKR years and years ago by the name of "sir' Roger Millward. Sir Rog told me himself that he would of loved to finish his career with the sharks but for the international transfer ban that was instigated at the time.

Champion player - Champion bloke.... read about him at this brilliant rugby league website www.eraofthebiff.com also look up the old yarn of the month about a Hull supporter named Fletch... that would give you some idea of the hatred between the camps. Fletch named his black cat after Mick Sullivan the famous coloured wingman for Hull and when Sullivan transferred across to KR Fletchs beloved cat disappeared... rumour has it that Fletch put thecat down because of the traitor... its very interesting reading.

I know I am going to keep a close eye on proceedings from Hull, should be fun.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Thanks quigs.

I actually went to HUll last year to watch Aust V GB in the tri nations. They are absolutely mad rugby league supporters so those games should be great to watch on foxtel next year.

ali

Bench
Snoop Shark said:
Yes this is the team my mate Byron Ford is playing for! He is currently leading tryscorer over there! Has 1 more year to go on his contract then he will be looking for a NRL club! Has great natural ability! He could of been a professional basketballer aswell! He is over 6ft

Hookey has got nothing on Bizza! Size, strength and speed dont compare

He's represented the Cook Islands hasn't he?

The rivalry between Hull FC and Hull KR is pretty intense. Hull KR was a very strong side in the 80's and earlier. I think both the Hull sides actually met in a Challenge Cup final some time in the 80's.

Greater Hull is actually a fairly big city. Actually I think i read, Hull is the biggest city in Europe never to have a soccer team in their country's top division. Maybe it's because it is such a keen rugby league town?

Anyway, Hull KR is on the east side of Hull, and Hull FC are based in the west side.

ChrisHKR

Juniors
Hi All,
This is my first post on your site. I live in HUll and I am a mad Hull KR supporter. I have supported them for nearly 40 years through thick and thin (and believe me there has been some realy thin times). It is great to see that we are causing some interest over there. Quigs is dead right about our great Roger Milward MBE. I actually spoke to him the other week down at our ground (Craven Park) he is a real gentelman and as far as we are concerned a true legend of rugby league. He has a book out which makes good reading if you are interested in all aspects of rugby league.

I like some of the posts on here cannot wait for the next round of our SL to start when we in Hull will show the rest of the UK RL what a true city derby is all about (makes the hair on the back of my kneck stand up just thinking about it).

Good luck to you all until the next time

ChrisHKR

fizman

Bench
Snoop Shark said:
Im sorry if it harms your eyes newman!!! I dont rate the full stop!

Perhaps we should start using these at the end of each sentence: (oYo)

Latest posts