What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maestro1

Bench
Harry Grant is a sure thing for QLD.. I think as the years roll on, the qld selectors are more and more confident in him doing big minutes... whether Hunt is on the bench... I think it depends on Ponga's fitness...

That said any injuries and Hunt is getting the call-up, but its not the 100% selection it used to be, or perhaps this ends up being his final year.. we shall see.. I reckon they would still like his experience in camp regardless..
Hunt has been one of QLDs best every season. If his form holds, he will be selected.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dogs wanted Hunt, Saints picked up Flanno Jnr and RFM. Hunt Stays and enjoys life again playing with Dogs rejects. I am sure Flanno Jnr and Raymond will be telling Hunt he dodged a huge bullet.

If Dogs struggle in 2024 with all these recruits, they will try and offload again and try and poach players. This time I think players will think twice before going as the grass is not greener in Belmore as I am sure they are being promised that.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dogs wanted Hunt, Saints picked up Flanno Jnr and RFM. Hunt Stays and enjoys life again playing with Dogs rejects. I am sure Flanno Jnr and Raymond will be telling Hunt he dodged a huge bullet.

If Dogs struggle in 2024 with all these recruits, they will try and offload again and try and poach players. This time I think players will think twice before going as the grass is not greener in Belmore as I am sure they are being promised that.
I think that the players shafted by the Dogs and playing elsewhere will be feeling that the likes of Gould and Ciraldo did the right thing by them and are now happier away from that club. While the Dogs have recruited some marquees like Chrichton, Burton, JAC and Kikau, the other signings that they splurged on in quantity, except for maybe Connor Tracey, are basically rejects.

As you say Slippery, if the Dogs fail again this year (with these recruits), which I am hoping to happen, then any future players being chased by the Dogs will think long and hard as to whether or not they should sign up. If I was a player, I wouldn't go near them but I am totally biased.

I visited the kennel a month or so ago, they fairly blame Gus and Ciraldo for all of their woes and misfortunes.

I wonder for how long their rank and file are going to put up with misfiring marquee?

Their leaders might be promising a day when it all clicks or something like that. Then the expectation that it stays in gear thereafter and …it rarely does.

And was it last year, I think they recruited but had to offload, when most of the game can’t get to square one.

And the rumours Gus and Ciraldo aren’t as close as they used to be.

Im not knocking them, it is what it is.

Man there is a lot of assumptions about teams having good or bad years after 1 game, lets just enjoy these early good vibes fellas! Its been a long time since we've felt anything like it.... some sort of optimism..
A high tide raises all boats, I think that’s what we are seeing from you guys aren’t we?

A long way to go, but where else would you want be now?!

And to be honest, I hope no Dragons get picked for SOO. Let others bash themselves silly for three games and we quietly go about our business toward the finals.
Yep.

I got out to WT club day on the weekend with a mate and the women players were very upbeat and chatty.

I asked one of them about recovery and she said standard game no injury, 2-3 days to get the body back to “normal.”

She said the guys recover more quickly, 1-2 days, but everyone is different.

They train together, the guys and girls which I didn’t know.

Nanadragon

Juniors
Yep.

I got out to WT club day on the weekend with a mate and the women players were very upbeat and chatty.

I asked one of them about recovery and she said standard game no injury, 2-3 days to get the body back to “normal.”

Why is that relevant to a Dragons forum?

Why is that relevant to a Dragons forum?
The comment was made to support the submission that the less exposure your players have to physical dangers of rep footy, the better it is for them.

Then I shared my personal experience from talking to WT women on Saturday about the more ordinary recovery time, which it seems players experience without the additional dangers and impact of rep footy.

And I think that the wt and SGI mens sides would have similar recovery times.

Given the higher speed and levels of impact in SOO, one would expect the recovery period to be longer.

When players are recovering, to sme extent, they are under a physical encumbrance.

My post was also consistent with the general furthering of the understanding of the game from SGI folk, plus it is contemporary and 100% current and not necessarily found on mainstream media.

That’s why I thought it was relevant, plus I was replying, not posting on a new topic.

Backing @Dragons4me with practical evidence, his remark was funny but in context, a really good one.

Last edited:
Maybe as well, as time goes on, in my mind, the lustre of SOO isn’t as bright.

To me, while it has its historical place, it’s become a bit more of an exhibition.

We don’t get to see the best players, because our islander neighbours are simply producing too many elite. Amazing athletes. Punching well above their weight population wise.

This was an observation made by Gus a few years ago, one of the few things I stand by him on.

So everyone is getting smashed and injured for an older idea of the game.

I’d rather see Samoa play than Queensland or New South Wales tbh.

We didn’t have all this shimmering islander talent available when Soo started.

blue bags

First Grade
Yep.

And the guys and girls get together 😹
Later after training

😍

Goulie bulldog's has already got the 2026 contract ready for Ben 😊
Wait for the photo of Gus, Ben and Wayne Bennett in dogs gear to be leaked shortly.

And Gus deflecting the blame onto the leaker instead of his slimy, hypocritical dodgy ways.

Like Richo taking us over and his first major and most pressing issue to resolve was the tenure of gear steward. I couldn’t believe it.

Last edited:

Latest posts