What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just realised something...

Abz

Juniors
Believe you me, it is very likely that tonight we'll be "hearing" BEN IKIN commentate in the Titans/Cowboys game :crazy:I'll be sure to press the mute button whent hat game comes on. I can't bear to listen to his biasedness anymore. 5 months without hearing it in the offseason isn't long enough...

OuTkAsT

Juniors
Couldn't agree more i am a broncos fan and i can't stand him! He's not a commentators a**hole

Hanscholo

Bench
Hmm, well i kinda see why u think that. I think in the last 12 months he has improved a lot as a commentator. Still out of place because his celebrity and status as a footballing commentator is dubious given the fact that he really never did anything in the game other than be a QLD'r.

t-ba

Post Whore
Hanscholo said:
Hmm, well i kinda see why u think that. I think in the last 12 months he has improved a lot as a commentator. Still out of place because his celebrity and status as a footballing commentator is dubious given the fact that he really never did anything in the game other than be a QLD'r.

Isn't he the youngest player to play QLD SoO?

Patorick

Staff member
Anyone got a tape of the Canberra -v- Penrith game last year where Vossey had food poisoning and Ikin and Geyer had to call the game together alone. That was an epic evening...

OVP

Coach
Abz said:
Believe you me, it is very likely that tonight we'll be "hearing" BEN IKIN commentate in the Titans/Cowboys game :crazy:I'll be sure to press the mute button whent hat game comes on. I can't bear to listen to his biasedness anymore. 5 months without hearing it in the offseason isn't long enough...

A relation perchance Abz ?

:lol:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I thought Ikin was doing ok until he announced that he now follows the Titans. After that, he could start a Queensland Footy show and have a Queensland love fest, similar to Chief and Matty.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ben Ikin, the legend when it comes to f**king up simple cliche's

This was last night's gem

"His lights opened up like dinnerplates"

He's a true genius.

He's f**king annoying and a few thousand bullets at his larynx would be readily welcomed.

Loz Daley came out with a hilarious call at that Titans game, playing at Skilled park for the first time in the premiership
"I reckon they've set a new crowd record"

What a comedy of debacles, annoyance, shambles and dickheads.

Poor old Vossy stuck amongst them all.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i must admit i laughed at daleys "new crowd record" call... i thought it was a piss take though :lol: Maybe wishful thinking

Daley is a breath of fresh air tbh, you only have to look at the footy show when everyone was wanking over Danny Buderus and Laurie Daley said bluntly "Steve Walters is the best hooker ive ever seen... no disrespect to danny, its a compliment he is mentioned in the same sentence as Walters and Ellias" or something to that effect, 100% spot on loz

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was a piss take, and a good call.

Made better by the fact that Ben Ikin wasn't talking and wanking about something at the time.

Ikin would not f**king shut up last night.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
I think my favourite Iken moment was when after 20 minutes of the season he claimed that laffranchi was putting his hand up for origon.

It wasn't even halftime in the first game of the season FFS

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
madunit said:
Loz Daley came out with a hilarious call at that Titans game, playing at Skilled park for the first time in the premiership

What a comedy of debacles, annoyance, shambles and dickheads.

Poor old Vossy stuck amongst them all.
It was a joke and they all had a laugh. I dunno how you thought it was serious.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lockyer4President! said:
It was a joke and they all had a laugh. I dunno how you thought it was serious.
I stated it was a joke and thought it was amusing. It's very plain to see that I stated that.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll go through it again for you. idiot.
madunit said:
I am stating here my appreciation for the above mentioned statment, this appreciation can be seen by the pro-appreciative word "hilarious" which I used. You will do well to note there are no anti-appreciation words used at all here.

I then repeated said sentiment in my next post

madunit said:
It was a piss take, and a good call.

Made better by the fact...
Here I have used another pro-appreciative term, displayed in my use of the word "good" and followed up by stating it was made "better", which is yet again, another term of appreciation. And again, no non-appreciative terms are used.

I hope you have achieved something in basic comprehension for foetuses. Hopefully you can progress up the chain sometime within the next 4 or 5 years.