What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I guess Paul Sheehan isn't a Sharks fan

Vossy

Bench
now you've pointed out he is a yawnion fan..like he can talk..stomping,eye gouging,hair pulling - go ask george smith when he had dreadlocks..

Gallen is a dog that is costing his team with his suspension.

Top Captain.

In another note, Although this is not the Sheehan from AFL, has anyone heard about the talk of triple-brownflow medallist, all-round good-guy from St.Kilda, Robert Harvey inspecting the "Wheels" of Jason Acne-manis?

What IS doing with this latest outbreak of the squirrel? Farkin gaylords, something a bit weird about it if you ask me. :crazy:

You Stain supporters just can't get enough of a beating.

I didn't think you'd be back in here for awhile after you lost to a team missing Ross, Gallen, Williams and Seymour.

f**k you might have to get the ball boy out of the coaches box and get him to have a go.

Because your team has "No f*cking Idea!":lol:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I blame Goose Gould.

He's anti Cronulla, anti Gallen, anti Stuart etc etc

Probably bought this girl Sheehan a bottle of bubbly to lend his name to a byline.

Gould gave us a veiled rubbishing in yesterday's Whoreald. Average team he said.

He might be right. I just don't like him saying it.

Gall's lucky Schnoz Daley wasn't commentating that night. Remeber the pasting and slander Loz piled on Gal last year

Windy70

Juniors
First time I read that was yesterday...took till now to stop laughing.

what a tosser.

Criminal charges? Please Mr Sheehan, take a walk down the street, choose a random person walk up and threaten to tackle em. Just threaten, and it is a form of assault and your gone. games like this are full of assaults, usually they start midweek with the threats and talking up of fireworks etc.

This is a game that all these guys have signed up to play since they were 6 yrs old. No such thing as a "victim" on the field. At some point every player on the feild (maybe excluding Lockyer) has been guilty of something that a wank like you would take hold of and dribble sh*t on ya soap box.
Don't get me wrong, Gallen is a dipsh*t for it. He gave away a penalty, removed himself (as one of our best) from the team for 3 weeks. He let the sharks down accross the board. Personally I believe Bird should be captain but thats that.

As for the sharks producing nothing for 40 years. I believe the sharks have with out a doubt the most dedicated and loyal fan base in the comp because of it. We're still here and unlike most clubs we have our inaugral cup to look forward to and it's comin, and tossers like you just fuel it.

Thanks

Never read such a focused, personal attack and self righteous rabble in my life from a so called journalist.

sladden road

Juniors
A piece like this should be in the terror graph..penned by Miranda Devine....
oh she writes for the herald these days....

There is something rotten inside the culture of a club that has lurched through financial crises, internal divisions and not won a premiership in 40 years of trying, since it joined the competition in 1967, the worst record in the premiership.

How is this relevant to Gallens actions? If you want to talk about rotteness, how about Ken Arthuston and Greg Hartley, or Mark Budgen, Steve Mortimers, Terry Lambs and Andrew Farrars of this world, and the sererity of their win at all costs cheap shots.

Lets compare Gallens grubbiness, and the potential criminality of the hit on Steve Rogers that left his bottom jaw hanging loose, or the hit on Mark Wakefield that ended the halfback's promising career.

It is ruthless, obsessional bastards who often get the glory

Quite true that comment. However, it is the Sharks that have been on the receiving end of foul play from the ruthless bastards above.The Sharks have a history as a clean family club with players like Steve Rogers, Andrew Ettingshausen, Greg Peirce, Tawera Nikau, Rick Bourke, David Peachey, David Hatch, The Ox, Preston Campbell, Dean Triester, John Lang, Martin Lang, Tommy Bishop. All roll models, all fine examples of great men who set an example for others to follow.

It has fought many battles just to survive, which surely it an illustration of positive values, of a community behind its club at times of trouble.

A complete demolition of the club in uncalled for

sladden road

Juniors
good post sheros you should send that as a letter to the hearld so it can be printed ..thats the best reponce by far

Quigs

Immortal
If you are going to submit the letter Sheros, I'd just might remove one Sir Thomas Bishop off the list.

My all time favorite was a dirty little niggling B, who would be in anything but a bath.

Loved him, but to anyone other then us loyal old sharkies that watched him, he was a dirty pommy B.

I think Noel Ned Kelly would still drag him on if he could catch him after all these years.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Thanks Sladden and Quigs I did fire it off, I put Gavin Miller in instead of Tommy.

It is ruthless, obsessional bastards who often get the glory.”

Quite true that comment.

However, it is the Sharks that have been on the receiving end of much, much worse foul play from ruthless bastards in the past. The Sharks have a history as a clean family club with players like Steve Rogers, Andrew Ettingshausen, Greg Peirce, Tawera Nikau, Gavin Miller, Rick Bourke, David Peachey, David Hatch, The Ox, Preston Campbell, Dean Triester, John Lang, Norm Provan, Alan Fitzgibbon, Ted Glossop and Martin Lang. All role models, all fine examples of clean players and great men who set an example for others to follow.

The Sharks have fought many battles just to survive, which surely is an illustration of positive values, of a community uniting behind its club in times of trouble. The club has been far from ruthless when you compare it to the win at all costs mentality of other clubs in the premiership such as the Bulldogs and Manly.

The Sharks can’t take a trick it seems, they are criticized for not embracing the culture change forced on it by Chris Anderson; of not adopting a harder edge like the ‘successful’ Bulldogs culture. Then a Shark’s player says that he wants to do whatever it takes to win, and the club and its whole history is painted as rotten. Quite a long bow to draw.

Your complete demolition the Shark’s club reputation and tarnishing its entire history and some of the fine players I have mentioned above is uncalled for.

“There is something rotten inside the culture of a club that has lurched through financial crises, internal divisions and not won a premiership in 40 years of trying, since it joined the competition in 1967, the worst record in the premiership.”

How is this relevant to Gallens actions? If you want to talk about rotteness, how about the acts of the Mark Budgens, Steve Mortimers, Terry Lambs and Andrew Farrars of this world, and the severity of their win at all costs cheap shots.

For a moment let’s compare Gallens grubbiness, which I don’t condone, to the potential criminality of the hit on Steve Rogers that left his bottom jaw hanging loose, or the hit on Mark Wakefield that basically ended the halfback's promising career. Speak to Anthony Laffranchi to see if he thinks Gallen’s actions warrant criminal action. There is no comparison, Rogers and Wakefield were sidelined for many, many weeks and Rogers did pursue civil action against Mortimer. Getting players out of the game; allegedly Terry Lamb was a champion at taking danger players out early in matches, but don’t ask Ellery Hanley because he can’t remember a thing. Or more recently what about John Hopoate’s hit on Keith Galloway. Head butting, eye gouging, squirrel gripping? Minor infractions to the real ruthless players.

Or then perhaps your agenda is much deeper dislike for the game of Rugby League and a love for the interminable ruck and rolling mall.

Inferno

Coach
From a purely legal standpoint, I don't think even if Laffranchi wanted to purse it he would have a leg to stand on.

Sports comes under a special brand of assault where there is some implied consent to be assaulted/battered while participating in a contact sport

While there are some exceptions such as play that is far outside the rule (bugden's hit on Rogers being a prime example) It is unlikely that a facial which occurs on a weekly basis would fall outside the rules.

I honestly hope Gallen and/or the club is at least seeking a professional legal opinion on this article.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Its not the dog in the fight young Minge - it is the fight in the dog.
Growwwwlllllllllllllllll.
Keep up the hate... I love it.
And don't forget to cheer for him come State of Origin.

"the gummies are guarenteed to fall over again", standard, dont know why 40 yrs, 40 yrs of nothing, and no one really takes notice of them, it's like the club doesnt exist, day to day talks from punters in pubs everyone forgets they exist, must be annoying not getting the recognition of being alive let alone in the comp".

Maybe if they move from the swamp things may change?
Or was it a former rubbish tip?

Ouch!!! We beat your stupid half Illawarra half Stained red thonged that time of the month team... once again... 40 years and we're still kickin your stupid arse.

Love it.

In another note, Although this is not the Sheehan from AFL, has anyone heard about the talk of triple-brownflow medallist, all-round good-guy from St.Kilda, Robert Harvey inspecting the "Wheels" of Jason Acne-manis?

What IS doing with this latest outbreak of the squirrel? Farkin gaylords, something a bit weird about it if you ask me. :crazy:

What a pity.. your first couple of posts were pretty funny, I guess you had all year to construct them though.

anyway....

Stay in Melbourne and keep up with the fagball goss...

As if we give two f**ks.

Weaponhead

Coach
I am with Quigs on this one. The Sheehan article means that people are finally starting to take notice. For so long we have been the 'nice guys' of the league and it has got us nowhere. We get very little coverage and even less respect. Now all of a sudden we are ruthless bastards who will do anything to win. Bring it on.

The article is absolute rubbish but it will help us to get the us against the world mentality going. What Gallen did was nothing compared to what has gone on in this game for decades. So what prompted this irrational outburst from a non-league journo? They must be starting to take us seriously and getting worried. About bloody time....

chiana

Juniors
Thanks Sladden and Quigs I did fire it off, I put Gavin Miller in instead of Tommy.

It is ruthless, obsessional bastards who often get the glory.”

Quite true that comment.

However, it is the Sharks that have been on the receiving end of much, much worse foul play from ruthless bastards in the past. The Sharks have a history as a clean family club with players like Steve Rogers, Andrew Ettingshausen, Greg Peirce, Tawera Nikau, Gavin Miller, Rick Bourke, David Peachey, David Hatch, The Ox, Preston Campbell, Dean Triester, John Lang, Norm Provan, Alan Fitzgibbon, Ted Glossop and Martin Lang. All role models, all fine examples of clean players and great men who set an example for others to follow.

The Sharks have fought many battles just to survive, which surely is an illustration of positive values, of a community uniting behind its club in times of trouble. The club has been far from ruthless when you compare it to the win at all costs mentality of other clubs in the premiership such as the Bulldogs and Manly.

The Sharks can’t take a trick it seems, they are criticized for not embracing the culture change forced on it by Chris Anderson; of not adopting a harder edge like the ‘successful’ Bulldogs culture. Then a Shark’s player says that he wants to do whatever it takes to win, and the club and its whole history is painted as rotten. Quite a long bow to draw.

Your complete demolition the Shark’s club reputation and tarnishing its entire history and some of the fine players I have mentioned above is uncalled for.

“There is something rotten inside the culture of a club that has lurched through financial crises, internal divisions and not won a premiership in 40 years of trying, since it joined the competition in 1967, the worst record in the premiership.”

How is this relevant to Gallens actions? If you want to talk about rotteness, how about the acts of the Mark Budgens, Steve Mortimers, Terry Lambs and Andrew Farrars of this world, and the severity of their win at all costs cheap shots.

For a moment let’s compare Gallens grubbiness, which I don’t condone, to the potential criminality of the hit on Steve Rogers that left his bottom jaw hanging loose, or the hit on Mark Wakefield that basically ended the halfback's promising career. Speak to Anthony Laffranchi to see if he thinks Gallen’s actions warrant criminal action. There is no comparison, Rogers and Wakefield were sidelined for many, many weeks and Rogers did pursue civil action against Mortimer. Getting players out of the game; allegedly Terry Lamb was a champion at taking danger players out early in matches, but don’t ask Ellery Hanley because he can’t remember a thing. Or more recently what about John Hopoate’s hit on Keith Galloway. Head butting, eye gouging, squirrel gripping? Minor infractions to the real ruthless players.

Or then perhaps your agenda is much deeper dislike for the game of Rugby League and a love for the interminable ruck and rolling mall.

Excellent Letter Sheros. Good to see that all those studies you took in reform school have been an advantage. :D

chiana

Juniors
I am with Quigs on this one. The Sheehan article means that people are finally starting to take notice. For so long we have been the 'nice guys' of the league and it has got us nowhere. We get very little coverage and even less respect. Now all of a sudden we are ruthless bastards who will do anything to win. Bring it on.

The article is absolute rubbish but it will help us to get the us against the world mentality going. What Gallen did was nothing compared to what has gone on in this game for decades. So what prompted this irrational outburst from a non-league journo? They must be starting to take us seriously and getting worried. About bloody time....

Agree. How often I meet someone and conversation turns to League. When I say that I support the Black White and Blue people will say "Oh you poor thing". Like I'm being pittied.

I'd much rather win the Premiership with a hard, tough unliked team. Then when I say I support the Sharks, and get called "B!tch" instead of being pittied I can walk with pride.