What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt - How many weeks?

How many weeks for Hunt?

• Total voters

salivor

First Grade
ozzie said:
I think and voted for 3-5 weeks but for only one reason. The judicary have to set an example this year. A tackle gone wrong but, I think, the word deliberate can't be used but it won't matter. If I was really mean - Id send him to a blackboard and write I shouldn't use my shoulder and forearm in a tackle 200 hundred times. Should be 1 week at the most but again the judiciary will want to be seen doing there job and justify their existance that's why I went for 3-5 weeks. We can fight forever over it but we can't change their mind

People keep bringing this up along with the elbow but the moment of impact has already been shown:
26509867ic4.jpg

Anasta's face is clearly hitting his bicep. So where is the forearm and elbow in any of this? Again people have claimed that he had his elbow cocked, this image clearly shows that to be bullsh*t. It was just a regulation shoulder charge that went wrong due to Anasta slipping.

salivor

First Grade
Jimmy said:
Our coach and the victim were reported as saying they had no problem with the hit. Anasta then is said to have remarked " He did not miss me. "

I don't know if he was taken out of context on the night but he's certainly made his views clear since:
"I've watched the replay and I slipped in it. I was off- balance and he just got me with a good shot," Anasta said. "It wasn't intentional, you can tell.

"That's footy. It's a physical sport and these things happen. If you sit back and complain, you shouldn't be playing. Simple as that. I'll help him out if he needs me to."
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006066,00.html

Mr Saab

Referee
Ozzie...another Stevie Wonder!
Its really is amazing what people see in this world.. (dont see)

Mr Saab

Referee
ozzie said:
and what got up your nose besides snot

Your inability to see clear evidence that no forearm was used.
Hunts arm was basically stuck to his side. The way Anasta was falling Hunt could have performed a standard "arms" tackle and he still would have clocked him in the head.
Hunt was in a no win situation.

taipan

Referee
Although Anasta was falling,Hunt's arm was semi cocked and it was a reckless shot to the head.3 weeks IMO.You have to protect the head,it has been made loud and clear this year.
No shoulders to unprotected backs or heads in tackles.look at Crocker's shocker against Stewart in the Grand final p*ss weak.
A one on one shoulder charge is allowed in the NRL only.the NRL to spell it out loud to the media that shoulder charges are outlawed for juniors,the message apparently has not been heard by many of the public.

salivor

First Grade
And here we have another poster claiming his arm was cocked despite having a big f**k off picture proving this to be incorrect posted just 5 posts above his/hers.

Karmawave

Bench
He surely has to get ZERO weeks.

If he is even charged, with Anasta saying he will come out to support Hunt at the judiciary - its a moot point isn't it?

If a victim in court says the defendant isn't guilty, they throw out the charge yeah?

Same will apply here this week obviously.

Brycey

Juniors
I think what has gone unnoticed is what actually happened after the shot, Carroll came straight in to see the welfare of Anasta rather than being a dick like Sims and carrying on, good stuff.

Brycey

Juniors
Karmawave said:
If a victim in court says the defendant isn't guilty, they throw out the charge yeah?

Same will apply here this week obviously.
No, they don't. Thats why it is Regina v the accused, not the victim against the accused.

Mr Saab

Referee
Brycey said:
I think what has gone unnoticed is what actually happened after the shot, Carroll came straight in to see the welfare of Anasta rather than being a dick like Sims and carrying on, good stuff.

Thats part and parcel with league sometimes. Did you have a problem with Anasta clapping and cheering the moment Wing was smashed last week?
Personally i didnt.

Mr Saab

Referee
Brycey said:
Very true Mr Saab, I'll have to take off my red, white and blue glasses for this one.

What goes around comes around....but at least Anasta and Fittler have not whinged about it (unlike some...we know who).
I am becoming more and more impressed with Fittler as a coach in terms of his comments.
There is no bullsh*t with him....he sees it as it is and doesnt try and spin doctor.

Razor

Coach

No they don't. Sometimes they are because of insufficient evidence without the victims testimony, but if there is video evidence of a guy smashing you in the face, and you say on the stand that he didn't do it, then he'll still be convicted .

ozzie

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Your inability to see clear evidence that no forearm was used.
Hunts arm was basically stuck to his side. The way Anasta was falling Hunt could have performed a standard "arms" tackle and he still would have clocked him in the head.
Hunt was in a no win situation.
and irrespective what he got hit with I really think it was a nothing tackle did you see what I reckon that he should get 1 week. But again I will say it - he may get 3-5 weeks because the judiciary need to justify their existance - before you jump up and act like an idiot just think what was said - I said it was a nothing tackle - so if I need glasses then it must have been worse than what it looked...

Brycey

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
What goes around comes around....but at least Anasta and Fittler have not whinged about it (unlike some...we know who).
I am becoming more and more impressed with Fittler as a coach in terms of his comments.
There is no bullsh*t with him....he sees it as it is and doesnt try and spin doctor.
Also his comments show that he has more concern regarding the overall product and quality of our game instead of poor decisions against his team.

Comments about the new video ref rule and how it is turning this game into union shows genuine concern for the game, rather than just having a whinge at a decision on the field then going to the media and discouraging people not to play the game because you didnt get the result that you wanted.

Mr Saab

Referee
ozzie said:
and irrespective what he got hit with I really think it was a nothing tackle did you see what I reckon that he should get 1 week. But again I will say it - he may get 3-5 weeks because the judiciary need to justify their existance - before you jump up and act like an idiot just think what was said - I said it was a nothing tackle - so if I need glasses then it must have been worse than what it looked...

Then why would you say "I must not use my shoulder and FOREARM" when there is no use of the forearm. It was a league accident and he will get ZERO weeks.

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
No they don't. Sometimes they are because of insufficient evidence without the victims testimony, but if there is video evidence of a guy smashing you in the face, and you say on the stand that he didn't do it, then he'll still be convicted .

Thankyou Dennis Denuto....now go and fix the F3 problem in the photocopier

Latest posts