What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hungry jacks quad stack

Johns Magic

Referee
They had a similar burger in McDonalds in Japan when I was on a footy tour last year, 4 patties and cheeses. It was called the Monster Burger or something. I tried it then so I don't feel the need to try it again.

McLovin

Staff member
I saw a story on this a few nights ago (A Current Affair i think). Made me want to go out and buy some..f**k they look nice...I'll take 2 thanks...

Shorty

Staff member
Feel sick just looking at the thing.
ParraEelsNRL,please educate yourself on diet because you are grossly misinformed.

The burger itself exceeds all categories of daily intake,that alone is disturbing considering just how many people are probably going to have one.
What I found even more disturbing was when HJ's made a statement about the thing they said it was targeted to strong and hungry men.
Y'know...the type,tall and large...the gut over their belly close to their heart....

The Gambler

Juniors
When have people seen this commercial?

Only yesterday at the George Street Hungry Jacks did I see a dweeby looking guy in a suit holding a HJ's burger that looked like death - he was getting filmed for what looked like a commercial.

The Colonel

Immortal
When have people seen this commercial?

Only yesterday at the George Street Hungry Jacks did I see a dweeby looking guy in a suit holding a HJ's burger that looked like death - he was getting filmed for what looked like a commercial.

That would have been the Today Show. It was on this morning.

Martli

Coach
Simple fix. If weight issues are the reason for them clogging up the health system make them pay. Same as smokers.

I am overweight, by a good deal at the moment. My biggest problem is I work on average a 70 hour week, get 10 minutes for lunch most days and have little time for exercise. My diet has suffered because of it. Nature of my job unfortunately. I did have to do something about it.

If I was to go to the doctors because of my wieght issues I would happily pay and not seek any recompense.

Problem is the carry on around the problem being a social issue makes the people who are overweight stop taking responsibility and blame it on every one else and expect help to do it.

It's not a simple fix at all, it's a waste of resources. When you overeat you're using up food resources that could otherwise be going somewhere else. When you seek medical attention, you're using medical resources that could be used on people who have a completely unprovoked need for them. Paying for it doesn't make things right again, you're still dragging a doctor away from another matter, occupying a bed, and using surgery hours because you wanted four paddies in your burger. Regardless of whether or not the user pays, there are always going to be costs to society, they just go beyond a simple monetary transactions. Burger king are only making it easier.

Martli

Coach
Feel sick just looking at the thing.
ParraEelsNRL,please educate yourself on diet because you are grossly misinformed.

The burger itself exceeds all categories of daily intake,that alone is disturbing

Um, not really. I'd say 70g of fat is about right for 1 day depending on your size and 70g of protein is probably only 1.5 meals worth (again dependant on your size). Sat-fat and sodium is through the roof though.

The Colonel

Immortal
It's not a simple fix at all, it's a waste of resources. When you overeat you're using up food resources that could otherwise be going somewhere else. When you seek medical attention, you're using medical resources that could be used on people who have a completely unprovoked need for them. Paying for it doesn't make things right again, you're still dragging a doctor away from another matter, occupying a bed, and using surgery hours because you wanted four paddies in your burger. Regardless of whether or not the user pays, there are always going to be costs to society, they just go beyond a simple monetary transactions. Burger king are only making it easier.

So we should ban all fast food then? Cut it out altogether? I mean someone who buys one large burger may in fact buy two smaller ones instead and cause the same problems.
That way no one can get fat and waste resources and become a burden.

The thing is though, people who are overweight don't necessarily overeat. They could just eat the wrong things and not get exercise. They could also have a medical condition that is a completely unprovoked need for them.

I have a mate who weighs about 85 kilos wringing wet and eats two bbq chickens for lunch.

Maybe you should stop eating and donate your food to compensate? :crazy:

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Does it matter? Anyone who wants four patties can order it anyway, regardless of whether it's on the menu or not. Would I order it personally? No, I can't physically eat that much meat, it makes me sick unless it's lean as. But I don't think it's irresponsible for a fast food chain everyone knows is unhealthy to advertise a burger everyone knows is unhealthy. Hungry Jacks are on a hiding to nothing here, by virtue of the fact that everyone is blaming everyone else for the obesity issues...perhaps you could say "well they shouldn't advertise it" but I don't see that it makes much difference, anyone who wants it will order it either way.

The problem here isn't the product, it's a certain percentage of the people eating it. But once again, people will shift the blame to the food, or the company, or advertising, or society...until people take responsibility and say "Your obesity is YOUR fault, not ours, not the fast food industry's ,not television's, but YOURS" then we'll have the same problem regardless.

Let me ask those of you saying this is irresponsible one small thing. If this burger is banned tomorrow and some fat bloke goes into Hungry Jacks and asks for it, and is told it's been banned. Is it better that he then orders two Double Cheesburgers? Or two Whoppers? Will it make any difference at all?

Martli

Coach
So we should ban all fast food then? Cut it out altogether? I mean someone who buys one large burger may in fact buy two smaller ones instead and cause the same problems.
That way no one can get fat and waste resources and become a burden.

The thing is though, people who are overweight don't necessarily overeat. They could just eat the wrong things and not get exercise. They could also have a medical condition that is a completely unprovoked need for them.

I have a mate who weighs about 85 kilos wringing wet and eats two bbq chickens for lunch.

Maybe you should stop eating and donate your food to compensate? :crazy:

These are all ridiculous points.

1. Of course we shouldn't ban fast food, but we shouldn't make it easier for people to get fat either. Obesity can be reduced to a manageable level in which resource wastage isn't so profound. Actions like this do nothing to help however.

2. Everyone burns a certain number of calories per day. These calories are dependant on your metabolism, size, and daily exercise. To gain weight you need to eat an excess of calories. More calories are burnt as you gain weight eg. Someone who weights 90kg will burn more calories at rest than someone who is 60kg. In order to gain weight you are overeating, you can't get fat without overeating, it's pure mathematics. To maintain an overweight figure, you need those base calories, otherwise you start losing weight. Thus, someone who is overweight will be eating more calories than they would be had they never gained weight in the first place. Fat doesn't just appear out of nowhere.

Medical conditions are a completely different kettle of fish, to lump them in with people who overeat because they are either lazy, ignorant or both is just stupid. Prader-Willi syndrome is a condition in which the hypothalamus can't regulate your hunger prangs, and it affects about 1 in 12,000-15,000 live births. Basically, you are hungry all the time, all you think about is food and eating, you can't controll it at all. There is a huge difference between someone who overeats because of a medical condition and someone who overeats because they're a f**king idiot.

3. Good for him, maybe he uses up a lot of calories, maybe he eats only 1 or 2 meals. Again, you need to look further than the obvious. How can one little anecdote prove my entire point useless?

4. No way, I f**king love my food.

I'm talking purely about obesity here. I'm not talking about people who are just a bit overweight. I am talking about people who are the literal interpretation of Timmah, the jabba the hutts of this world. This group is probably bigger than you think, and I have the funny feeling that it's growing every day. I don't want society to have to take the weight (pun intentional) because burger king wants to profit and becuase fatty-fatty-boom-boom wants his caaaaake.

Martli

Coach
The problem here isn't the product, it's a certain percentage of the people eating it. But once again, people will shift the blame to the food, or the company, or advertising, or society...until people take responsibility and say "Your obesity is YOUR fault, not ours, not the fast food industry's ,not television's, but YOURS" then we'll have the same problem regardless.

You're completely missing the point. Yes it is their fault, but society still pays a price for it. Obesity is a growing burden for all of us. Don't you get that?

It's a small f**king step introducing this burger, but it's a small step in the wrong direction. I'm beyond arguing the point of the burger now, it only serves as an example of fast-food companies making obesity easier for people.

Johns Magic

Referee
The thing about this burger is that it's actively encouraging people to pig out.

This burger is almost being marketed as a challenge, which inevitably many people will take up who wouldn't have gone to Hungry Jacks at all in the first place(good marketing).

For those saying that this burger is no different to buying two smaller burgers which people would just do anyway, stop being naive. People would order two burgers because they're hungry. People will buy this burger because it's something they've "just gotta do".

perverse

Referee
just had the double stacker. anyone who can actually consume a whole quad stacker needs to put down the f**king gravy...

having said that i don't care too much about HJ's advertising it etc. fat people will be fat... and tbh i have more pressing matters in my life to worry about than to kick up a stink about such a trivial matter. real ACA stuff this is.

Ram Man

Juniors
Anyone who buys it know what they are getting themselves into.
Its been reported how unhealthy it is, so if you are dumb enough to eat one, you probably deserve the ramifications that come along with gorging yourself on something so ridiculous

Bazal

Post Whore
You're completely missing the point. Yes it is their fault, but society still pays a price for it. Obesity is a growing burden for all of us. Don't you get that?

It's a small f**king step introducing this burger, but it's a small step in the wrong direction. I'm beyond arguing the point of the burger now, it only serves as an example of fast-food companies making obesity easier for people.

How is it easier? Because it's slightly easier to eat one burger with four patties than it is to eat two double cheesburgers? And you miss my point....obesity is a burden for us because we are lumped with the responsibility. The reason we suffer is because, as a society, we offer these people an excuse. "Oh, obesity is society's/big corporation/industry's/television's fault." Until we take this element of society and say "you're fat because you eat like sh*t. Fix it." then the problem will continue. We shouldn't offer excuses for obesity. Solutions, yes....but don't just sit there and blame society because it's a load of crap. If anything, the social trend is heading more towards healthy eating...but obesity isn't falling.

Shorty

Staff member
Um, not really. I'd say 70g of fat is about right for 1 day depending on your size and 70g of protein is probably only 1.5 meals worth (again dependant on your size). Sat-fat and sodium is through the roof though.
:lol:Yeah I have to admit I saw the sodium amount and assumed.
Is that counting the sugar in the buns as well?

Latest posts