What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeffdragon

Bench
Am so over this. A tooth extraction without anaesthetic is less painful. It's so tough and now my mates are giving it to me big time. Let him go. He'll miraculous sign with a club (contravening NRL policy but noone cares) and we'll pick up the pieces. The real truth will never come out but one's legacy after your career lasts much longer than your career. It's what immediately comes to mind when a players name is mentioned. That's everlasting long after you've unlaced your boots for the very last time.
When he plays at jubilee if he does.
I will go to the tunnel and boo him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
In some way I think the Dragons played part of their hand today in the ressies game.

This 'brief, but successful' peak into the future was engineered by......?

Gareth67

First Grade
Wholeheartedly agree , let’s take him to the cleaners the man signed his contract extension in good faith and with a damn good pay day .

Don’t give a damn which team he will go to , the Dragons are due compensation and until they get it then - as Red Vee 8 suggested - play the traitor in the C.cup at hooker .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Interesting to see what we get back in terms of compensation. Only going for Broncos for rest of the year so surely they aren’t giving up much. Maybe Broncos throw in a young player like Piakura or Willison and Titans do the same the same as he is signing with them for 2 seasons.
If Hunt goes to the Broncos for the remainder of the year, there won't be any trades just like Tevita Pengai Jnr to Penrith and several others as mentioned in the Codes Sports article.

He will just be let go knowing our Club, just like Kerr to the Dolphins. Bloody hell - no club is giving up any decent player for us to replace Ramsey or maybe we just give and not take because we feel sorry for the other clubs.

We are weak as shit and we will not succeed if we continue to be weak as shit in the office and on the pitch. Got to realise that we have to be tougher and be sneaky like all of the other clubs who make it to the top. We ummm and aaahhh too much and for too long and our procrastination with getting the right personnel in the office and the squad allows other clubs to get the good ones before us. Averillo and Farnworth and we let Kerr go to the Dolphins. We stuff around and I am so cranky.

I honestly cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel for this club. Yes, we have a new coach coming in but by crikey he would need to perform miracles galore to get us anywhere being competitive the way things are going. I heard that Flanno has done a bit of poaching - hope that they are gooduns for us both in the football department and the squad.

Mojo

Bench
This prick leaves me (almost) speechless. After all his histrionics over the past couple of years, nothing could be more insulting to StGI than for him to transfer to Broncs to play 9. It's so piss weak I'd almost expect that the Broncs wouldn't want to be part of such a deal.

He was a wipe-out at the Broncs before we took him on with a record breaking contract at that time. He's been given everything he wanted by StGI, including his shithouse preferred coach and rat shit old teammates and his preference to play 7 and refusal to play 9. He's delivered virtually nothing of note during his 6 years with us and now that we're close to the bottom of the table, largely due to him and his endless selfish demands IMO, with a dispirited squad which he captains, he wants to simply swap to a team at the top of the table to try to grab a premiership ring.

If this happens and the Broncs win a the premiership in '23 with him at 9 he will be forever remembered as one of the biggest BS artists in the history of the game. His desertion or dishonourable discharge from StGI, coupled with his bludger's ride with the Broncs, will be forever tainted as a disgraceful, gutless piece of shit. He wont even have any rightful claim to his premiership ring. He'll be remembered as the guy that had to bludge the ring rather than actually earn it!

I think he actually thinks he is one of the greatest players ever and he's some sort of victim having to play for a poor quality side. What an absolute deluded grub.

hewi

Bench
This prick leaves me (almost) speechless. After all his histrionics over the past couple of years, nothing could be more insulting to StGI than for him to transfer to Broncs to play 9. It's so piss weak I'd almost expect that the Broncs wouldn't want to be part of such a deal.

He was a wipe-out at the Broncs before we took him on with a record breaking contract at that time. He's been given everything he wanted by StGI, including his shithouse preferred coach and rat shit old teammates and his preference to play 7 and refusal to play 9. He's delivered virtually nothing of note during his 6 years with us and now that we're close to the bottom of the table, largely due to him and his endless selfish demands IMO, with a dispirited squad which he captains, he wants to simply swap to a team at the top of the table to try to grab a premiership ring.

If this happens and the Broncs win a the premiership in '23 with him at 9 he will be forever remembered as one of the biggest BS artists in the history of the game. His desertion or dishonourable discharge from StGI, coupled with his bludger's ride with the Broncs, will be forever tainted as a disgraceful, gutless piece of shit. He wont even have any rightful claim to his premiership ring. He'll be remembered as the guy that had to bludge the ring rather than actually earn it!

I think he actually thinks he is one of the greatest players ever and he's some sort of victim having to play for a poor quality side. What an absolute deluded grub.

If I could give you a double like I would. A f##king hypocrite and grub.

We should never have signed him in the first place. He was welcomed with open arms cos we'd had a gutful of McCrone but he has not lived up to the pay-check.
He will go down in Dragons history as a whining, narcissistic, self-interested shirker and if I was a Dragons forward I would be champing at the bit to get the ball and run straight over the top of the gutless little shit-weasel.

Dragon David

First Grade

God this is pissing me off. He will be gone there is no doubt. Whether or not it is to the Broncos now and then the Titans, that is a strong chance to happen, but surely, the club has something to say about that. He is still contracted to us for the next 2 and a half years. He isn't happy - boo hoo. He wants to go back to Queensland - why now and not before he re-signed when Hook was still with us - didn't he and his wife feel home sick late last year or is it now that Hook has gone?

The initial word from Hunt wanting out is completely different now to then.

Please Dragons, don't give in. Let him stew for the rest of the year and wait until we know that we have a more decent guy to replace him before he gets his bloody release. Why give an opposing club the advantage when they wouldn't give us one. We will look a very weak club and be the laughing stock moreso in this lousy competition.

I can see myself actually giving up following the sport now - not worth the drama and uselessness that we have to go through year in and out. This situation will make keeping players loyal at one club very hard and breaking contracts easy. You watch. After this fiasco has ended and Hunt has gone and the NRL hear no evil, see no evil and SAY no evil in Hunt's case, when it happens again they will bring in rules and regulations stipulating that once a contract is signed that the player will need to remain at the club until the contract ends.

I'm fed up with all of this - just one bad thing after another.

I