What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

84 Baby

Referee
I tend to agree regarding Warner but they wont drop him, he'll have to retire.
The fact they keep trying to persist with Harris shows the problem is with alternatives. Warner is still better option than most. The biggest factors will be how Khawaja goes overseas and how Pucovski recovers

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Warner is safe while the other options are Harris and a bloke who gets hit in the head on a weekly basis. I can see us going with two quicks and Green on the sub continent with Lyon and Swepson. So Cummins and Haze fitness permitting with Starc, Boyland as the back ups. I’d rather Inglis than Carey but Carey has done enough to hold his spot but they should take two keepers to the sub continent so Inglis will be putting pressure on him.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well, there'll be no barmy army on the sub-continent. It will be an interesting time abroad. Batting lineup discussion tomorrow. I'm done with it for today.

their voices weren't so loud at the end of the series, I think they just stuck to drinking

King-Gutho94

Coach
The Poms worked him out. The sub-continent boys will be using the same tactics. He's done in my opinion. He was shit in England, shit this Ashes series and should be punted. Take a risk on the next generation.
100%

Warner has only scored 2 test 100s since 2014 outside of Australia.

Both were in Bangladesh 2017.

Hasn't scored a test 100 in India, England, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or West Indies.

King-Gutho94

Coach
So you’re saying he’s due!

Well i suppose if you keep picking him he will get one eventually.

I get it selectors get seduced by Warner's matvh winning ability that could win us a game in a session. But the reality is he hasn't done it overseas in a long time in a test match.

Warner has let us down when we needed him in nearly every overseas tour since South Africa 2014 when he hit twin tons at Cape Town. But that was 8 years ago.

We only needed him to have a couple decent knocks in India 2017 and we might have pinched that series. Poor old smithy worked his bum off and needed just one big innings from warner especially given his standing and experience at the time.

And against England in 2019 was just embarrassing. We may as well have started our innings at 2/0 with Bancroft and Harris the opening partners in crime.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Warner is safe while the other options are Harris and a bloke who gets hit in the head on a weekly basis. I can see us going with two quicks and Green on the sub continent with Lyon and Swepson. So Cummins and Haze fitness permitting with Starc, Boyland as the back ups. I’d rather Inglis than Carey but Carey has done enough to hold his spot but they should take two keepers to the sub continent so Inglis will be putting pressure on him.

Your based up in QLD do you see Matt Renshaw playing for Australia again.

I felt his temperament was pretty good when he played for Australia. His struggles were his ability to rotate strike but i still remember being there when he scored 180 at the SCG against Pakistan and is certainly better then what Bancroft and harris have ever shown since he got replaced.

I noticed he isnt opening anymore either.

He has had 3 ordinary years in shield. But found some runs this year batting at 5.

Unfortunately there is no middle order vacancy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Your based up in QLD do you see Matt Renshaw playing for Australia again.

I felt his temperament was pretty good when he played for Australia. His struggles were his ability to rotate strike but i still remember being there when he scored 180 at the SCG against Pakistan and is certainly better then what Bancroft and harris have ever shown since he got replaced.

I noticed he isnt opening anymore either.

He has had 3 ordinary years in shield. But found some runs this year batting at 5.

Unfortunately there is no middle order vacancy.
It was disgraceful how he was treated and it’s one of the reasons I dislike Langer with a passion. It’s good to see him find some form again but to get another gig he needs to start scoring runs up the top of the order. 4 years on I’d wonder where he’d be if he was given the support like Harris the turnip has had.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It was disgraceful how he was treated and it’s one of the reasons I dislike Langer with a passion. It’s good to see him find some form again but to get another gig he needs to start scoring runs up the top of the order. 4 years on I’d wonder where he’d be if he was given the support like Harris the turnip has had.

Yeah i agree.

Talk about sliding doors moment imagine if Renshaw didn't get dropped and a spud like Bancroft didnt get in the team at end of 17. It was more renshaw didnt score in shield that he got dumped from memory.

His test average was 36.65 at 21 years of age after 10 tests including 4 brutal tests in india.

I can't imagine renshaw would have walked out with sandpaper.

Perhaps warner would have done it himself. Australia were no doubt going down that dark path anyway at the time with behaviour but i have no doubt Renshaw would not have wilted and been apart of it like bancroft.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Marcus Harris, and Cameron Bancroft, have done far less than Renshaw did for Australia, and were automatic selections for years.

Renshaw should never have been dropped.

He is a Test batsman, through and through.

f**king Cricket Australia - they have no idea.

hindy111

Post Whore
One of worse series on records. Most games didn't go to game 5. Most where over by first innings. Hard to enjoy just lopsided cricket.

Latest posts