What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I f*cking hate pink jerseys

Lambretta

First Grade
Apparently the Pink jerseys sell out quickly every year and the demand is usually greater than the supply. Of course this all came from a saleswoman at Rebel Sport so who knows the truth of it

Your missus could take the user name pinkvforwife

Lambretta

First Grade
I thought the Broncos looked great in pink last night - The looked just like a ladies "other little helper". Some clubs do breast cancer awareness better than others with their uniforms. The Dragons pink V is an example of the good - Broncos hideous pink jersey is at the other end of the scale imo.

But I do applaud the clubs and the NRL for making a statement to say they're proud for our game to be inclusive to everyone, not just beer swilling morons like myself. But more than that it's great to see the support for the work done by Cancer Research and the McGrath Foundation etc

Adding into this, the opportunity to laugh at Brisbane for looking like a pack of dildos just gives us another reason to embrace the idea.

Danish

Referee
How badly did he mistreat you as a child for you to do that to him?

Do you guilt him into wearing it as well?

Maybe his dad isn't scared that wearing pink is going to make him gay like a fair few of the posters in this thread obviously are.

I bought one of the pink jerseys auctioned off after women in league round in 2009. Will be wearing it tomorrow

Loudstrat

Coach
You're a deadbeat.

The pink jerseys have nothing to do with "looking good", its about raising awareness and saying thanks to all of the women involved in the game. Do you mock people who do the shave for a cure every year and complain that they look better with hair??
Raising awareness? About what? There is confusion about whether it is about women, or breast cancer. I think people are aware about the existance of both. To me, wearing pink is like all those people on Fsacebook who click "like" on a post about child poverty - it does absolutely nothing to solve the problem.

My wife shaved for a cure - I remember some very generous forummers donated to her cause. She raised about 3k. She also experienced what it would be like for a cancer patient in society.

Wearing a pink jumper does none of that - although if the jumpers sell then there is (hopefully) money for charity. And if that is the point - call it what it is - Breast Cancer In Women Round.

Maybe a round dedicated to ethnic minority's where all the woman have to wear a headscarf or burka and no alcohol is served.
Could have a public hanging of a gay man for half time entertainment.
You volunteering you f*ckwit?

The colour of jerseys aside, this week is important as it's pretty obvious the Rugby League community has a problem with women - this forum included. Take for example, how some posters here reply to the user "broncomum"

just a quick sample i was able to dig up in a few minutes. These are direct replies to quotes from Broncomum. I also note that her last activity was on the 13th of this month, just after the latest round of abuse.
She cops that not because she is female, but because she is a f*cking idiot. Go through other female posters threads and tally up all the seatwetting jibes. You wont find any.

f**k off idiot. I didn't say the pink jerseys gave me that impression you dimwitted moron
No, you implies that the NRL does nothing to improve the treatment of women by players - which is just totally wrong, and even a mentally challenged leopard slug could nut that out - but obviously not you.

We're so aware of breast cancer that other causes are losing awareness. Pinkwashing is a worldwide fad at the moment like how AIDS red ribbons were 15-20 years ago.

Breast cancer isn't the only affliction that affects women. Why doesn't a team grow some balls and wear an all white jersey for violence against women, or postnatal depression, or HPV? Not just something that happens to sell well.

Personally, I'd rather not see playing jerseys change for any cause unless its a one game major sponsorship or logo patch.
:clap:

Breast cancer affects men too. That is being ignored. Its "Women in League round", and I am yet to see any club publicly acknowledge any Women In League. But they have taken a marketing approach to sell jerseys - and made no commitment to supply any charity pith any percentage that I am aware of.

So what argument is left? Some simpletons have brought up the old "if you dont wear pink you must be homophobic" rubbish. Well, if by changing one colour in a clubs jersey to pink, regardless of how abysmal it looks, means you are gay tolerant - wtf has that got to do with women?

BTW, I am a white ribbon day ambassador in my workplace. White Ribbon Day would be a great theme in the NRL. In comparison, the pink-breast cancer link merely means the NRL is celebrating women by focussing on their tits.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So it's Women In League round. Is the the best we can do plonk on a pink jumper? What does that do for Women? It's like women honouring men by wearing a strap on.

And dont give me that marketing crap. Who would buy a pink jersey ffs?

I'm sure there are better things clubs could do - such as honouring women who go great work for their club, in the community etc. Players walking out with an honoured woman like sometimes players walk out with kids would be better.

Brisbane wont be the only club doing it, or have ever done it. My club have issued a pink Eels logo. F*cking abysmal and does nothing by belittle the sentiment behind the idea.

Aussie cricketers use pink grips and the crowd wear pink on Glen McGrath day and it raises an enormous amount of money for women's breast cancer.

I think League should be commended for their efforts, if you had ovaries you'd probably agree.

I think the cause is more important than the look.

snogard6

Juniors
Raising awareness? About what? There is confusion about whether it is about women, or breast cancer. I think people are aware about the existance of both. To me, wearing pink is like all those people on Fsacebook who click "like" on a post about child poverty - it does absolutely nothing to solve the problem.

My wife shaved for a cure - I remember some very generous forummers donated to her cause. She raised about 3k. She also experienced what it would be like for a cancer patient in society.

Wearing a pink jumper does none of that - although if the jumpers sell then there is (hopefully) money for charity. And if that is the point - call it what it is - Breast Cancer In Women Round.

You volunteering you f*ckwit?

She cops that not because she is female, but because she is a f*cking idiot. Go through other female posters threads and tally up all the seatwetting jibes. You wont find any.

No, you implies that the NRL does nothing to improve the treatment of women by players - which is just totally wrong, and even a mentally challenged leopard slug could nut that out - but obviously not you.

:clap:

Breast cancer affects men too. That is being ignored. Its "Women in League round", and I am yet to see any club publicly acknowledge any Women In League. But they have taken a marketing approach to sell jerseys - and made no commitment to supply any charity pith any percentage that I am aware of.

So what argument is left? Some simpletons have brought up the old "if you dont wear pink you must be homophobic" rubbish. Well, if by changing one colour in a clubs jersey to pink, regardless of how abysmal it looks, means you are gay tolerant - wtf has that got to do with women?

BTW, I am a white ribbon day ambassador in my workplace. White Ribbon Day would be a great theme in the NRL. In comparison, the pink-breast cancer link merely means the NRL is celebrating women by focussing on their tits.
Your a moron

Loudstrat

Coach
I guess some of you cant wait to add these to your "I buy therefore I am doing heaps for" collections.

This one if for Landcare round. Dont like it? You obviously dont care for mother nature.
picture.php

This is for Red Cross Blood Bank round. Dont like it? You obviously hope everyone bleeds to death.
picture.php

This is for Bowel Cancer round. Dont buy it, and you'll be accused of not being sympathetic to that cause either.
picture.php

What colour makes me stop paedophiles?

You could swear Loudstrat and Dc fan had a bet to see who can make the most dickhead thread.

I really hope you aren't this bitter in real life Loudstrat, otherwise I really feel sorry for your circle of influence because you are one massive merkin of a human being.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Aussie cricketers use pink grips and the crowd wear pink on Glen McGrath day and it raises an enormous amount of money for women's breast cancer.

I think League should be commended for their efforts, if you had ovaries you'd probably agree.

I think the cause is more important than the look.
What is the cause? I thought it was "Women in League", not "Women's tits in League"

Cricket - why not call it "Jane Magrath Day"?

So is it celebrating and honouring women, or raising money for female breast cancer?

Your a moron
Both the content of your argument, and your grammar, suggest that you are looking in a mirror as you type that.

Loudstrat

Coach
You could swear Loudstrat and Dc fan had a bet to see who can make the most dickhead of a thread.

I really hope you aren't this bitter in real life Loudstrat otherwise I really feel sorry for your circle of influence, because you are one massive merkin of a human being.
What, because I think pink jerseys look sh*t?????????

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What is the cause? I thought it was "Women in League", not "Women's tits in League"

So is it celebrating and honouring women, or raising money for female breast cancer?

Both the content of your argument, and your grammar, suggest that you are looking in a mirror as you type that.

you're criticising their marketing ploy of pink representing women's causes

what would you suggest they do to further the cause rather than promoting pink ?

Jobdog

Live Update Team

Because a test match goes for five days. Day three is dedicated Jane McGrath Day. Next question?

Band On The Run

Juniors
Actually saw a fair few Broncos fans wearing that pink jerseys at the last Broncos game I went to, and that was against Manly last month.

M2D2

Bench
I dont like em, so i would never PAY for one. But i dont have a problem with them either.
Some of you are so precious.

GAZF

First Grade
You could swear Loudstrat and Dc fan had a bet to see who can make the most dickhead thread.

Agreed that he has taken it on in an aggressive fashion but he isn't a dickhead for questioning the motives of the clubs/NRL. I'm sure that the heart foundation, camp quality, red cross, cerebral palsy alliance (I didn't realise they'd changed their name from the unfortunate "spastic centre"), Ronald McDonald House etc... would love to see a fraction of the attention that breast cancer awareness has had of late. The amount of attention is completely disproportionate even to the high % of population that it effects.

The Raiders wore a blue brain injury jersey in 2010, a commendable effort to raise awareness of a foundation with relatively little exposure. I guess they didn't sell too well because in 2011 they joined the pink bandwagon.

Agreed that he has taken it on in an aggressive fashion but he isn't a dickhead for questioning the motives of the clubs/NRL. I'm sure that the heart foundation, camp quality, red cross, cerebral palsy alliance (I didn't realise they'd changed their name from the unfortunate "spastic centre"), Ronald McDonald House etc... would love to see a fraction of the attention that breast cancer awareness has had of late. The amount of attention is completely disproportionate even to the high % of population that it effects.

The Raiders wore a blue brain injury jersey in 2010, a commendable effort to raise awareness of a foundation with relatively little exposure. I guess they didn't sell too well because in 2011 they joined the pink bandwagon.

Loudstrat did not approach it this way in his OP.

I do however agree with your post, the causes you have mentioned and much more need to be made aware of.

But how do you approach it, do we have a cause for each round ? The reason the NRL raise awareness for breast cancer is because it ties in the WIL round.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's a good way for clubs to support causes and charities. Roosters wore rainbow socks last year to raise awareness of dementia due to Carney's personal experience with his dad.

The pink does two good things, one raises support for cancer and two is a very visual recognition of the often overlooked role women play in our great sport.

Ps Panthers great opportunity to support Alzheimer's Australia now we have changed our colors to teal and black!