What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gareth67

First Grade
Good lawd I am sick of this Hunt saga , it’s dragged on for as long as ‘ These are the Days of our Lives ‘ and that went for bloody decades I kid you not .

How do I know you may ask ? Because the missus never missed a damn episode . Every day at noon I would hear “ Like the Sands through an Hourglass so are the Days of our Lives “ . It was enough to send a man down the pub for a few ales .

But back to Hunt , as financially hard as it may be he needs to be sent packing . Either that or come down hard on him for his lack of leadership and heart in every performance early on in the season in the hope that he may walk himself .

It absolutely astounds me to think that Flanagan ( if the media reports are indeed factual 🤔 ) cannot as yet see that he is a roadblock to the Dragon’s future success .

Dragon David

First Grade
Good lawd I am sick of this Hunt saga , it’s dragged on for as long as ‘ These are the Days of our Lives ‘ and that went for bloody decades I kid you not .

How do I know you may ask ? Because the missus never missed a damn episode . Every day at noon I would hear “ Like the Sands through an Hourglass so are the Days of our Lives “ . It was enough to send a man down the pub for a few ales .

But back to Hunt , as financially hard as it may be he needs to be sent packing . Either that or come down hard on him for his lack of leadership and heart in every performance early on in the season in the hope that he may walk himself .

It absolutely astounds me to think that Flanagan ( if the media reports are indeed factual 🤔 ) cannot as yet see that he is a roadblock to the Dragon’s future success .
I'm sure he sees Hunt as being a roadblock in more ways than one and the detours that have to be put into place by Flanno may not be as easy as this way and that. Hunt is still under contract, he is on top range money, he has been tested in the SOO and Test arenas and came through with good marks because of the players around him. His leadership has failed him and this particular role just isn't his forte and having this pressure taken away from him might be the answer to him playig more freely without any additional burden.

There are other half backs coming available after Nov 1, some even now, but Flanno has the task of making the right decision for the future progress of the club and cannot just jump into signing someone just for the sake of it. Hunt can be a great half back, but needs to not be captain and also to show more enthusiasm on game days and desire to win so that it rubs off onto the other guys who tend to rely on him too much.

Preference for us is that he signs elsewhere for next year and we get someone who can manage a game and be the spark to get us wins.

RedVee

First Grade

I think Flanno is trying to build the road for the bypass before moving on the roadblock.

I was honestly surprised you didn’t sack him on the spot after his media campaign running down the club to every media organisation he could. Waagh!

He could have kept it personal and basically blamed himself but he went on a relentless hysterical tirade against the club that made him a multi.

A pig of a human and an utter disgrace to your jersey, he degrades and denigrates it every time he wears it.

If I was Webby, I’d make sure every jersey he gets, I’d get the gear steward to make sure there’s a small tear in it somewhere before it puts it on.

A symbolic gesture that he doesn’t deserve a true or proper one.

Hard core SGI, certainly back in the day, dragons supporters. They’d drape a jersey or flag over their coffins. Ashes spilt at Kogarah.

The way he defiled and denigrated their memory was honestly….f**king disgusting.

You can knock and pay out on the club privately, but you can’t disrespect it. It’s the same with us. I hate players who disrespect clubs they play for. They can f**k off.

Last edited: