What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Suitman

Post Whore
I thought Friday night's batting performance was incredible.
I didn't think it could be bettered within 2 days.
Amazing stuff Aussies.

Last edited:

Eelogical

Referee
Too bad that the ODI series is not available on free to air. I can afford to pay for it but why should I? I've watched all the games for free on 9 for virtually 30 years. ODI's may not be as relevant now as they were back then, but I ain't paying to see a 3 game series that's virtually a crammed in, pre-packaged series with a bunch of nuffy commentators to boot.

strider

Post Whore
I think its a sign that there is far less public interest in cricket now. Particularly the ODIs.

You can tell by the crowds. It seems they are mostly india fans. If it wasnt india playing i wonder how many people would have turned up? The members looked more than half empty. I realise some restrictions probably in place but i dont think thats all it is.

Suitman

Post Whore
Too bad that the ODI series is not available on free to air. I can afford to pay for it but why should I? I've watched all the games for free on 9 for virtually 30 years. ODI's may not be as relevant now as they were back then, but I ain't paying to see a 3 game series that's virtually a crammed in, pre-packaged series with a bunch of nuffy commentators to boot.

Sorry mate, but these days you get what you pay for. I spent the first 30 years of my life watching 4, then 5, FTA channels.
Foxtel opened up a whole new world of television options in the mid 90's. I travelled to England in the mid 90's and couldn't believe they had 60 channels + to choose from when we had 5 free to air and nothing else.
I was sold. When I came back from time over there, it was the time that Fox started here. I've had pay tv ever since.
BTW, they are not nuffy commentators on Fox. It's a far better production than Channel 9 (or 7) have ever produced.
If you don't want to pay to watch it, you can always listen to ABC on the radio.
Also, on Fox, you don't have to put up with the shitty adds after every over like FTA.
Foxtel's coverage shits all over anything FTA has EVER offered. That's why I'm willing to pay for it.

You say you are not willing to pay for a 3 game series of One Day matches? WTF are you thinking? Do you think that is all you will get?
For example, On Saturday morning I watched an amazing RL test between Australia and NZ from 1993. Stuff you would never get on FTA. There is so much to watch.

In summary, pay, or don't complain.
Otherwise, don't pay and enjoy FTA and all their shitty reality tv rubbish.

Eelogical

Referee
Sorry mate, but these days you get what you pay for. I spent the first 30 years of my life watching 4, then 5, FTA channels.
Foxtel opened up a whole new world of television options in the mid 90's. I travelled to England in the mid 90's and couldn't believe they had 60 channels + to choose from when we had 5 free to air and nothing else.
I was sold. When I came back from time over there, it was the time that Fox started here. I've had pay tv ever since.
BTW, they are not nuffy commentators on Fox. It's a far better production than Channel 9 (or 7) have ever produced.
If you don't want to pay to watch it, you can always listen to ABC on the radio.
Also, on Fox, you don't have to put up with the shitty adds after every over like FTA.
Foxtel's coverage shits all over anything FTA has EVER offered. That's why I'm willing to pay for it.

You say you are not willing to pay for a 3 game series of One Day matches? WTF are you thinking? Do you think that is all you will get?
For example, On Saturday morning I watched an amazing RL test between Australia and NZ from 1993. Stuff you would never get on FTA. There is so much to watch.

In summary, pay, or don't complain.
Otherwise, don't pay and enjoy FTA and all their shitty reality tv rubbish.
I'm not complaining, I'm bitching. I'm not paying anything for something that I once got for free.........and that includes sex.

strider

Post Whore
Remember when you would only get the last session of the Sydney test. We paid to get the TV antenna upgraded to get WIN Wollongong for the cricket. They'd only show the first bit of a one dayer if it was in Sydney
Those were the days lol

Our tv with rabbits ears could pick up wollongong

Or grow up in the sticks and have 2 channels (ABC and some horrid mix of Sydney commercial stations), until the late 80s. But we did at least get to watch all sessions of the Tests. And spend plenty of time outside, boatin, campin, fishin, roistering, playing Ned Kelly with slug guns and welders' masks and generally making pains in the arse of ourselves.

Eelogical

Referee
That’s unAustralian!
Richie and the boys were the greatest not just sports shows but overall TV shows ever produced!
Too true. RB was the epitome of commentators. To insinuate that the 9 crew weren't the best is quite extarordinary.