What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am 100% i know who will win the NRL this year

mxlegend99

Referee
Raider Azz said:
In the second session the Titans dismantled a Penrith side which was brave in defence but dreadfully predicatable in attack, with Mat Rogers scoring his first rugby league try in five years and even big Luke Bailey crossing in the corner with five minutes to go.

Penrith coach Matthew Elliott, whose side was at almost full strength save the absence of Frank Pritchard, said there were "good signs" in his team's performance

-Daily Telegraph

Get used to it or it will be a looooong year :lol:
Get used to losing trials games? No worries. Only 2 per year anyway. :cool:

Raider_69 said:
azz beat me to the punch... loving it :lol:
elliott at his best!
And yet we haven't yet played a game? 2 trials is a bit hard to judge a team off. If it were enough, Broncos would be wooden spoon favourites. 46-0.

skeepe said:
Thief! :lol:

Honestly, all the signs are there. I'll be looking with great interest to see the brand new fifth tackle options and exciting red zone attacking plays that the Panthers have mastered. If they revolve around, oh I don't know, an inside ball here there and everywhere, or alternatively throwing the ball around like it's a hot potato but not making any inroads, I'll know exactly who's responsible.
The majority of the tries against us from the Titans came from handling errors or bad passes. The players fault, not the coaches fault.

It's funny how you guys are bagging Elliot out from 2003, where you guys cracked the top 4. Apparently if you guys don't win the Premiership, your coach is crap. :crazy:

skeepe

Immortal
mxlegend99 said:
The majority of the tries against us from the Titans came from handling errors or bad passes. The players fault, not the coaches fault.

I was referring to the, and I quote, "dreadfully predictable in attack" part.

It's funny how you guys are bagging Elliot out from 2003, where you guys cracked the top 4. Apparently if you guys don't win the Premiership, your coach is crap. :crazy:

You guys DID win the premiership, and you still thought your coach was crap. :crazy:

I know which one makes more sense to me.

pantherz9103

First Grade
skeepe said:
I was referring to the, and I quote, "dreadfully predictable in attack" part.

You guys DID win the premiership, and you still thought your coach was crap. :crazy:

I know which one makes more sense to me.

I have to disagree with you. He wasn't a problem in 2003-2004 when we were one of the heavyweights but he did not move with the times (too much bash and barge) much like Ricky Stuart and we all know what happens in those situations.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Raider Azz said:
skeepe put it best elsewhere, it's all from the Matthew Elliot coaching book.

Clock off in the second half, woefully predictable in attack, and then being happy despite a dreadful performance. Have fun Panthers :lol:

Has he worked out a "five year plan" for you guys yet too? :lol:

I would have gladly taken your 7th place finish last season instead of our crappy 12th ;-)

simon says

First Grade
I agree with the original poster fiddy.

This could be the year of the Raider.And why not with their vast juniors that have been producing stars like Matt Gaffa,Jason Bulgarelli and Royston Lightning.

How they havent won the comp in the last 15 odd years is beyond me.I blame the media,and the coaches.With players like these they should have had a dynasty.

This is their year.....all these great kids,Carney,Dobson,Campese,and more walking in the same path as Gaffa and co..........Carn Raiders,play those great kids you've got and win that comp.

eels_fan_01

Bench
mxlegend99 said:
What does it matter what it implies? That's just wishful and biased thinking from Raiders fans.

The fact is it doesn't state the Premiership or wooden spoon. But the wooden spoon is far more likely then the Premiership.

Even someone as dull as you could figure that out. ;-)

I agree with the other guy, your an idiot.

simon says said:

This could be the year of the Raider.And why not with their vast juniors that have been producing stars like Matt Gaffa,Jason Bulgarelli and Royston Lightning.

How they havent won the comp in the last 15 odd years is beyond me.I blame the media,and the coaches.With players like these they should have had a dynasty.

This is their year.....all these great kids,Carney,Dobson,Campese,and more walking in the same path as Gaffa and co..........Carn Raiders,play those great kids you've got and win that comp.

These kids we've got have got more chance of winning than the stars you've got....;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
dunno about that victor, lets not go nuts, let the tigers have their time in the sun (if benji stays fit they could be hard to beat this year... provided their forwards harden the f**k up), our time in right around the corner, and it begins this year.

simon says said:

Atleast we have good young fowards...Yours are all little piss ants

Tom Shines

First Grade
simon says said:

Nice bit of sarcasm mate.

jimmyo

Juniors
Weird about all you Elliot hating Raiders, I think most people would rate him among the best 3 coaches going around. I guess we'll see this year what he's made of.

RABK

Referee
If Alan Tongue stays fit then they're the darkhorse.

Tongue's the greatest red haired athlete this country has seen since Phar Lap.

Raider_69 said:
dunno about that victor, lets not go nuts, let the tigers have their time in the sun (if benji stays fit they could be hard to beat this year... provided their forwards harden the f**k up), our time in right around the corner, and it begins this year.

Im allowed to be blindly optimistic :lol: :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
If Alan Tongue stays fit then they're the darkhorse.

Tongue's the greatest red haired athlete this country has seen since Phar Lap.

finally some sence
albeit sarcasm, i am struggling to think of a better performing blood nut in australian sport at the moment :cool:

Raider_69

Post Whore
jimmyo said:
Weird about all you Elliot hating Raiders, I think most people would rate him among the best 3 coaches going around. I guess we'll see this year what he's made of.

most people are idiots :cool:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I can't believe Raiders supporters have stood idley by and let some idiot refer to Jason Bulgarelli as a Canberra junior.

RABK

Referee
Raider_69 said:
finally some sence
albeit sarcasm, i am struggling to think of a better performing blood nut in australian sport at the moment :cool:

No sarcasm, infact i've heard that Tongue may enter the Melbourne cup this year. Jockey would be Carney.

Latest posts