What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's in good company, Jamie Cox is probably the best first class player never to represent Australia, he had an amazing first class career but some of our best batsmen blocked his path to the international level during one of our best ever eras.
Probably him or Jamie Siddons.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Probably him or Jamie Siddons.

he played 1 ODI in Lahore, but yeah, decent first class career and would have played more for Oz in another era

Jamie Siddons represented Australia only once at international level - he made 32 in a one-day match at Lahore in 1988 - but his involvement with the national team increased substantially since his retirement.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
he played 1 ODI in Lahore, but yeah, decent first class career and would have played more for Oz in another era

Jamie Siddons represented Australia only once at international level - he made 32 in a one-day match at Lahore in 1988 - but his involvement with the national team increased substantially since his retirement.

It makes the Steve Waugh sledge to him all the more greater.

Even a bloke like Jimmy Maher would play 50+ plus tests now.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The amount of shit that have pulled on a Baggy Green cap in the past 15 years.

Makes you feel sorry for those blokes in the 90s who never got a look in that were 3 x times the players that have played for Australia since 2008/2009.

That time we lost the ashes in 10/11. Punter as captain

Around that period few yrs either side... check out the spinners we tried...

Average over 40 with the ball in Shield you got a baggy green...

Xavier Doherty, Michael Beer, Nathan Hauritz, Ashton Agar, Jon Holland, Peter George, Beau Casson, Bryce McGain
Who have I missed ??

Then there is....
Mennie, Sayers, Hastings, Mckay, McDonald ...Im gonna stop im getting nauseas

King-Gutho94

Coach
That time we lost the ashes in 10/11. Punter as captain

Around that period few yrs either side... check out the spinners we tried...

Average over 40 with the ball in Shield you got a baggy green...

Xavier Doherty, Michael Beer, Nathan Hauritz, Ashton Agar, Jon Holland, Peter George, Beau Casson, Bryce McGain
Who have I missed ??

Then there is....
Mennie, Sayers, Hastings, Mckay, McDonald ...Im gonna stop im getting nauseas
Nathan Hauritz shouldn't be part of that group he was unlucky at the time to be dropped for plodders in Doherty & Beer it probably cost us the ashes with this obsession KP couldn't play left arm spin.

As we didnt have a spinner that whole series to pin down an end.

The rest well were garbage at least Agar got a 98 with the bat.

I met Chadd Sayers at Origin in Adelaide last year he was funny bloke more then i thought he would have been on the piss a shame he was wearing a QLD scarf though.

Picking John Hastings then have him opening the bowling instead of Hazelwood at the WACA against the Saffas in the decider was a Brad Arthur moment where he picked Peni Terepo at dummy half and dumped Reed to the bench.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Nathan Hauritz shouldn't be part of that group he was unlucky at the time to be dropped for plodders in Doherty & Beer it probably cost us the ashes with this obsession KP couldn't play left arm spin.

I remember when Nathan Lyon had played 17 tests (same as what Hauritz finished up)

The stats of both were almost identical . Haurie the better batter

Latest posts