What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a feeling John Sutton is going to have a big year the only question is

ByRd

First Grade
Rabbitohs2005 said:
as we know, sutton can play a variety of positions, which is an advantage especially when it comes to rep selections, since the retirement of bk, sutton is a contender with paul gallen. and he can play five eighth and centre, depending on how nsw use gasnier and jamie lyon, five eighth is highly contested, with todd carney, jarrod mullen, sutton, anasta, finch etc in the running, and centre has gaz cooper lyon etc, so if sutton had a chance id say it would be lock or off the bench
He will not be the lock, Reni Maitua has that spot for sure.

ByRd

First Grade
Maitua will get the the number 13 position ahead of Dean young who will probably be used as a hooker on the bench or a backup in the 2nd row. Maitia, NSW #13.

MattJ

Juniors
Bumble said:
Braith Anasta at the Bulldogs
Joel Monaghan at the Raiders
Amos Roberts at the Panthers

Hmm...something tells me it might be their destination buddy.

Very good point you make there. :lol:

Goldthorpe

Bench
doglyf said:
Maitua will get the the number 13 position ahead of Dean young who will probably be used as a hooker on the bench or a backup in the 2nd row. Maitia, NSW #13.
Dean Young will hardly (IMO) play hooker at all this season, since Simon Woolford signed. Young is a Lock everyday of the week.

Young’s work rate compared to Maitua’s is incomparable, Young is a better ball player then Maitua and Young is a better defender then Maitua.

It’s not a bash on Maitua as he is a good player, but take off your blue and white Bulldog glasses and become a realist.

Dean Young, Lock for NSW in 2007.

doglyf said:

Has everyone forgotten Luke O'Donnell for some crazy reason?

Goldthorpe

Bench
Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:
Has everyone forgotten Luke O'Donnell for some crazy reason?
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Luke O'Donnell
13. Dean Young

That would be my ideal backrow for SoO I

nqboy

First Grade
I think LOD is considered as more of a second rower rather than lock, though I'm not entirely sure there much difference in the roles these days.

Inferno

Coach
The back row for NSW has plenty of options. Hindmarsh and O'Donnel are basically walk up starts, so that leaves 2 maybe 3 spots, so Young will be fighting it out with Gallen, Hoffman, Ryan, Matuia and Simpson.

Personally I don't rate Young ahead of any of those guys.

Hahahaha. John Sutton and rep footy. Someone is taking the p155. If they consider Sutton I also hope they consider Fitzhenry, O'Hara, El Masri, Monaghan, Jason King, Chris Paterson and Brett Pomeroy. What a woeful woeful player.