What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt - How many weeks?

How many weeks for Hunt?

• Total voters

Moffo

Referee
Lets take a guess

Some of the posts on the SMH this morning are ridiculous, the site is in meltdown. It really is creating some talk this morning around the country with photos like this

http://blogs.smh.com.au/sinbin/archives/2008/03/tackling_the_huntanasta_incide.html#comments

lf_braithanasta.jpg

0,5001,5948665,00.jpg

Cheers,
Moffo

petetheileet

First Grade
I really dont think he should get any...Braith was falling clearly and Hunt was just bracing himself for big contact

Choppies

Coach
He should be rubbed out of the game for a total of zero weeks. There was nothing in it. A penalty is all it deserved........just.

Garts

Bench
1 to 2 weeks, only as I have seen others suspended when players have fallen into tackles.

Actually what am I saying, as if the NRL will be consistant he will probably get 0 which is fair.

JW

Coach
Should get none but will probably get a week, saved by his clean record.

If Anasta didn't slip, it would've been a ripper of a shot and this discussion wouldn't be taking place.

However, whether its accidental or not (quite clearly it was accidental, in fact it was in no way Hunt's fault at all) unfortunately for Hunt the rules state that contact with the head warrants a penalty. Just like an accidental head high if a player is falling and the defender is set at taking aim at the guts or the ball/chest. Penalty sufficient, play on. No further action required.

And that's how it should pan out with Hunt.

If he is charged and suspended it will be a disgrace IMO, plain and simple. The MRC has an historically reactionary nature to beat-ups like this though, so a lengthy suspension is not only not out of the question, but probably odds on favourite.

salivor

First Grade
Ryan was let off last year when Ryles' face feel into his forearm so hopefully he won't spend much if any time on the sideline. I think ultimately the NRL will be pressured into giving him 1 or 2 weeks on the sideline.

haven't seen it yet, but if it looks like what I've read this morning, given the media beat-up about shoulder charges gone wrong over the last week or so, his timing couldn't have been much worse

melon....

Coach
Choppies said:
He should be rubbed out of the game for a total of zero weeks. There was nothing in it. A penalty is all it deserved........just.
he should get what Morley got for shouldering the head of that Souffs idiot...the souffs idiot was falling too and Morley copped weeks.

Hunt deserves 2...for the stupid smirk alone.

Why is every idiot on these forums so one eyed? You wanted Riley Brown rubbed out for a legal hit yet "Paging Mike" should get none for an illegal hit where a precendent was already set with Morley? He'll get 2 weeks.

scuzzi

Juniors
shouldn't have even been a penalty, hunt cant help it if anasta fell into the tackle. "sh*t Happens" defence should apply here.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
none, i dont think he intentially targetted his head, Anasta slipped in2 it. hopefully Hunts record will get him out of trouble.

but as mentioned earlier it couldnt of come at a worse time imagine the headlines this week about banning shoulder charges.....

Karmawave

Bench
All attention like this is going to do is lead the NRL to ban shoulder charges altogether.

And then we'll have a game like rugby yawnion.

found it online - not much in it really. Maybe 1 for a careless high tackle, but certainly wasn't reckless or in the high end of careless. Anasta contributed by falling just before the hit. Very much like the Ryan/Ryles high shot last year IMO.

Latest posts