What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am gonna make a call here.

I think Jake Mullaney should be our first grade fullback next year.

Fast as a bastard
Kicks goals
Has a bit of Hodgo in the line play in him
Reasonably safe
Great support play

Plonk him in the 1 jersey, tell him it is his for the year and let's watch him develop.

Bubbles

westie

Bench
I'm gunna make a call here. If you want to win an NRL grand final, you need NRL quality players. Disagree?

N.C.

Juniors
Westie, when was the last time you saw this kid play? I've never seen him, so I can't comment. You seem to have some idea about him - is it based purely on his age, or on something else?

nomarg

he is killing it in u20's but so was ben jeffries- both quick, both top point scorers...

can he step up...

He's elligible for Toyota Cup next year, so I think he should start out there. Maybe give him a gig in NSW Cup, he's very small, and I am not sure throwing him in the deep end would be a good idea.

Flapper

First Grade
He's an absolute superstar in Toyota Cup, but he needs probably another year to mature further.

innsaneink

Referee

Fast as a bastard
Kicks goals
Reasonably safe
Great support play

Plonk him in the 1 jersey, tell him it is his for the year and let's watch him develop.

Bubbles

Give him the one and tell him its his for the year?

And if he's struggling after four or five games, then what?

bjm8

Juniors
If he's still eligible for 20's keep him there, nice ace to have up the sleeve for 2011 I would've thought? If he keeps getting better sign him up and bring him along. Why in the world would you risk rushing him into first grade?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
If he's still eligible for 20's keep him there, nice ace to have up the sleeve for 2011 I would've thought? If he keeps getting better sign him up and bring him along. Why in the world would you risk rushing him into first grade?

Good point- after all the hassle Lazarus has been through with injuries and faith WT / Sheens have shown in the kid keeing him under contract (recently extended 1 year till end of 2010) Lazarus will get his shot at #1. That will free up Moltzen for 1/2. If it does not work out Mullaney has had another year in the lower grades learning the ropes and ready for his chance in 2011 (provided he is not poached).

Vic Mackey

Referee
im willing to bet now the roosters will throw big money to be their no1 come 2011 when mini goes...

westie

Bench
Westie, when was the last time you saw this kid play? I've never seen him, so I can't comment. You seem to have some idea about him - is it based purely on his age, or on something else?

Haven't watched much of the lowers for a while now, but my point is, if he was good, i'd probably have seen him.

It's just based on age. There's very few players who are good enough as youngsters and if they are, you KNOW it. Think Karmichael, Benji etc. Benji scored 4 tries in 60 minutes in his only "20's" fixture and came into FG to get smashed and miss about 3 seasons of football, complete with technical f**kups.

My problem is more-so with every one pulling a new kid out of the 20s each week because he scores a try every few weeks. Better yet, what about having prop forwards come from the 20s!

What people haven't really seemed to realise is that this is just a glorified Jersey Flegg. If we'd been on here a few years ago calling for 7 new Fleggers each year, we'd have been laughed at. I just can't fathom why people can't understand this.

There's so many errors in the U/20s we do have in FG that have actually shown something. Aka Moltzen and his extraordinary ability to be invisisble if we're not smashing the other side.

Let's not even think about Lui. One of the worst performers in a WT shirt ever. But is it really his fault he was thrown in so soon?

blackandwhite

Juniors
Jake Mullaney is 19 and should play another year in the 20's before moving to the Roosters.

He has done tremendously well and he is the leading point scorer in the under 20's.

It's not bad for a kid who a few years back couldn't even make Wests Harold Matts.

I am gonna make a call here Warren McDonnell to move to Newcastle :pray:

alien

Referee

Fast as a bastard
Kicks goals
Reasonably safe
Great support play

Bubbles

Hello Bubbles.

I think Jake will be a very good first grade fullback in the future but I don't think they will rush him into firstgrade. I think he'll play Toyota Cup again next year.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Haven't watched much of the lowers for a while now, but my point is, if he was good, i'd probably have seen him.

It's just based on age. There's very few players who are good enough as youngsters and if they are, you KNOW it. Think Karmichael, Benji etc. Benji scored 4 tries in 60 minutes in his only "20's" fixture and came into FG to get smashed and miss about 3 seasons of football, complete with technical f**kups.

My problem is more-so with every one pulling a new kid out of the 20s each week because he scores a try every few weeks. Better yet, what about having prop forwards come from the 20s!

What people haven't really seemed to realise is that this is just a glorified Jersey Flegg. If we'd been on here a few years ago calling for 7 new Fleggers each year, we'd have been laughed at. I just can't fathom why people can't understand this.

There's so many errors in the U/20s we do have in FG that have actually shown something. Aka Moltzen and his extraordinary ability to be invisisble if we're not smashing the other side.

Let's not even think about Lui. One of the worst performers in a WT shirt ever. But is it really his fault he was thrown in so soon?

So what if he's an exception. Ala Mortimer. Dugan etc.

I don't know, haven't seen enough of the kid, just saying. Not every player will be raw or too green or not ready. There is only one way to find out...

DanOz

Juniors
His goalkicking percentage is not much better than Benji's. I think he's a gppd prospect, but would be surprised if he is ready next year.

westie

Bench
Which goes back to my point; if he was an exception, we'd all know about it. We all KNEW benji was coming before he even arrived at the club, even if it was on the basis of those who had watched Kebra or touch. He was a freak. Hunt was a freak Dugan etc was a top notch player. Collis, Hoffman, Gibbs, De Gois, Fulton et al were all very very decent players at their age. We KNEW they'd be good, not just... oh there's a chance they might be able to crack first grade because we have no one else.

RoMo

Juniors
I'm gonna make a call
Mr ummmmm ahhhhh ummmm aaaaah footy at fox studios has already decided he wants parra to win the comp and is doing evrything in his power to make sure they do

aladinsane

Juniors
Timeline for Jake....Work with the WT in the pre season, bulking up a bit and then to replace Sean Meaney from Balmain( who I believe is going to ESL next season) at the start of the 2010 season while maybe getting a trial game or two with the WT....Sheens to keep a close eye on him in the State Cup before he is pinched.

Latest posts