What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a feeling John Sutton is going to have a big year the only question is

8. Mason
9. Buderus
10. Bailey
11. Hindmarsh
12. O'Donnell
13. Gallen

14. Young
15. Simpson
16. O'Meley
17. Mullen

Country Origin- Maitua,Sutton,Ryan

sooperdooper

First Grade
whoever thinks sutton or young will play SOO this year are kidding surely in the not so distant but no chance this year to much talent before them

nqboy

First Grade
That's just my point. The NSW 5/8 spot is wide open due to a lack of quality candidates. Lyon's probably their best option atm but he's unproven there over here.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Call me biased if you want but surely if alan tongue continues his form into this season and he plays well for country he will surely have to be considered along side the likes of Young, Gallen, Matua and Ryan for SOO. He is just as versitile as Young, gets through more work in a game then Gallen, has only slightly less impact on attack then matua, though is more effective defensively, and flat out sh*ts on andrew ryan.

Goldthorpe

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Call me biased if you want but surely if alan tongue continues his form into this season and he plays well for country he will surely have to be considered along side the likes of Young, Gallen, Matua and Ryan for SOO. He is just as versitile as Young, gets through more work in a game then Gallen, has only slightly less impact on attack then matua, though is more effective defensively, and flat out sh*ts on andrew ryan.
Good post. I agree.

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:

Biased

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:

Care to elaborate? Or are you content with making a baseless claim and being made a fool of? Then again, how would that differ from our usual wednesday night?

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Care to elaborate? Or are you content with making a baseless claim and being made a fool of? Then again, how would that differ from our usual wednesday night?

Your post sounded alot like this:

Grant Lambert should be chosen in the Australian cricket team because he is a better batsman than Glenn McGrath, a better bowler than Justin Langer and a better fielder than Stuey MacGill. Therefore he's a fantastic cricketer.

Raider_69

Post Whore
interesting take on it, however what you have done is identify weakness's in the cricketer's games. What i did was identify strength, things which may help, not hinder their origin chances.

For example. McGrath cant bat, we all know that, its his greatest let down, which is a given cause he is a bowler, however versitility is one of Youngs best qualities, work rate is gallen's best quality, attack is matua's best... and im struggle for ryan... I did this as depending on how the starting team looks, the selectors might look for these qualities in bench players, so i ask again, cause im a nice guy, ill give you a second chance to salvage this, care to elaborate?

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
interesting take on it, however what you have done is identify weakness's in the cricketer's games. What i did was identify strength, things which may help, not hinder their origin chances.

For example. McGrath cant bat, we all know that, its his greatest let down, which is a given cause he is a bowler, however versitility is one of Youngs best qualities, work rate is gallen's best quality, attack is matua's best... and im struggle for ryan... I did this as depending on how the starting team looks, the selectors might look for these qualities in bench players, so i ask again, cause im a nice guy, ill give you a second chance to salvage this, care to elaborate?

Gallen's work-rate may be slightly lower than Tongue's, but he's deadset twice asw big as Tongue as well, hence he has a greater impact in attack and defence.

Maitua has a lot more flare in attack, both running-game and playmaking, not to mention size.

I don't really rate Young either way, so he doesn't bother me.

Raider_69

Post Whore
So even though Tongue makes more hit ups, does more tackles, and is more effective with his tackles, creates and scores more tries and plays the full 80 minutes... gallen is better because he is bigger? Right...

Matua is a fine attacking player, but as ive proven elsewhere tongue is not without his charms in attack, and no one could doubt his defence, which is amongst the best in the game, if not the best. And again you resort to size... Trevor Gillmeister was never a big bloke, sure glad you were never a QLD origin selector, otherwise the axe probably wouldnt have played origin

All im saying is if Matua, Gallen, Young and Ryan are being considered as origin players, tongue deserves to be considered along side these blokes.

simon says

First Grade
Tongue wont get a gig......not cos he isnt good enough,but because of the bias of the Sydney and Brisbane media which makes him look bad in the public eye and therefore the NSW selectors cannot pick him at the risk of coming off foolish.

Damn those media hounds and their hatred for the mighty state of CANBERRA.

simon says

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
All im saying is if Matua, Gallen, Young and Ryan are being considered as origin players, tongue deserves to be considered along side these blokes.

Tongue is a good clubman......nothing more,he doeesnt have the weapons those other blokes have and therefore wont get close to repping.

But its all the medias fault right.:lol:

8 O'meley
9 Buderus
10. Bailey
11. Hindy
12. Simpson
13. O'Donnell

14. Gallen
15. Kite
Tongue would be good at hooker if Buderus and Priddis were both injuried, Tongue can tackle all night. Wouldn't use him at lock but.

_Johnsy

Referee
sooperdooper said:
whoever thinks sutton or young will play SOO this year are kidding surely in the not so distant but no chance this year to much talent before them

Sooper

Baring injury Young will play SOO this year, I am confident enough to throw a lazy $100 on it.

keen to put your money where your mouth is.