What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Budpower

Juniors
In my opinion and it is just my opinion, the damage Hunt has done both to the team mates and the club is irreversible, especially as team captain. We all know he is not going to be there next year , he should be sitting in the stands copping the abuse from the fans, I wouldnt even allow him to wear the jumper in ressies, I know Sullivan is out but Hunt does not deserve to play for our beloved club, bring Herring in and see what we have, how much worse can it be. Lets not all forget that our season was done and dusted from the day the club announced Griffen should reapply for his job, somewhere near round 4-5. What a disgraceful season for all of us having to endure the constant disharmony and BOD shambles. Being a serviceman I'm still very angry that Hunt represented our club on ANZAC Day and I supported him. Thankyou double HH's for making this one hell of a season, and now I have to possibly endure Hunt running around trying to redeem himself, never will he redeem himself for my beloved club, but we all know what he will be remembered for.
THIS!!!.... but our what passes for a board doent have the BALLS OR RESPECT FOR THE JERSEY, TEAM, HERITAGE AND LEGENDS WHOVE BLED IN THAT JUMPER!!

TheRev

First Grade
Herring cant play.. hes not in our dev squad.. im not sure whats going on exactly.. im starting to wonder.. seems like a lot of overlap between him and King-Togia too.. I got them confused earlier till I realised they had different coloured head gear.

Then there is Turner.. I want him goneskies so the spine positions go with our our young ones.. even Stewart seems a lot better for his year in Cup.. but again.. if hes never getting a dev spot.. what do u do.. decisions decisions.. depends who Flanno can sign in 1st grade also.

Veteran Dragon

Juniors
My wishful thinking is Flanno can change Hunt’s mind and get him to stay. We have one up on the struggling clubs being Tigers & Bulldogs and that is we have a top line half back in Hunt that is of course if decides to put in. If he does go there are no other half backs in Hunt’s class to replace him. Even if one did become available we would have to pay massive overs to get him here. Let’s hope Flanno can work his magic.

Gareth67

First Grade
My wishful thinking is Flanno can change Hunt’s mind and get him to stay. We have one up on the struggling clubs being Tigers & Bulldogs and that is we have a top line half back in Hunt that is of course if decides to put in. If he does go there are no other half backs in Hunt’s class to replace him. Even if one did become available we would have to pay massive overs to get him here. Let’s hope Flanno can work his magic.
You are correct in as much as he is a top-line half , however unfortunately Hunt’s heart is simply no longer at the Dragons .

Time to move on and allow Flanagan to start with players who are totally committed to the Big Red V .

Illusion

Bench
Sorry mate don't agree , top line individual player , yes , one of the better number 9's , yes but not a top line half back ........ Plus don't want him as a Captain or a player ....... Just my opinion , you are intitled to yours ......

justadragon

Bench
I can see your point mate, but is Hunt a top line half back or is he a top line 9, and he is 34 on his way out , who would you have replacing him, we have some youngsters who need to be put in at 7 now to get them going into the NRL. I cant even say they would learn off Hunt, what has Hunt taught any of our juniors especially aspiring halves. Oh yes thats right, have a shit attitude when things dont go your own way and hold a club to ransom for as much as you can bleed out of them for your own selfish way. I would consider a top line 7 one that can game manage and hold a team together when things get tough in the trenches. dont get me started that he was also the captain of this mighty club who attempted to cut and run to go get himself a premiership. In the age group someone like Reynolds would shit all over Hunt every day of the week.