What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Soto

Bench
99 captains out of 100 use the review there. An absolute hail Mary throw that doesn't even get a mention if not for the appalling call a few balls later.

Why should Paine wear the blame for the umpires call? Ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as assuming what I did or did not watch because I have a different opinion to you. Lmao
Where do i blame Paine for the umpires calls you tool?
It was a ridiculous and terrible review call. That was desperation

Bazal

Post Whore
Where do i blame Paine for the umpires calls you tool?
It was a ridiculous and terrible review call. That was desperation

Haha. Cranky? Seems unnecessary

You literally just said Paine is to blame for blowing a review in a hail Mary situation. Of course it was desperation, England were like two shots away from winning and if not for Wilson being blind no one would blink at that review. Any goat to scape I guess.

Gronk

Staff member
I agree with @Bazal . Instead of bagging the Aussies, just stand up and applaud the (England) world record 4th innings run chase.

Soto

Bench
I agree with @Bazal . Instead of bagging the Aussies, just stand up and applaud the (England) world record 4th innings run chase.
I'm not disagreeing it was a sensational victory.
The classic line Australia lost the test here..
England was allowed to look great because our inability to close it out with poor bowling, fielding and tactical blunders. Should not have got so close.
We do need to acknowledge the above.
The year of Ben Stokes. First the WC final and now the innings of a lifetime...

Soto

Bench
Haha. Cranky? Seems unnecessary

You literally just said Paine is to blame for blowing a review in a hail Mary situation. Of course it was desperation, England were like two shots away from winning and if not for Wilson being blind no one would blink at that review. Any goat to scape I guess.
Not cranky at all. Couldn't give an eff what you think. I had my opinion and you basically attacked mine.
Have to say you do seem like a whinging bitch though with a few posters..

Bazal

Post Whore
Not cranky at all. Couldn't give an eff what you think. I had my opinion and you basically attacked mine.
Have to say you do seem like a whinging bitch though with a few posters..

Lol attacked?

And you reckon I'm a whinging bitch LMAO. I literally just said it was such an Eels fan response and I found that amusing.

You're the one who started playing the man, mate. Being all smug about "maybe you should watch the final ten overs" and chucking around insults.

Soto

Bench
Lol attacked?

And you reckon I'm a whinging bitch LMAO. I literally just said it was such an Eels fan response and I found that amusing.

You're the one who started playing the man, mate. Being all smug about "maybe you should watch the final ten overs" and chucking around insults.
Lol..Still whinging...bit petulant mate..honestly know when to let go..
Maybe you woke up wrong side of bed..

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol..Still whinging...bit petulant mate..honestly know when to let go..
Maybe you woke up wrong side of bed..

*Chucks out insults*

*Calls others petulant*

Someone definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed, you're not wrong there lol

parra pete

Referee
Joel Wilson is the cricket equivalent to Henry Perenara. With the Pommies having one review left, Wilson should have given Stokes out LBW, he would have reviewed and technology would have determined the result......Great innings by Stikes. I had premonition of the game ending as a TIE, which would have been a good result for both teams.
Could not understand why Lyon was bowling when Stokes was in the zone..and could not understand why the quicks were trying to bounce the batsmen out...
Great game...bastard that the pommies had to win..Aussies carrying a few players, in my opinion...and the umpiring is the WORST I can remember...incompetent ninnies...

Gronk

Staff member
The challenge was with England: Achieve a world record run chase and the test is yours.

It's a shame that it had to happen on a day 4 pitch, but shit happens.

Without a 2009 Hayne-like play by Stokes, they don't win.

Same way that Smith dug us out of the grave in the earlier tests.

Bazal

Post Whore
The challenge was with England: Achieve a world record run chase and the test is yours.

It's a shame that it had to happen on a day 4 pitch, but shit happens.

Without a 2009 Hayne-like play by Stokes, they don't win.

Same way that Smith dug us out of the grave in the earlier tests.

They would have been a million to one at 9 down. People like Cuttlefish merkin wanna whine about the negatives but holy shit that was an amazing performance from Stokes

Incorrect

Coach
Does anyone know if Wilson was actually asked what was wrong with the LBW shout?? I'd be interested to know what his answer was... I would imagine the only thing he could have said was that he thought there was an edge. Nobody on this planet would think that ball was not going to crash in to the stumps

Bazal

Post Whore
Does anyone know if Wilson was actually asked what was wrong with the LBW shout?? I'd be interested to know what his answer was... I would imagine the only thing he could have said was that he thought there was an edge. Nobody on this planet would think that ball was not going to crash in to the stumps

I believe he said "what LBW shout, mon? Where the hell am I?"

strider

Post Whore
99 captains out of 100 use the review there. An absolute hail Mary throw that doesn't even get a mention if not for the appalling call a few balls later.

Why should Paine wear the blame for the umpires call? Ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as assuming what I did or did not watch because I have a different opinion to you. Lmao
Sorry but the usage of the review was ridiculous .... I wouldnt solely blame paine for that but it was largely on him

strider

Post Whore
I used to think Stokes was a bit of a dick ... But everything ive seen of him lately says he is a humble dude .... He has pretty much single handedly won 2 very big games miraculously but is still talking it down

crocodile

Bench
Sorry but the usage of the review was ridiculous .... I wouldnt solely blame paine for that but it was largely on him
It was ridiculous but the real damage was simply that Aussie didn't make enough runs in their second dig. With two and a bit days left it wasn't a big target and always a chance. Difficult one maybe but the batsmen should have put it beyond doubt.