What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

56to66

Juniors
I have followed the dragons for 50 years. If they let him walk to Broncos and the sign with a Sydney club next year that’s it for me… signing off forever
I have been a St George supporter since the 70's, used to watch most games televised, since 1999 after that GF that was stolen from us , my interest has waned, but I could see we had a chance with players like Gaz, Coops, Baz and co.
05, 06, missed opportunity, Wayne kept my interest alive, the last 10 years have been diabolical, Ben the Banker actions have been disgusting along side those QLD clubs, Shane Flanagan will be the last for me, if he fails like the last 3 Muppets I am done.
Rugby League can Rot in Hell!

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
This prick leaves me (almost) speechless. After all his histrionics over the past couple of years, nothing could be more insulting to StGI than for him to transfer to Broncs to play 9. It's so piss weak I'd almost expect that the Broncs wouldn't want to be part of such a deal.

He was a wipe-out at the Broncs before we took him on with a record breaking contract at that time. He's been given everything he wanted by StGI, including his shithouse preferred coach and rat shit old teammates and his preference to play 7 and refusal to play 9. He's delivered virtually nothing of note during his 6 years with us and now that we're close to the bottom of the table, largely due to him and his endless selfish demands IMO, with a dispirited squad which he captains, he wants to simply swap to a team at the top of the table to try to grab a premiership ring.

If this happens and the Broncs win a the premiership in '23 with him at 9 he will be forever remembered as one of the biggest BS artists in the history of the game. His desertion or dishonourable discharge from StGI, coupled with his bludger's ride with the Broncs, will be forever tainted as a disgraceful, gutless piece of shit. He wont even have any rightful claim to his premiership ring. He'll be remembered as the guy that had to bludge the ring rather than actually earn it!

I think he actually thinks he is one of the greatest players ever and he's some sort of victim having to play for a poor quality side. What an absolute deluded grub.

Hey @Mojo

Hope you feel better after posting that, as I felt better after reading it.

thebigredv

First Grade
I have followed the dragons for 50 years. If they let him walk to Broncos and the sign with a Sydney club next year that’s it for me… signing off forever

I’m with you on that.

Don’t care about Ben Hunt but the principle is what matters here.

either we get some massive compensation or he stays and runs around in NSW cup. If the club don’t play hard ball I’m officially done.

think the culture will be better off without him in the first grade team. Our best competitor but clearly very self-absorbed.

Illusion

Bench
I’m with you on that.

Don’t care about Ben Hunt but the principle is what matters here.

either we get some massive compensation or he stays and runs around in NSW cup. If the club don’t play hard ball I’m officially done.

think the culture will be better off without him in the first grade team. Our best competitor but clearly very self-absorbed.
I for one think the captaincy has gone to his head ......

TruSaint

Referee

Very interesting

So, as per this link, the speculation was closer to confirmation.

Hunt digs in and forces a leave to BNE, for this year only. Has a new contract at the Tit's to play 7 from next year on.

It's no coincidence we don't play the Donkeys again this year.

Well play Mr Hunt... Well played..

Gardenia

Juniors
On MMM they talked about a rumour if Hunt goes others will also ask for a release. They mentioned Lomax and Suli being 2 who could ask for a release. Hopefully it’s only a rumour but if true Flanno must be wondering what he is walking into.
Ive heard the lomax rumour to the chooks and Suli has already said he didnt want to come to us.

My blood is boiling. we are being screwed and what precedent does this set?? any team and decide they need to bolster their stocks for a premier ship so can just poach a player from a weaker team mid season?

Gardenia

Juniors
Hunt to showponies for the remainder of the year for a transfer fee and Tits the two years thereafter means no player swap for us from the Titans.
Broncos = win
Titans = win
Dragons = lose

Can't help but think we have been monumentally played by Titans and Broncos. I say up the stakes and tell Ben no deal unless there is a player swap, play in Reggie's if you don't like it.
Talk about kicking a club when they are down

This competition is stacked and completely rigged and uneven if this happens

so angry right now I have all sort of scenarios running through my head

id pay money to turn up to Broncos or Titans games just to wreak havoc right now

why dont we stage a mass onfield streaker incident - 100 of us running on stark naked every ten minutes of their games

hewi

Bench
I think you will find that what Suli meant was he did not want to get out of his comfort zone but knew it was a move he had to make. I have heard a rumour that he and Hunt had had a blue in the car park so if that is in anyway true he might be happy to see the arse end of him. Personally I think Hunt the last two years has been a pox on the club.

TruSaint

Referee
We are being death ridden at the moment. FFS don't panic.

Mate, people are not panicking.
You dont panic when you are destined for the spoon. You get pissed off.

Panicking is missing a key player for a prelim, or a shot at finals footy.

We are being played by a system that stinks and a selfish, overpaid fraud.
People have every right to vent, even allowing for the usual media BS.

Gardenia

Juniors
Mate, people are not panicking.
You dont panic when you are destined for the spoon. You get pissed off.

Panicking is missing a key player for a prelim, or a shot at finals footy.

We are being played by a system that stinks and a selfish, overpaid fraud.
People have every right to vent, even allowing for the usual media BS.
Im not panicking im fuming
we are being Effed over big time