What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Eelogical

Referee
well, that's one interpretation,

I remember seeing this live and I thought much the same as Rod Marsh, you can see his reaction
The great RB wasn't impressed either, just like Piggy Muldoon. I watched it live at the time, too. No excuse for such poor behavior by GC.

I recall a story from many years ago after the said incident, that a player, who I think was Doug Walters, demonstrated how a rolling cricket ball could be flicked up by his foot and smashed over the fence for 6. All very cricket legal I would suggest.

You would be out 'hit the ball twice'. The first hit doesn't have to be with the bat. If the ball strikes either your bat or any part of your body, and you then deliberately hit the ball (other than to prevent the ball hitting the stumps), you are out.

strider

Post Whore
You would be out 'hit the ball twice'. The first hit doesn't have to be with the bat. If the ball strikes either your bat or any part of your body, and you then deliberately hit the ball (other than to prevent the ball hitting the stumps), you are out.
f**k that, it probably would have been lbw ... it was rolling at the stumps

Suitman

Post Whore

Yep, as Strider said, it would have been given out LBW first.

Gazzamatta

Coach
So the preferred option is to block it and throw his bat. Fu*k that. Do a Dougie and go out in a blaze of glory.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Wasn't the kiwi bloke a number 11 batsman.
What were the odds of him hitting a six at the MCG anyway back then surely it would have been 500/1.

Wasn't the kiwi bloke a number 11 batsman.
What were the odds of him hitting a six at the MCG anyway back then surely it would have been 500/1.

500/1 would have been unders for McKechnie. I remember watching it as it happened (I was 11). My dad said 'He's not going to underarm it, surely?'

84 Baby

Referee
When Chappelli is the voice of reason and original thought, it’s time to stop talking to media.
I get bunch of Langer’s old teammates wanting to get his back but if the current team don’t like him, why the f**k would you keep him around? It’s not a Warne/Buchanan disagreement. And then I agree with Chappelli, the coach in the current climate needs to be an actual coach, as in teaching skills. Langer is a man manager, which is the role of the captain these days.
And then quality insult by Chappelli, people complaining CA has been no good past 6 months, when actually they’ve been no good the past 60 years.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...e/news-story/4ee64df376d05b3aab6e686248774f88

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When Chappelli is the voice of reason and original thought, it’s time to stop talking to media.
I get bunch of Langer’s old teammates wanting to get his back but if the current team don’t like him, why the f**k would you keep him around? It’s not a Warne/Buchanan disagreement. And then I agree with Chappelli, the coach in the current climate needs to be an actual coach, as in teaching skills. Langer is a man manager, which is the role of the captain these days.
And then quality insult by Chappelli, people complaining CA has been no good past 6 months, when actually they’ve been no good the past 60 years.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...e/news-story/4ee64df376d05b3aab6e686248774f88
I read that and thought the same, Gramps Chaps speaking the most sense.

And lol @ Myth Johnsons attack on Cummins, fancy him calling someone gutless.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
a lot of clickbait rubbish articles out there this morning, mainly to do with Notch

King-Gutho94

Coach
I read that and thought the same, Gramps Chaps speaking the most sense.

And lol @ Myth Johnsons attack on Cummins, fancy him calling someone gutless.
Johnson will regret that statement in time. I hope patty brushes him for good.

Fancy mitch who has admitted he struggled to deal with the barmy army when they got stuck into him and admitted he has had mental health issues.

To call the Australian captain a former team mate gutless in your own newspaper article.

Anything mitch says about mental health is a load of bullocks moving forward as far as i am concerned wants to act like a bully cant handle it back.

Its also hypocritical considering he was part of homework gate and the brigrade to get rid of the south african idiot Arthur who coached us.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Johnson will regret that statement in time. I hope patty brushes him for good.

Fancy mitch who has admitted he struggled to deal with the barmy army when they got stuck into him and admitted he has had mental health issues.

To call the Australian captain a former team mate gutless in your own newspaper article.

Anything mitch says about mental health is a load of bullocks moving forward as far as i am concerned wants to act like a bully cant handle it back.

Its also hypocritical considering he was part of homework gate and the brigrade to get rid of the south african idiot Arthur who coached us.
Paddy has never had to be propped up by a captain like Johnson was. Phil Hughes was dropped just so we could put Watson in the team to cover for Shitchell who had the Yips after the barmy army were mean to him. Never liked the weak willed sook I dislike him even less after his spray at Cummins.

Where was the outrage from former players when Langer assassinated Matty Renshaw through the media?? The double standard’s are laughable. Why isn’t Finch also copping it in the media he’s the 20/20 and ODI skipper and he didn’t say boo to support the coach either.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Paddy has never had to be propped up by a captain like Johnson was. Phil Hughes was dropped just so we could put Watson in the team to cover for Shitchell who had the Yips after the barmy army were mean to him. Never liked the weak willed sook I dislike him even less after his spray at Cummins.

Where was the outrage from former players when Langer assassinated Matty Renshaw through the media?? The double standard’s are laughable. Why isn’t Finch also copping it in the media he’s the 20/20 and ODI skipper and he didn’t say boo to support the coach either.
Because Finch isnt part of the "NSW mafia" that took down Langer doesn't suit that narrative.

I think all these ex legends blowing up proves it is the right decision they are all too close to JL to make a proper assessment on the issue. And its not there team anymore.

It's just that CA as per usual stuffed up how they went about it. And reinforced what a grubby and useless organisation they are.

JL should have been told last August he wasn't getting a contract extension and its up to him if he wanted to coach up to the ashes or end of his contract.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Langer can coach the new WAxit national team.
Mish Darsh can captain with superstars Ashton Turner, Cam Bancroft and AJ Tye
Yeah stuff em its probably the best thing thats happened is getting those selfish pricks over in perth all fired up for there hero JL.

If they aren't worshipping McGowan they are worshipping JL.

You left out the other WA superstars in Shaun Marsh & Ashton Agar.