What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I f*cking hate pink jerseys

DC_fan

Coach
I understand the pink jumpers are up for auction after the game. It maybe for a good choice but I do wonder if they get many bids.

gronkathon

First Grade
Seeing pink jerseys fired GI up. Women in League round must havereminded him of his true colours and he stopped some Broncos from self harm good tonight

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I think the pink jerseys look crap as well, but it is for a good cause.

The one thing I can't understand, is why they don't promote women PLAYING Rugby League more. If it's the 'women in league' round, why don't they talk more about the womens competition?

DC_fan

Coach
I think the pink jerseys look crap as well, but it is for a good cause.

The one thing I can't understand, is why they don't promote women PLAYING Rugby League more. If it's the 'women in league' round, why don't they talk more about the womens competition?

Just for this week mAybe they should have some women's matches played as leadin to the NRL game.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's great that the league is honouring women................by dressing them up in skimpy outfits and calling them cheerleaders.

100%green

Juniors
Mate I've worked in merchandise and I can tell you the pink jerseys are a big seller. Last year no one could keep the Tigers ones in stock. Roosters, Eels, Dragons have all been big sellers in the past.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I hate the solid pink jerseys, they look ridiculous. But the Roosters one from last year looks badass. Bought one for my old man for Christmas last year.

1b.jpg

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I hate the solid pink jerseys, they look ridiculous. But the Roosters one from last year looks badass. Bought one for my old man for Christmas last year.

1b.jpg

How badly did he mistreat you as a child for you to do that to him?

Do you guilt him into wearing it as well?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Broncs were very ugly. But hey, good cause.

That said tha ladies love to buy them too.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
So it's Women In League round. Is the the best we can do plonk on a pink jumper? What does that do for Women? It's like women honouring men by wearing a strap on.

And dont give me that marketing crap. Who would buy a pink jersey ffs?

I'm sure there are better things clubs could do - such as honouring women who go great work for their club, in the community etc. Players walking out with an honoured woman like sometimes players walk out with kids would be better.

Brisbane wont be the only club doing it, or have ever done it. My club have issued a pink Eels logo. F*cking abysmal and does nothing by belittle the sentiment behind the idea.

You really are a whinger. Jane MGrath gave us pink shirt day. If rabbs had died of
prostate cancer we would all be living brown shirt day for the next 20 years.

Be grateful for small mercies.

Charlie124

First Grade
I thought the jerseys looked good, and theyre for a great cause. My Mrs and her mother both asked me why the teams were wearing pink jerseys and were pleased to hear the reason. So for non-footy watchers and the casual observer, the jerseys catch the eye and start a conversation, which is their intended purpose.

Some people just like to complain about anything out of the ordinary.

beads6

First Grade
It is a good idea that raises money. I don't have a problem with is at all. A good concept yet some negative twat wants to whinge about it.

gUt

Coach
Pink socks are fine, the Dragons can get away with the pink V and I'll make an exception for the Panthers, but everyone else should stop doing the f**king pink thing. It's shameful.

gUt

Coach
It is a good idea that raises money. I don't have a problem with is at all. A good concept yet some negative twat wants to whinge about it.

By all means sell pink jerseys, I'll buy a couple of pink ones for my kids but the players look terrible in them. Just do socks imo, ok maybe boots and mouth guards too.