What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt - How many weeks?

How many weeks for Hunt?

• Total voters

ozzie

Bench
Ricki Stewart I know he is a good coach but being an official of the Roosters I doubt it. Bruno your showing your ignorance. I love the fact that it was all Anasta's fault.

taipan

Referee
salivor said:
I don't think you have the first clue what a shoulder charge is let along how it is performed. You'll see about 50 shoulder charges exactly the same as Hunts every weekend. His elbow wasn't cocked, it was against his torso, I don't know where else you would like him to put it, rapped around his back or maybe you'd like him to amputate it? I don't even know where the elbow or forearm comes into this, Anasta hit his bicep, you've been shown the pic several times yet seem incapable of seeing what is right in front of you.

As for the crap about a front on tackle, your point is? Hunt chose to go for a shoulder charge and would've pulled it off if Anasta hadn't slipped and given him no time to react. Now you're trying to criticise him for trying to perform a legal tackle technique? I've heard it all now.

I know what a shoulder charge is and I know when it is badly performed.I also know when an elbow is cocked or half cocked.I also watched the game and repeats of the game.
If you are not an expert on shoulder charges or perform them infrequently(there is a fine line for error) ,suggest don't try em.Its not hard.Legal tackle technique brilliant!,suggest you have a few words with Johnny Lang or J Raper.

salivor

First Grade
taipan said:
I know what a shoulder charge is and I know when it is badly performed.I also know when an elbow is cocked or half cocked.I also watched the game and repeats of the game.
If you are not an expert on shoulder charges or perform them infrequently(there is a fine line for error) ,suggest don't try em.Its not hard.Legal tackle technique brilliant!,suggest you have a few words with Johnny Lang or J Raper.

Well obviously you don't as you've been provided with clear visual evidence and are still talking out of your arse.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Danish said:
AnastaHit.jpg

Here is a sequence of the hit I put together.

1) Anasta still on his feet. Hunt starting his shoulder charge. Notice his should already at neck/chin height.

2) moment of impact. If you look at the little kid behind in the stands just above anasta's head in this shot, then compare it to the first one, you can see his head dropped all all of a few inches at this point. You can also get an idea of how far he fell by looking at how far his knee is off the ground in the first shot compare to the 2nd one.

3) A split second later, with the hit already following through and Anasta bending backwards. Only now his knee is actually making full contact with the ground.

Hunt launched himself into a shoulder tackle that in all likelihood would have collected Anasta high regardless of if he fell or not. He is looking away, sure, but his actions were at best careless, and at worst reckless.

A grade 1 reckless is probably what he will get, or a a very high careless grading.

3-4 weeks IMO

You do realise that the kid sitting on the fence is probably about 50m away, and not right behind them don't you? Using that as a reference point for the height line-up is really quite stupid.

So you think that Anasta going from on his feet, to down on one knee won't make much difference to where he would be hit?

Wake up and smell the bias. Hang on, isn't this just football to you?

So in your opinion Riley Brown is to be congratulated for a hard hit, and anyone who has an issue with it is gay and wants to turn the game into Union, but Hunt should go for 3-4 weeks for accidental high contact that he could not have avoided because Anasta can't hold a football and stay on his feet?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Geohood said:
All he's saying is he thinks Hunt would of hit Anasta's head anyway.

But the logic he's using to support that argument is false. Using a marker for height reference that is at very least 30m away from the object to be marked is ridiculous. The photos clearly show that had Anasta remained on his feet, the contact would have been shoulder to shoulder. The simple fact that their shoulders are already aligned when Anasta is only starting to fall proves this.