What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can understand the angst of NSW fans

Knock On

Juniors
I really feel for the Cowboys. To have their finals end in controversy for the second year running would be heartbreaking and I couldn’t think of a worse way to send out Matt Bowen, an all round nice guy and top player. He’s been a terrific role model to so many.
All that said, if the refs had counted correctly they’d have called 5th on the 5th and the Sharks wouldn’t have run up another tackle, they would have attacked with a kick, be in bomb or grubber, and who’s to say wouldn’t have scored anyway. I’m not suggesting for a minute that it wasn’t incompetent refereeing. But I am saying that for people suggesting the points should have just been taken off the Sharks, that would be just as unfair as them scoring on the seventh.
And it wasn’t the only massive error of the game. Restarting the clock when the ref calls time on (did cecchin call time on? Just out of curiosity there) is also something that should be investigated. This is the NRL finals afterall, not some backyard game.

drago brelli

Bench
Surely the refs have grounds to take legal action against Thurston. Thurston has accused the refs of conspiring to determine the outcome of the match.

Latest posts