What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Bazal

Post Whore
Wtf was the umpire doing last over? Everyone knew that merkin was out.

Disgraceful.

Scorchers should have had at least one more free hit too.

The ball that lidded Turner was a no-ball, they'd already had their one over-shoulder for the over.

BBL umpires are f**king village.

Disgraceful.

Scorchers should have had at least one more free hit too.

The ball that lidded Turner was a no-ball, they'd already had their one over-shoulder for the over.

BBL umpires are f**king village.
I realise a large part of its appeal is how quickly the game moves but the cost is credibility. I'm all for a team having at least one review.

Eelogical

Referee
The Weather has been our best player this series.
I'm not convinced that Paine will be 'el capitan' for much longer. He doesn't exude leadership IMO and being 34 means he's not going to be in the role for a long time. As much as I think Warner is a grub, he needs to come back into the side when his penance has been served, along with Smith.

Noise

Coach
I'm not convinced that Paine will be 'el capitan' for much longer. He doesn't exude leadership IMO and being 34 means he's not going to be in the role for a long time. As much as I think Warner is a grub, he needs to come back into the side when his penance has been served, along with Smith.

I don’t rate Paine as a leader either. Seems like a good bloke but not Australian captain material. IIRC Smith and Warner have a leadership ban so can’t be captain or vice captain for a period of time once they are back in the team. Can anyone confirm?

Eelogical

Referee
I don’t rate Paine as a leader either. Seems like a good bloke but not Australian captain material. IIRC Smith and Warner have a leadership ban so can’t be captain or vice captain for a period of time once they are back in the team. Can anyone confirm?
That's the conundrum. Smith is the best Australian captain but will have to settle for silly mid-off if he wants to play test cricket again. That is, until he serves a further 12 months on the sideline before he is eligible for the captaincy role.

Bazal

Post Whore
Thoughts on Steve Smith and Warner upon their return?

Smith slots straight back in. Warner can have a season in Shield, prove he can play nice with others. He's useless in England anyway so he won't make a difference in the Ashes.

Yes. Both are banned from leadership positions for at least 12 months.

Paine is a better leader than Smith. That much is hard to argue against, given the levels to which the team sank under Smith and his admissions about all that...and I'm not just talking about the sandpaper, but the culture and the attitude within the change room that lead up to that moment.Not to say that Paine is perfect, but Smith was a poor captain and I for one hope they never got back to him. I also think it will prolong his career; he's far too much of a cricket nuffy to deal with that pressure.

Smith is also a poor tactician, so Paine isn't any worse in that regard. Ultimately the search should be on now for the next captain, possibly to be eased in during the next home summer with Paine there for one more series and Smith back in the team.