What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

I certainly did. Very impressive. Love the way hes set about changing how the Aussies are perceived. How good was Smith and Stokes?

Well, JL was starting from a very low base after the handiwork of Lehmann, and the blokes who think that someone with his history of being a dumbass (and occasionally racist) prick qualifies him to be the national coach. Brett Geeves' articles on his interactions with Lehman early in his career were quite interesting.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yep. Was never a fan of the over the top agro crap supported bt DL. Still not a fan of DW either. Got what he deserved I reckon. Will take a lot more to win back the Aussie hearts. Smith already has in my opinion.

Yep. Was never a fan of the over the top agro crap supported bt DL. Still not a fan of DW either. Got what he deserved I reckon. Will take a lot more to win back the Aussie hearts. Smith already has in my opinion.

Yeh Warner is a strange one. He has that unique combination of innate talent, stupidity and ignorance of his own stupidity that can lead to some spectacular outcomes.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yes he is but invariably when the team needs his batting most hes found wanting. Some of the catches he took in that Ashes match were sublime though.

I have suspected for a long time that - at least at Test level - Warner's biggest problem has been having to bat with absolute nuffies at the top of the order.

In T20I's, and ODI's, he usually had the chance to bat with some players that - while limited in their abilities - were pretty good in those formats, and it took some pressure off him.

Despite Warner's obvious deficiencies, he can definitely play.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Why is there controversy over this? Good job by Paine in my opinion.
https://twitter.com/cricketcomau/status/1326017808858193920?s=21

People butt hurt cause they think its like mankad. (ie. when a bowler runs out a batsman at the non strikers end by faking to bowl)

Completely different scenario here as bowler had bowled the ball and ball is live, fair play to Paine

There would be issues if Paine hesitated or waited til the batsman walked out of his crease. But he threw the stumps down without blinking an eyelid, and batsman was out of the crease before the ball was bowled

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it was legit, unusual, but nothing wrong with it

some people on social media were blowing up over it but then again if they weren't whinging about that they'd find something else to whinge about