What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

strider

Post Whore
Have we executed these players yet?

Seriously the highest penalty ever given to ball tampering has been 2 matches yet we see fit to once again appease the bedwetters and give them a ridiculous penalty.

The media in this country just love to cannabilise their own. They should just be told to get f**ked and let them go into a self serving frenzy.
And then once they've worked everything into a frenzy and the players are broken, the media get all, oh we have to look after their well being ... ffs

Gronk

Staff member
Have we executed these players yet?

Seriously the highest penalty ever given to ball tampering has been 2 matches yet we see fit to once again appease the bedwetters and give them a ridiculous penalty.

The media in this country just love to cannabilise their own. They should just be told to get f**ked and let them go into a self serving frenzy.

Yep I said this from the start and they would be mad not to appeal the severity of the ACB sanctions.

Having said that they may well get their suspensions truncated on appeal, but that does not mean that they will be selected in the Australian sides.

Avenger

Immortal
Yep I said this from the start and they would be mad not to appeal the severity of the ACB sanctions.

Having said that they may well get their suspensions truncated on appeal, but that does not mean that they will be selected in the Australian sides.
After they do their time and if form warrants it they should automatically be selected.

Gronk

Staff member
After they do their time and if form warrants it they should automatically be selected.

They *should* be selected, but if their suspension is reduced through the normal channels or pursued through equity or International Court Sport (Switzerland) that does not mean that the ACB will select them or even worse, offer them an CA contract.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
In the long run his will be the best thing that ever happened to Australian cricket. The team had completely lost their way and had become the most hated bunch of merkins ever to wear the baggy green. Something drastic was needed to force the team to change its ways if they were ever to be a team that captured the imagination like past sides and be something that people could be proud of.

Yes, there was a precedent and they could have just banned the players for a couple of matches but that wouldn't have changed anything at all. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm glad they didn't take the soft cock slap on the wrist option. That would have just appealed to the bed wetter fans who constantly wet the bed.

In the long run his will be the best thing that ever happened to Australian cricket. The team had completely lost their way and had become the most hated bunch of merkins ever to wear the baggy green. Something drastic was needed to force the team to change its ways if they were ever to be a team that captured the imagination like past sides and be something that people could be proud of.

I think that's partly true, but I also think there's a solid minority of people who don't watch a lot of cricket and willingly and uncritically believe everything that is said. Pricks like Warner (and our CEO) have no place in the setup in my opinion. An there is no place for any form of personal abuse on the field. But I suspect a lot of people conflate other problems regarding the behaviour of the team with random commentary from the media and the behaviour of equally dickhead cricket fans.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think that's partly true, but I also think there's a solid minority of people who don't watch a lot of cricket and willingly and uncritically believe everything that is said. Pricks like Warner (and our CEO) have no place in the setup in my opinion. An there is no place for any form of personal abuse on the field. But I suspect a lot of people conflate other problems regarding the behaviour of the team with random commentary from the media and the behaviour of equally dickhead cricket fans.
Maybe. But if they build a brand and a reputation like I am suggesting then there will be no issues of conflation.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The only two players worth feeding on this tour tbh....maybe Starc gets a pass given he's been toiling with injury for a bit

Yeah they did well in that innings, the others did bugger all.

Although I cant be too critical on the 3 that just came into the side, the others like Khawaja and S Marsh shouldve grabbed the opportunity to step up when the two best batsmen are suspended, but didnt.

Latest posts