What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheRev

First Grade
He played poorly last night and they lost. The guy is trashing his own career. I’ve never rated him but I think it’s a little sad that he’s being so stupid at this stage of his career.
Agree, I would actually be nervous if I was him that the Titans/Broncos/Dogs etc will kind of realise they shouldnt be risking their good young halves for a 'hooker come halfback' turning 34 at the start of next season... there is a cost if you sign him for 2+ years.

Hopefully at the very least he starts putting in again for the Dragons to remind clubs why they r paying a million bucks.. we really do need him now that Sullivan is gone, we want to play well and paint ourselves in the best light.

Mojo

Bench
No release without compensation. Acceptable compensation.

don’t want to fulfil your contract? Sit out, no release will be granted.
That is what needs to happen but I can hear the journos whining already
Yes. Stuff the journo‘s. They don’t manage the club or run onto the field. They have too much influence - because we allow them to. There are now many involved in RL media who use their public profile to manipulate management of the sport and clubs. Guys who are player managers, consultants, trainers, even coaches, who also have regular media gigs. Conflicts of interests are considered unacceptable in all other walks of life. This is another area that the NRL needs to address. All of these aspects of really poor standards of governance are negatively impacting the sport.

saintmar

Juniors
We literally gain nothing by releasing Hunt early, we have no way to spend that money currently.. if he refuses to try at all.. then were gonna have to play MBye @7 until Sullivan is back.. Sullivans injury really stuffs us up though, we could have played Hunt off the bench etc..
Disagree you keep him and the chance is no one will want him as time goes on and we are stuck with Hunt for two more years.
As for now just play Herring.
We are either last or second last this year,what is the difference just play the kid.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Hopefully now SOO is done and dusted we can find a suitable exit/swap for Hunt. His image with supporters and sponsors is now irreparably damaged. My fear is no other club actually wants him at his price tag and we may need to make some concession to begin a proper rebuild. Without his salary to play with in the open market, we will be left scouring for bargains with upside.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
The model of the Roosters securing CooperCronk to put the icing on the cake with a good squad to make finals was genius

Im sure a few teams will see Hunt as similar re inventing of the above move

For me with a really good team around him Flanno needs a long kicking good organising half and that is Hunt right now

blacksafake

First Grade
Maybe I’m being silly but I’m Expecting Hunt to turn up against the Tigers next week & play to his high standards, especially now that Bud is done.
I’d have Mbye on the bench as cover to replace him if he’s just going through the motions in the first 30 minutes & if that’s the case I’m not picking him again & he can f**k right off.

since77

Juniors
The model of the Roosters securing CooperCronk to put the icing on the cake with a good squad to make finals was genius

Im sure a few teams will see Hunt as similar re inventing of the above move

For me with a really good team around him Flanno needs a long kicking good organising half and that is Hunt right now
Wow huge difference between Cronk and Hunt. One has won many premierships, had a cool head under pressure, an astute game manager and great at clutch plays. Hunt is none of that.

Harry Bath

Juniors
Wow huge difference between Cronk and Hunt. One has won many premierships, had a cool head under pressure, an astute game manager and great at clutch plays. Hunt is none of that.
Correct Hunt is a good Runner and can break tackles, has a decent long kicking game buts that's about it.
He is a good First Grade half but nowhere near the class of a Cronk or Cleary

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
i need to choose my words more carefully

Hunt is not Cooper Cronk

I mean the strategy of finding that mature half that can be the icing your cake when you are in a window

There must be a few teams super keen for Hunt to play that role for them just like Brisbane also did with Reynolds

Mojo

Bench

Hunt is not Cooper Cronk

I mean the strategy of finding that mature half that can be the icing your cake when you are in a window

There must be a few teams super keen for Hunt to play that role for them just like Brisbane also did with Reynolds
Great. All they have to do is show us the colour of their money. It's very simple. If they want to buy an asset from us - either they pay cash or offer a reasonable swap.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Yes. Stuff the journo‘s. They don’t manage the club or run onto the field. They have too much influence - because we allow them to. There are now many involved in RL media who use their public profile to manipulate management of the sport and clubs. Guys who are player managers, consultants, trainers, even coaches, who also have regular media gigs. Conflicts of interests are considered unacceptable in all other walks of life. This is another area that the NRL needs to address. All of these aspects of really poor standards of governance are negatively impacting the sport.

Agree Mojo.

It's all becoming a bit nasty. The jurno's roll are to present the facts, not add personal get squares.

NRL 360 has been great the last few weeks. Paul Crawley thinks he know more about the game than Braith.

Buzz must hate everyone. The look on Alexanders face at the end of the interview about the SOO was priceless, I think Buzz killed his dog and his comments about Gould, "I will stand up in court".

Freddy performance was affected as he saw what was written was an attack on him and the players.

TheRev

First Grade
Disagree you keep him and the chance is no one will want him as time goes on and we are stuck with Hunt for two more years.
As for now just play Herring.
We are either last or second last this year,what is the difference just play the kid.
It should provide motivation for Hunt to stop sooking and start turning up.. i.e. its his value.. I dont mind if he stays though... assuming he gets back to work.

In terms of Herring, he doesnt have any contract (dev or otherwise), its honestly very suss to me.. he should have been signed up last year. Also I dont think hes an organising half.. happy to be wrong, but I think we are putting a ball runner with a ball runner in amon.. i dont think we'd do it.. its MBye for sure if Hunt goes.

Trifili13

Juniors

Hunt is not Cooper Cronk

The Roosters bringing in Cronk as halfback to guide them to the title is a bit of an outlier. Most teams you would think that are in a title window already have a gun halfback steering them around the park. Ask yourself, if you are a top 3 or 4 team with a realistic chance of winning the title, would you sign Hunt?

justadragon

Bench
In my opinion and it is just my opinion, the damage Hunt has done both to the team mates and the club is irreversible, especially as team captain. We all know he is not going to be there next year , he should be sitting in the stands copping the abuse from the fans, I wouldnt even allow him to wear the jumper in ressies, I know Sullivan is out but Hunt does not deserve to play for our beloved club, bring Herring in and see what we have, how much worse can it be. Lets not all forget that our season was done and dusted from the day the club announced Griffen should reapply for his job, somewhere near round 4-5. What a disgraceful season for all of us having to endure the constant disharmony and BOD shambles. Being a serviceman I'm still very angry that Hunt represented our club on ANZAC Day and I supported him. Thankyou double HH's for making this one hell of a season, and now I have to possibly endure Hunt running around trying to redeem himself, never will he redeem himself for my beloved club, but we all know what he will be remembered for.

Latest posts