What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Hate Friday Night Football

pantherz9103

First Grade
Storm beat us 66-14 Dragons beat us 28-8 Bulldogs beat us 46-20 and now the Roosters walloped us 44-12. If Penrith play any more Friday Night Games in 2004 then I'm not watching them. Who cares if we finish 4th or 5th we'll definately lose because it's on Friday Night.

I'm so over this 2004 season. Sick of our pathetic showings against the top sides, that's yet another loss by more than 20.

The NRL is just like English Premier League soccer of 2003-2004. The 'Big Three' Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United were the only teams in it and it's the same with the NRL in 2004.

I thought the salary cap was suppose to even out the talent
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

pcpp

Juniors
Bit of a spoiler there, lucky I read the other thread.

It's incredible how a team can change in a year. Teams like Penrith.

Roosters, Bulldogs and the Broncos have always been the big 3. It's more like how the worse teams are getting worse.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Nothing to do with Penrith, but I hate Friday night football for these reasons:

*Ads
*Burkes Junkyard
*Roosters
*Phil Gould

:x

salivor

First Grade
2 years ago the Panthers were second to last so I don't know why your so down about your side when its sitting in 4th. I do think it's time for a name change though as they will struggle to take out the comp from here.

Fibroman

First Grade
Penrith are hot and cold this year. I'm hoping we will be hot from next week until the GF.

The roosters were the better side tonight, and deserved their win.

yeah roosters had a good one. I got my tip wrong, i remember tipping the panthers. Unlucky for the panthers, i thought they would win 2nite, but just got unlucky.

Razor

Coach
Great 1st half by the Roosters.

Had to watch the 2nd half in black and white. Power failure here shortly after the half time siren (before they came back from the break for Holden Half Time) and power came back on just before interviewing man of the match. Had to make do with the small black and white portable TV I picked up for $40(down from $70) at a sale recently.

PARRA_FAN said:
Nothing to do with Penrith, but I hate Friday night football for these reasons:

*Ads
*Burkes Junkyard
*Roosters
*Phil Gould

:x
Try this-
Set video for 8:30pm
Get pissed
Watch game Saturday morning
Fast forward the last 5 mins of the Junkyard as it runs overtime, fast forward ads, fast forward Gus's Halftime Gripe.
Then it is bearable.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Storm beat us 66-14 Dragons beat us 28-8 Bulldogs beat us 46-20 and now the Roosters walloped us 44-12. If Penrith play any more Friday Night Games in 2004 then I'm not watching them. Who cares if we finish 4th or 5th we'll definately lose because it's on Friday Night.

Aw diddums, you can't win on Friday.

Try not being able to win any day of the week.

Kiwi

First Grade
Back to Back Black Attack said:

I'm so over this 2004 season. Sick of our pathetic showings against the top sides, that's yet another loss by more than 20.

The NRL is just like English Premier League soccer of 2003-2004. The 'Big Three' Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United were the only teams in it and it's the same with the NRL in 2004.

Dude harden up, sitting 4th, one of the best rosters in the game and whinging about the salary cap. You sound like the typical band wagon jumper.

pcpp

Juniors
Panther's are stuffed either way... i really can't see them not finishing 4th or 5th :lol:

Hoggy

Bench
I thought this was a reference to Phil Gould cheering Fittler - f**king idiot.

Try this-
Set video for 8:30pm
Get pissed
Watch game Saturday morning
Fast forward the last 5 mins of the Junkyard as it runs overtime, fast forward ads, fast forward Gus's Halftime Gripe.
Then it is bearable.

Exactly! Of course you can't do much different when in Melbourne.

AdamH

Juniors
I can't believe OUR "supporters". f**k me! I read all this crap after the Storm, Rabbits losses... we beat Canberra and everyone's confident again... Then after the Dogs loss there's more crap...We wallop Manly, and we're in with a chance... Now we lose to the Roosters and we're no chance again. :?

Remember back to last week, Penrith are still in the hunt to defend OUR title. Don't forget we've beaten both Canterbury and the Roosters this year also. Our defence is a worry but I don't think we were on our game on Friday.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
Seriously mate.
Try supporting a team who hasnt been in the finals for 15 years. You know, your sides still coming 5th. Hell theres alot of teams below you. You have a class side who looked good before Gower was out, but now hes coming back I am sure you will slowly improve back to the force (maybe not totally) that you were last year.

You played a Roosters outfit which was red hot tonight. They would of beat anyone. Theres a lot of people in worst positions out there than you and your Panthers.

lazza

Juniors
i wouldnt even say the roosters were RED hot... i mean... all the tries really came from 1 or 2 missed tackles and scored off long range consecutive attacks... sorta like my tag team.. 1 person miss 1 and its a try.

miccle

Bench
Back to Back Black Attack said:

You deadset whinging little GOOSE! Open your eyes and look past your widdle team losing a game. Before this round, we have 7 teams vying for positions 5-8. We see upsets on pretty much a weekly basis - I believe that all top teams have been cut down to size in an upset at least once or twice this year. I don't know if you followed them before last years title victory, but the panthers were actually wooden spooners not so long ago mate.

But yes... the salary cap doesn't work and no teams aside from the dogs, roosters and broncos will ever be successful again :roll: