What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BLM01

First Grade
Hunt will have the shits. He wanted to leave us immediately but the Dragons knocked him back and the opportunity to go to any Queensland club has closed and I don't think that there are any takers for him now by any other club.

We are left with him for the next 2 years after this one and unless he accepts this and starts putting in, he will be a waste of money to us.
In walks Brisbane, Tigers or the Dogs
He can play outside Reynolds or hooker if need. he will do that for Brisbane
He can play outside or inside Sexton at the Dogs. Burton to centre where he belongs
Tigers as a smokie. Heard that when all this frst started
Dolphins?...maybe. Not sure they need him. Maybe they do. O'Sullivan been a flop?
Then again Boyd and his manager from the Titans wrote the article basically
So back to the Titans :rolleyes:

justadragon

Bench
In walks Brisbane, Tigers or the Dogs
He can play outside Reynolds or hooker if need. he will do that for Brisbane
He can play outside or inside Sexton at the Dogs. Burton to centre where he belongs
Tigers as a smokie. Heard that when all this frst started
Dolphins?...maybe. Not sure they need him. Maybe they do. O'Sullivan been a flop?
Then again Boyd and his manager from the Titans wrote the article basically
So back to the Titans :rolleyes:
Correct this is an article written by Boyd's manager, so really nothing has changed except that Boyd puts in and Hunt doesn't.

TheRev

First Grade
I mentioned this last week, that once the FOMO wears off.. the Titans and Broncos should be sitting back and pondering the longterm damage that bringing a 33yr old hooker into their thriving lineups.. unless they can somehow stack a million dollar player as a backup.. if Hunt would allow that.. then they will end up losing 1 of their young stars. Seems crazy to me.

That said there are plenty of other clubs who will magically find the money.. and I dont care where he goes, I just care who they can trade to us. But Ben will want to start playing better football or other clubs might start seeing what we've been seeing..

Dragons4me

Juniors
I mentioned this last week, that once the FOMO wears off.. the Titans and Broncos should be sitting back and pondering the longterm damage that bringing a 33yr old hooker into their thriving lineups.. unless they can somehow stack a million dollar player as a backup.. if Hunt would allow that.. then they will end up losing 1 of their young stars. Seems crazy to me.

That said there are plenty of other clubs who will magically find the money.. and I dont care where he goes, I just care who they can trade to us. But Ben will want to start playing better football or other clubs might start seeing what we've been seeing..

Great post!. Ah, the voice of common sense in the recent sea of insanity.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Imo cowboys are a smokey if titans falls over. A swaps with Hunt for Townsend+ another youngish player. Maybe even Luciano? Cowboys have a few quality 2rf with Luciano, Nanai, Luki, Finefeuiaki.

Flanno has a good connection with Townsend & gives him an experienced reliable half in his first season coaching NRL after a long time. Luciano was a dragons junior, I'd ask for Luki instead tbh. But yea, I don't want townsend but can see it happening.

redVinme

Bench
Imo cowboys are a smokey if titans falls over. A swaps with Hunt for Townsend+ another youngish player. Maybe even Luciano? Cowboys have a few quality 2rf with Luciano, Nanai, Luki, Finefeuiaki.

Flanno has a good connection with Townsend & gives him an experienced reliable half in his first season coaching NRL after a long time. Luciano was a dragons junior, I'd ask for Luki instead tbh. But yea, I don't want townsend but can see it happening.

Defs not Luc. We have enough abusers in the team already imo

They are stacked with forwards with potential tho so defs something there.

Louiethefly

Juniors

I'd be asking Dean young to get into Robson's ear, swap hunt for Robson and Luki. Robson gives us the captain option we need as well as plays a style that Flannagan seems to coach well.

denis preston

First Grade
Two points here.

1. We need him to be desirable to other clubs so we don’t retain a demotivated 1 million a year list clogger Who has lost the teams respect.
2. He needs to play well now to remind these other clubs what they are getting.

Our best scenario is he plays well enough to help us get away from the spoon , leaves at end of season & with that money available it helps us get 2 or 3 very good players for next season.

justadragon

Bench
Well my heart certainly goes out to Benny . One moment wanted by all and sundry and then to an over aged player .

The poor sod must feel like one of Joe Bjelken's Peterson's used brown paper bags ! 🙄
Maybe if he would have gone about things the right way and shown some respect to his current employer, who BTW is still paying him a Million bucks a year, maybe there would have been a different outcome. Now he deserves everything thats coming his way with a possible wooden spoon to show for it.

Gareth67

First Grade
Maybe if he would have gone about things the right way and shown some respect to his current employer, who BTW is still paying him a Million bucks a year, maybe there would have been a different outcome. Now he deserves everything thats coming his way with a possible wooden spoon to show for it.
Absolutely agree justadragon , he was anything but professional in his dealings with the Dragons . He showed little respect , if any , to the club that bowed to his every whim .

To my mind he is there - and perhaps will continue to be there under sufferance - that being his own .

Mojo

Bench
and when he goes, he can take the spoon with him .... as an implant.

justadragon

Bench
Absolutely agree justadragon , he was anything but professional in his dealings with the Dragons . He showed little respect , if any , to the club that bowed to his every whim .

To my mind he is there - and perhaps will continue to be there under sufferance - that being his own .
100% Gareth, and if he has a poor showing tonight it will absolutely expose his true character, I hope the ones that retained him as captain which is a disgrace are feeling a little nervous about his upcoming performance. Would you ever imagine players like Smith, Gasnier, Raper, Proven ever behaving in the way Hunt did, its really a slap in the face to those blokes.

Gareth67

First Grade
100% Gareth, and if he has a poor showing tonight it will absolutely expose his true character, I hope the ones that retained him as captain which is a disgrace are feeling a little nervous about his upcoming performance. Would you ever imagine players like Smith, Gasnier, Raper, Proven ever behaving in the way Hunt did, its really a slap in the face to those blokes.
Those greats of the game wanted to play for the Dragons , undoubtedly their money was good however it was a case of they admired just what the jersey stood for .

I recall Apisi Toga mentioning in an article once that other teams would attempt to lure him away from the Dragons by offering him more money than St.George and his reply was always the same , it wasn’t so much the money as the pride he took for playing for the mighty Saints .

Different era when players had principles , sadly unlike today where the mighty $ reins supreme .

Last edited: