What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyundai A-League 2009-10 :: Round 26

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Round 26 to be completed tonight with the postponed Coast Scum-Mighty Jets game taking place at Bluetongue from 7.30.

roboshark

Coach
What an embarresment of a team. How they are in the six makes a mokery of the comp. Some players have simply no heart and don't deserve to be in the a league

Bicey_18

Bench
Why do they persist with Kennedy? How many goals has that imposter conceded in the past few games? 8 in 3 weeks? Thats pathetic..

Culina knows he sucks, Jets fans know he sucks... so why keep picking him??

At least with Young, they were actually winning games...

Dutchy

Immortal
Ok, now we should be safe.

Bloody supporting Mariners is frustrating. 2nd best defense in the league. Show glimpses of awesome attack, but usually cant kick that round thing into the net.

roboshark

Coach
Besides their incompetance they are paying the price for not signing players for injuries like every other team. Jets management have no desire for the club to be successful....the team are a hobbie and plaything for con and his amateurish 'management'. Some players just aren't good enough and the ones that are good enough don't put in, and a lot of them have dogged it in recent weeks

Kennedy...f**k he wouldn't make my sons u 14 team

fish eel

Immortal
Besides their incompetance they are paying the price for not signing players for injuries like every other team. Jets management have no desire for the club to be successful....the team are a hobbie and plaything for con and his amateurish 'management'. Some players just aren't good enough and the ones that are good enough don't put in, and a lot of them have dogged it in recent weeks

Kennedy...f**k he wouldn't make my sons u 14 team

at the end of the day, the jets have enough fire power in the front third to be higher on the ladder.

Apey

Staff member
Jeez that second half was woeful. I thought they were going pretty well in the game until that second goal was scored.

roboshark

Coach
They can't score, the defence has leaked 43 goals in 25 games ( 2nd worst) and we don't sign anyone to replace our best midfielder

They are rubbish

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A brilliant way to end an otherwise disappointing season at home. While the old "play the ball back" tactics were frustrating again, there was a willingness to go forward only seen a few times in the past two years - which used to be the norm in Season 3. Brady Smith is a very good young talent and it will be good to see him get better. If we can hook Porter (will he ever score?) and keep him in we're set for next season... and Matty Simon putting in 100% all game, where did that come from?

There's always next year as they say but f**king stoked to not be getting the spoon and happy that we got the derby win at home.

Knightmare

Coach
More relieved than happy. No spoon for us, and a thrashing of the Scummers to see out the home season! :D

Misanthrope

Staff member
The worrying thing is that we've lost Thompson, we're going to lose Vignaroli, and we already lost Griffiths. I can't see Con forking out to sign the quality we need to fix a side that would already need a small miracle to be a genuine contender.

Hell, there are a few guys at the club now that aren't fit to be playing top tier football. We need to be scouting the state comps rather than just signing a guy with a previous A-League or NSL gig beside his name, and we need to be looking to fill gaps - not just sign guys because they're available. Seriously, our entire bench is attacking players because the club doesn't seem to know how to plan.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Do you guys honestly have no alternative to BK in goals?

He is the worst top grade keeper I've seen, and that's being nice.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Well, wasn't that embarrassing? Certainly not the most entertaining game of football I've ever seen with the Mariners playing boring defensive football by flooding back without the ball, but if it works, why not do it?

A few weeks ago I thought we were a genuine chance of doing some damage in the finals, but after last night's debacle, they may as well just get on the drink on the Gold Coast and fit a game of football in there somewhere ...

On the topic of Kennedy, we go on a four-game winning streak with Young in between the sticks and then he gets injured and we lose 5 of the next 6. Coincidence? I think not.

Knightmare

Coach
I would rather play GCU away than Wellington away. Get stuck into GCU and they have a weak underbelly. The only thing about watching the Scum vs GCU is I wouldn't really care who won. Just hope for heaps of injuries and red-cards!