What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt or McCullough?

Mr Saab

Referee
Pete, forget Locky...he is a Daniel Fitzhenry (translate that anyway you want, but there is only one way).
He has been a complete f**king deadsh*t ever since he joined this place. He has the brain of a goldfish.

Packy

Bench
As on opposition fan I do feel more concerned when I see Hunt on the field. At the same time my eyes would light up if Hunt were to start at Hooker.

You probably have a good balance with these guys at the moment. Don't look to brush one imo.

screeder

Juniors
We should never have let go of Friend, end of story. McCullough is rubbish. Lol at him being like Balin/Smith:lol:

Macca will be a better 9 than Friend in time. It has taken Friend a seeming lifetime to get to where he is. Macca will surpass him within a few years. I'm not saying their styles are in any way similar, just that Macca will be the superior hooker.

lockyno1

Post Whore
No he won't. If Macca is hooker we won't win a premiership, he is absolute dogs balls. Slow service, poor passing. It is no wonder our outside backs see no ball with Macca on the field!

AuDragon

Juniors
No he won't. If Macca is hooker we won't win a premiership, he is absolute dogs balls. Slow service, poor passing. It is no wonder our outside backs see no ball with Macca on the field!
This is encouraging for Macca.
Your track record of absolute bs all but guarantees success for him now! :lol:

Broncos93

Juniors
This is encouraging for Macca.
Your track record of absolute bs all but guarantees success for him now! :lol:

Haha too true!

I'm sorry to piss on your bonfire locky, but the hooker hasn't got sh*t to do with the outside backs getting the ball. Being a fellow rake myself, I can promise you that ;).

Sure you can argue that an NRL hooker has more influence than myself in one of my petty U/17's games, but I don't think a second year young player is going to be having any command over Lockyer or former NSW halfback Wallace :lol:

He'd do as he's told by those two, and little more that would influence the amount of ball that the outside backs get.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Haha too true!

I'm sorry to piss on your bonfire locky, but the hooker hasn't got sh*t to do with the outside backs getting the ball. Being a fellow rake myself, I can promise you that ;).

Sure you can argue that an NRL hooker has more influence than myself in one of my petty U/17's games, but I don't think a second year young player is going to be having any command over Lockyer or former NSW halfback Wallace :lol:

He'd do as he's told by those two, and little more that would influence the amount of ball that the outside backs get.

Actually he does- quick ball means Lockyer and Wallace have more time to put plays on. Time and time again Macca takes too long to pass the damn ball and as a result Locyer doesn't have the time to put the outside backs through holes. Look at Balin for instance- quick service ensures Williams and Robertson get quick, clean ball. He has to be able to pass quickly, something he is terrible at. We need to buy a hooker.

screeder

Juniors
No way should we hit the panic button regarding the hooker position. There's 2 young guys showing good potential and some experience around them.

Broncos93

Juniors
I'm beginning to think Lockyno1 that you are just one of those teenage kids going through phases of wanting to be "indie" or "alternative". Let's be contrary to everyone elses opinions (no matter how educated they are) just so people look at me and I get attention!

Why the hell would we need to buy a hooker? What hooker on the market could do a better job than the McCullough/Hunt partnership we have now?

Smiley

Bench
There is room for both in the team. Who starts??? I don't know.

Macca very strong defensively but Hunt isn't far behind.

Hunt gives better service, McCullough last year his service was excellent but currently he's a bit like George Gregan. Too slow with his distribution, his dummies and double pumps ruin our momentum from quick play the balls.

Hunt is best at the end of the half because the forwards are tired and he can use his pace and creativity.

AuDragon

Juniors
there is room for both in the team. Who starts??? I don't know.

Macca very strong defensively but hunt isn't far behind.

Hunt gives better service, mccullough last year his service was excellent but currently he's a bit like george gregan. Too slow with his distribution, his dummies and double pumps ruin our momentum from quick play the balls.

Hunt is best at the end of the half because the forwards are tired and he can use his pace and creativity.
^^^^ this ^^^^

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Hed just run the whole time.

But after last night you would have to go with hunt. I still think Andrew has a bright future ahead of him. But at the moment maybe a week or two in QCup will do him some good get some of his confidence back.

screeder

Juniors
Yeah Macca is officially out of form. I'm still in his camp because he's the future long term 9. If we drop him for a couple weeks who do we interchange with Hunt? He's not robust enough to be a 80 min hooker in NRL at this stage. Maybe Glen?