What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SEAT 1A

Bench
Im over it.

Yeah, yeah, I get the level headed argument that is to use this muppet and extract a good result, but his actions are beyond the pale.

He can piss off today as far as I am concerned, and play out his career wherever he wants, knowing that he single handedly united a very loyal fan base with his childish ego. Go and get blanked, and once you've done that get blanked again.

When we play his Charges/Dolphins/Broncos/Titans/Wombats/Lizards or any other QLD incarnation, this is what should be displayed in our dressing room ...

F6dUAenawAAh1Ho

That's just disgraceful.

The next thing Flanno and the club need to do is get rid of him.

As a Dragons fan honestly, you're not my first choice either and there is no way he should be here next year.

I was in the keep him until a replacement was done however, I'd be happy to see Kyle as number seven next year.

Nutz

Bench
Just let flanno do his thing...posting these type of threads, just give the journos who lurk here license to continually recycle this story line.
The journos will do it regardless GM.
My tigers are being belted from pillar to post every day and journos say the same stuff over and over (deservedly so I might add).
The only way to stop the noise both in here and in the media is to start winning.
Your new coach is a hard nose winner and good at getting the most out of his players especially the young lads.
The team with the best roster and coach usually wins. Saints and Tigers rosters haven't been the best hence their position on the ladder.
It will be interesting to see what Flanno and Marshall can do to lift their teams off the bottom. It's a mindset too imo, a winning culture that needs to sweep through the entire club and not just the NRL side.
The whole club from pathways through to the NRL need to play like how Flanno demands so the transition into the top grade is not unsettling.
Then if Flanno is successful, the whole clubs benefits.

TruSaint

Referee

Love this and its bang on.

Reynolds had half the skill set of Hunt but 10 times the heart.

I hate the Dogs, but he epitomises a team player. I remember James Graham offering the Dogs to cut his own salary to keep Reynolds, and then the farewell he got.

You see Ben, football is about mateship. Memories. It's about legacy.

What will be your legacy Ben ?

Nutz

Bench

I hate the Dogs, but he epitomises a team player. I remember James Graham offering the Dogs to cut his own salary to keep Reynolds, and then the farewell he got.

$$$

since77

Juniors

Dropped ball gifting a GF to the Cowboys. Then trying to walk out on the club he’s the captain of. A terrible Menulog commercial. That’ll be his legacy.

saintmar

Juniors
Flanagan declares Hunt will take Dragons to the finals.

You are deluded Mr Flanagan as Hunt has failed to do that in six seasons as a younger, fitter and hungrier man.
HE DOES NOT POSSESS THE REQUIRED BALL SKILLS. THIS CLUBS MOST LOYAL SUPPORTERS DONT WANT HIM AS CAPTAIN.
Hope you read LU Mr Flanagan.
Mr Flanagan lost me when he failed to let him go on his initial request.
We had a golden opportunity to reverse the ridiculous decision to re-sign this salary cap muncher and finally start rebalancing the roster.
Hunt has given us six years of RUBBISH and worse thwarted the development of the juniors.
Then Mr Flanagan allows our best talent to leave to keep this clown who continually makes it clear he does not want to be here.
Sorry guys but for me the buck stops with Flano's decision making and right now we are the laughing stock of the league.

saints4ever

First Grade
Mr Flanagan lost me when he failed to let him go on his initial request.
We had a golden opportunity to reverse the ridiculous decision to re-sign this salary cap muncher and finally start rebalancing the roster.
Hunt has given us six years of RUBBISH and worse thwarted the development of the juniors.
Then Mr Flanagan allows our best talent to leave to keep this clown who continually makes it clear he does not want to be here.
Sorry guys but for me the buck stops with Flano's decision making and right now we are the laughing stock of the league.
Right now? Um. Where have you been the last... I dunno... 10 years?

Illusion

Bench

The guy's a leech , he will suck what ever he can get from any team he plays for , can't believe that Flanno still wants him as captain ..... That's a great message he is sending to the other players ...... Should have been stripped of it the moment he wanted out ...... Anyway that one's on Flanno ........

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench

Totally agree TruSaint, I cant wait for Hunt's lap of honour when he finally leaves, I think it will be somewhat embarrassing, mind you he has brought this on himself, especially as a captain.

MKCS

Juniors
It's a tough one but ultimately if a player doesn't want to play for the club it is best that you simply let him go. The Dragons should let him go, clear up the cap space an undergo a rebuild year next season and aim to do big things in 2025 - 2026.

End of 2024 isn't looking that amazing for star players but with Hunt gone and existing cap space the Dragons could potentially sign Luai from Panthers, Arrow from Souths and Bradman Best from the Knights which would do quite a bit for them.

getsmarty

Immortal
Its interesting James Graham suggested this:

“Ben’s been made some promises which weren’t upheld"

I was listening to him on Triple M yesterday, pretty much indicated that ----- is a bald faced liar and has done it on multiple occasions. Wouldn't elaborate, but you get the gist. Just simply said, he doesn't think of much of him.

And here lies the problem. James Graham was a senior member of the club as is Ben Hunt. If there is genuine distrust between board members and the senior playing group, you get the debacle we are currently in now. Ryles likely saw this and said no thanks, who can blame him right?

Hunt clearly no longer cares about the club, but how has it come to this. Who or what causes the distrust that our last 3 club captains and have pissed off, and respected former players like James Graham and Matt Cooper say all sorts of negative things.

Gven the Board is still around, I really don't know how Flano changes things?

Thanks @giboz71

BLM01

First Grade
Totally agree TruSaint, I cant wait for Hunt's lap of honour when he finally leaves, I think it will be somewhat embarrassing, mind you he has brought this on himself, especially as a captain.
The lap of honour will be done in a helicopter with security guards at the ground

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade

I was listening to him on Triple M yesterday, pretty much indicated that ----- is a bald faced liar and has done it on multiple occasions. Wouldn't elaborate, but you get the gist. Just simply said, he doesn't think of much of him.

And here lies the problem. James Graham was a senior member of the club as is Ben Hunt. If there is genuine distrust between board members and the senior playing group, you get the debacle we are currently in now. Ryles likely saw this and said no thanks, who can blame him right?

Hunt clearly no longer cares about the club, but how has it come to this. Who or what causes the distrust that our last 3 club captains and have pissed off, and respected former players like James Graham and Matt Cooper say all sorts of negative things.

Thanks @giboz71

Yes heard the same interview and JG has also been burnt by Doust but naturally would not elaborate
I said on another thread you could not rely on Doust to even lie straight in a coffin
I had first hand experience of this 10 yrs ago when our CRL club approached him and Chinless for some players to come and help with training or run a session or 2.

Thanks @giboz71

Thanks @getsmarty, you just poked the bear when I had almost calmed down 😊

I have no doubt that (C)hunt was made promises that were not kept.
What irks me is the dates of the ‘broken promises’.

I reckon %100 all broken promises predated re-signing and Griffin’s demise, excepting the actual shafting. Yet (C)hunt signed a 2 Year contract extension, without the requested Griffin clause, on more money than he could of got anywhere else.

At the time, blind Freddy could see that Griffin was already a bona fide “member of the undead”. If he believed anyone claiming, ‘Griffin was safe’, then he also believes in Santa.

So all this ‘bullshit’ is actually pre-planned revenge on the Dragons for hooking Hook.

Is it just me?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He can whinge all he likes but he signed an extension in Oct and wanted a release 8 months later. The only promise I reckon that was broken is Hook being sacked before the end on the season. Apart from that what else could they Saints have done so badly in 8 months that were not done the years before when all his mates where causing chaos.

As soon as Hunt was seen having his "secret coffee" with Gus, all Qld teams jumped on and the rot started. I did not hear any tapping up form Qld until then.

possm

Coach
He’s contracted- he stays
If he puts in a limp effort - all season
He must be held accountable not only to us
But to the NRL and to the players union.
St. George should be reimbursed and Hunt made to retire- in disgrace.
That would all be an uphill battle. I think it best that we make known that he is going to be our hooker and so, he may agree to leave without compensation.

If this happens and Bird, Burns, and a few others move on, there should be enough cap to recruit a new font row.

He’s contracted- he stays
If he puts in a limp effort - all season
He must be held accountable not only to us
But to the NRL and to the players union.
St. George should be reimbursed and Hunt made to retire- in disgrace.
If C.Hunt doesn’t try or plays poorly, he should be dropped to KOE and left there till either his attitude changes or he retires.

I am so sick and tired of muppets orchestrating their way out of contracts. Spend the money and make him suffer playing park footy.

Play him in the forwards. He either swims or sinks.

Either way it’s time the club took a strong stance and made an example of him.

Latest posts