What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SBD82

Coach
With our current squad , which halfback would have won us a comp?

even with any squad Hunts been a part of?

hardly Nostradamus level prediction

I get the anti Hunt sentiment but this is getting ridiculous

replace hunt with cronk, cleary, Johns those squads still aren’t winning a comp
If Cronk played for us for 6 years I reckon we would have won a comp.

Best controlling half I’ve seen. And the best I’ve seen at getting average players around him to play above their weight. He would have improved the squad from within and attracted players to the club.

He also honoured all of his contracts; Sometimes two in one season. Hunt can’t even honour one.

taxidriver

Coach
If Cronk played for us for 6 years I reckon we would have won a comp.

Best controlling half I’ve seen. And the best I’ve seen at getting average players around him to play above their weight. He would have improved the squad from within and attracted players to the club.

He also honoured all of his contracts; Sometimes two in one season. Hunt can’t even honour one.
Which squad. Shows me your lineup , with cronk , that would have won a comp

SBD82

Coach
Wasn't it wonderful to see a proper half dragging his team to victory in the GF, Not only is Cleary everything that Hunt is not, he also loves his club and his team mates.
Don’t forget that he’s a product of their development systems.

If only we had a strong local nursery that we could use to develop first grade talent instead of paying overs for overrated hacks from QLD.

justadragon

Bench

If only we had a strong local nursery that we could use to develop first grade talent instead of paying overs for overrated hacks from QLD.
Totally agree mate, like 80% of their team, how disgusting was it to see no representation in finals in any grade male or female by the Dragons.

possm

Coach

The Illawarra Steelers should always have been that nursery and most probably return to that role. We need some talented staff to bring through talented, well developed, and well-behaved juniors to our senior ranks.

I say that St George Leagues Club should build and own a leagues Club in Wollongong which would help finance the Illawarra Junior Leagues Club.

SBD82

Coach
The Illawarra Steelers should always have been that nursery and most probably return to that role. We need some talented staff to bring through talented, well developed, and well-behaved juniors to our senior ranks.

I say that St George Leagues Club should build and own a leagues Club in Wollongong which would help finance the Illawarra Junior Leagues Club.
The last thing our junior development needs is any more interference from the St George Leagues Club board.

taxidriver

Coach
I mean. That’s not what I said. But sure.
ok so what is your argument?

you're statement was

"just like I predicted that we will never win a comp with our million-dollar (C)Hunt right from the start"

i then asked you what half back would have won us a comp and you responded Cronk but only if we added more quality

so you select one of the greatest half backs of the modern era, if not all time, then add that he would need quality additions to the squad

I get you dont like Hunt but at least compare apples with apples.

Dragon David

First Grade
Wasn't it wonderful to see a proper half dragging his team to victory in the GF, Not only is Cleary everything that Hunt is not, he also loves his club and his team mates.
That's a massive difference justa. His upbringing has been strong and was a Panthers junior with many others who now wear premiership rings with him. He loves the Panthers and so puts in plenty of effort to get wins and has players around him who have true respect for him. Not like our halfback.