What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt or McCullough?

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
maybe so but i still think based on current form Hunt deserves a starting spot. and i am a supporter of McCullough but he just seems to be dwelling on the ball to long. Give hunt the starting spot next week and see how it goes for the first thirty minutes then bring on McCullough and have hunt brought back on for the last 15 minutes or so to inject some much needed creativity around the ruck with tired forwards.

MightyBronco

Juniors
I've been watching McCullough closely the last few weeks and have come to the conclusion he is terrible. No offense, no defense. Slow as f**k. No redeeming quality other that he is a 'toiler'. This is the Broncos - we expect more than that.

He needs to be dumped NOW so he isnt an even bigger handicap come play-offs. We have a chance to win this year, but we need a better hooker.

Oh we have one in Hunt. We should use Glen as his backup.

Next game keep a close eye on McCullough. I'm right when i say hes total sh*t. Watch him close.

Ghoulies

Bench
I've been watching McCullough closely the last few weeks and have come to the conclusion he is terrible. No offense, no defense. Slow as f**k. No redeeming quality other that he is a 'toiler'. This is the Broncos - we expect more than that.

He needs to be dumped NOW so he isnt an even bigger handicap come play-offs. We have a chance to win this year, but we need a better hooker.

Next game keep a close eye on McCullough. I'm right when i say hes total sh*t. Watch him close.
haha, let's not pretend you're the only one watching the games closely here. We all know McCullough hasn't been good. Though most of us don't resort to hyperbole, or in the case of your 'no defence' comment, total bullcrap, in order to express this view.

McCullough showed toward the end of last year that he has the potential to be a very good first grade hooker, but much like Wallace, he's in a form slump. With Hunt playing quite well off the bench, it's a reasonable option to swap him with Macca, or just drop Macca back to QCup to regain some form.

But really it's no wonder that smug pricks like Seagulls come in and label Broncos fans fickle when the moment a player hits a lowpoint in their career, we paint them with the "total sh*t" brush.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I disagree. He isn't playing to his best potential but I really don't think he is playing as bad as a lot of people are making out.

Yes he has potential but you must have Broncos tinted glasses if you can't see he is playing bad atm. Just think he needs some time in the QLD cup like other guys such as Sims, Anderson, Setu and Kemp.

Would you say that Sims and Anderson were playing worse than McCullough, no!

Steve_oneskie

Juniors

41 tackles 1 missed tackle i'd say that is pretty good defense

MightyBronco

Juniors
Meh i dont look at tackle counts to decide if a player is a good defender. So what if he can grab on to a jersey and go for a ride until a real tackler comes along and tackles the ball carrier. And do that 41 times. He has no sting whatsoever.

Complete dud. Worst player to play for the Broncs in 23 years.

cornerposter

Juniors

Massive sledge, but a bit harsh. As others have said, he's got some work to do on his game. Maybe Qld Cup is the place for him to do it or maybe Ivan can simply try to polish his technique as the season progresses. The Hunt/Macca rotation has proven effective so far.

Would anyone else love to see Wallace play hooker?

DeeJ

Bench
I think McCullough still has that pectoral injury which would definitely affect his attacking game. I wouldn't be surprised if he is waiting till off season to have it fixed.

His defence is still outstanding though.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Meh i dont look at tackle counts to decide if a player is a good defender. So what if he can grab on to a jersey and go for a ride until a real tackler comes along and tackles the ball carrier. And do that 41 times. He has no sting whatsoever.

Complete dud. Worst player to play for the Broncs in 23 years.

so is Micheal Luck a bad defender then. He makes 50 + tackles a game and there all tackles that are around the legs with no real sting thats the way Andrew tackles as well so right now i think your only bagging him because you need to find someone to bag about their form every player has rough patches but they get over them and usually become better players because of it. Give him time but like i siad he needs some time in Qld Cup to regain his confidence.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I don't see why we need one at the moment. The team is playing pretty well at the right time of the season . Andrew is just struggling with his form at the moment and will get over this slump maybe give him a spot on the bench or a week or 2 in QLDCup.

MightyBronco

Juniors
QLD cup not good enough. He needs to have his contract torn up and given the boot. The broncs should dodge up some fake story about him getting blind and punching out some cops or something. If that doesnt work maybe someone needs to smash his knees with an iron bar for an hour or so, to make sure he can never come back to the Broncs.

Some may call that going over the top and getting carried away....however....

AuDragon

Juniors
QLD cup not good enough. He needs to have his contract torn up and given the boot. The broncs should dodge up some fake story about him getting blind and punching out some cops or something. If that doesnt work maybe someone needs to smash his knees with an iron bar for an hour or so, to make sure he can never come back to the Broncs.

Some may think that you should never be allowed near a keyboard and your mouth should be sewn up... however...

johns_reds

First Grade

Sounds like he slept with your wife or something after the last 5 or 6 posts i've read from you in this thread.

The guy isn't that bad, i don't think he has done anything that has warranted being dropped. in my opinion he is playing alright.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
i was just thinking that this last game. he would have the defense for it, and provide us with kick out of dummy half options. Hunt to halfback then?

I'd keep it the way it is atm, we're winning why change things. But if Wallace was to go to hooker I'd play Norman at halfback before Hunt.

MightyBronco

Juniors
I show little mercy to the unworthy!

Soon you guys too will all be bedazzled by McCullough's ineptitude!

But yeah, lets see how he goes for the next 3 games........

Lycon79

Juniors

You sir are a complete wanka, a true hero.

Last edited: