What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dizzy for the coaching job please, if that clown Langer gets it we may as well be called the Australian Warriors.

Gronk

Staff member
There are still anti-siphoning broadcast laws. Hence why..

CRICKET Australia is reportedly set to give Channel Nine the flick in favour of a bumper Foxtel offer said to be worth at least $1 billion over the next six years.

The reported move means Nine will lose broadcasting rights to the pay-TV provider who was said to be in talks with Channel Seven and Channel Ten overnight on who will partner its bid, according to the Financial Review.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...l/news-story/6c93941918e666808486d48399ab3f47

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yep I think all of the Australian summer tests and international one dayers have to be broadcast on FTA. It’s just a matter of who that’s going to be.

TheParraboy

Staff member
As long as the new broadcasters don’t bring KP, Slater, Clarke, Warne and god forbid brayshaw into their commentary, then it can only be a good thing, certainly a massive improvement.

Ch 9 commentary had been woeful for many years now, they keep adding amateur dipshits

Rip Richie and Greig

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Terrible call by CA, but what else could you expect from an Organisation that makes the NRL look good atm.

Bazal

Post Whore
7 will have the BBL but I believe Fox will have the rest, not definite yet tho

Reports earlier today indicate the Tests will be simulcast on both Seven and Fox.

I suppose the ODIs will be too if that's the case

Bazal

Post Whore
Terrible call by CA, but what else could you expect from an Organisation that makes the NRL look good atm.

Tbh I don't agree it's a terrible call. They want the best package for the game and that includes monetary benefit to them. If that's pay TV, then that's pay TV.

Channel 9 don't deserve to keep it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Reports earlier today indicate the Tests will be simulcast on both Seven and Fox.

I suppose the ODIs will be too if that's the case

really ?

I know Fox are pissed that a lot of people unsubscribe when the footy finishes so they got the cricket so people will stay subscribed all year round, having it on 7 sort of defeats that purpose

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tbh I don't agree it's a terrible call. They want the best package for the game and that includes monetary benefit to them. If that's pay TV, then that's pay TV.

Channel 9 don't deserve to keep it.
This is just the start, won’t be long and you will have to pay to watch all cricket, same thing happened in England.

It can’t be a good thing when you cut off the game from 65% of the Australian public

Bazal

Post Whore
really ?

I know Fox are pissed that a lot of people unsubscribe when the footy finishes so they got the cricket so people will stay subscribed all year round, having it on 7 sort of defeats that purpose

Foxtel will share the rights with Seven because anti-siphoning laws require major international cricket matches to be shown on free-to-air television.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...story/6c93941918e666808486d48399ab3f47#.pl0j6

They've actually changed the wording from this morning, it said they would be simulcast. So maybe Seven will just carry them, or maybe the original story was right. But if Fox are the major rights winner then you would expect they will still take the major Tests alongside Seven, surely?

Bazal

Post Whore
This is just the start, won’t be long and you will have to pay to watch all cricket, same thing happened in England.

It can’t be a good thing when you cut off the game from 65% of the Australian public

See above. We've got anti-siphoning laws to prevent this, so unless they change it's not gonna happen.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if nein's commentators go to 7, I'll be on Fox as they have Gilly and Punter who are not so bad to listen to

Bazal

Post Whore
if nein's commentators go to 7, I'll be on Fox as they have Gilly and Punter who are not so bad to listen to

Mate, it's worse than you think.

Reports indicate McAvaney and Brayshaw are likely to have a role with Seven's cricket commentary.

FFS