What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt or McCullough?

Big Pete

Referee

And I used to look up to you. :p

Ben Hunt is too raw for halfback at this stage and I feel it'd do more harm than good for the Broncos. It would be better to persist with Wallace and allow Hunt to develop at his own pace.

Besides, the only player I'd consider replacing Wallace would be Norman but I think he's caught whatever virus is plaguing the Under 20's.

Andrew McCullough is nothing like John Morris.

screeder

Juniors
Lockyno1 you're absolutely back in form

First Macca never passes the ball and now he's never won a game:shock:

Steve_oneskie

Juniors

Tomato, but seriously i read it in the paper on Sunday morning, Apparently their CEO Osbourne i think it is, wants kimorley for next season on a one year contract and then he wants to get Wallace. I can't find the actual article but i defiantly remember it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lockyno1 you're absolutely back in form

First Macca never passes the ball and now he's never won a game:shock:

McCoullough didn't win the match with a match winning play did he. He is a spud, average. Would rather us punt him to the QLD cup. We let go of Nathan Friend to keep him..dear oh me.

Yeah I am back.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Friend played one game for the broncos in 2002 and was released the same year to go to the storm i'd hardly say we let go of Friend so we could make a play at Macca who at that time would have been about 14.

Big Pete

Referee
McCoullough didn't win the match with a match winning play did he. He is a spud, average. Would rather us punt him to the QLD cup. We let go of Nathan Friend to keep him..dear oh me.

Yeah I am back.

Relevance?

McCullough and J. Morris aren't even the same style of hooker. McCullough is a quasi playmaker in the Smith/Ballin mould while J. Morris is your traditional ball dispensing dummy half.

So a 12 year old five eigth forced Friend out of the Broncos?

Mr Saab

Referee
I am not saying to get rid of him, but i dont see what position he will be suited to in 2-3 yrs time. I dont think he has it in the halves thus far.

Big Pete

Referee
I see a lot of Cooper Cronk in him.

It took Cronk a long time to develop as a first grade halfback and the way Bellamy went about solving it was by sending him on as a dummy half to get used to the pace of the game without the playmaking responsibilities.

But yeah, as of right now I wouldn't be so cocky about him potentially replacing Wallace.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Relevance?

McCullough and J. Morris aren't even the same style of hooker. McCullough is a quasi playmaker in the Smith/Ballin mould while J. Morris is your traditional ball dispensing dummy half.

So a 12 year old five eigth forced Friend out of the Broncos?

We should never have let go of Friend, end of story. McCullough is rubbish. Lol at him being like Balin/Smith:lol:

Big Pete

Referee
How is that relevant to McCullough?

And in hindsight that comment may look justified but are you even aware of the decision in the context of when it was made?

The club had signed the ever reliable Richard Swain.
They had Phil Lee, Barry Berrigan and the promising Michael Ryan to cover.
Then there was a schoolboy by the name of Matty Ballin coming through the ranks.

How could they predict in that environment by 2009 Nathan Friend would become a dangerous hooker?

McCullough plays like a five eigth out at hooker, just like Ballin and Smith. The amount of times commentators and journalists have made the comparison is astounding so I am not alone in my assessment.

I believe he is our best long term option and if you need a reminder of what he's capable of just watch his play in the Round 1 clash against the Cowboys before he suffered that injury.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Macca has only recently come back from an injury, while injured he saw Ben hunt play extremely well, his problem at the moment is that he is trying to overplay his hand and in my opinion thats his problem at the moment. Once he relaxes and gets back into a rhythm he should be able to regain his form of earlier in the season.