What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know you guys dont really like me but ..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Are you sure? OK then.

But be warned. Its a collection of nonsense that was said behind closed doors (in a moderaters forum)- but it was said in December 2001- January 2002, over a year ago so I suppose its okay. It was Beowolf who guessed the password and emailed it to LWOS management. We decided that it was too hot to put up here but Beowolf couldn't resist and he posted it anyway.

It was just a bit of a laugh but a few of us took note that Matto was telling massive fibs and others were believing him. Take it all with a grain of salt.
At the time I referred to as 'Melrose Place'... a bunch of drama queens letting off steam.

Most of the collaborators are gone so if no one has any objection, here it comes.
Just give a sec to retrieve it....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No offence intended to the people who contributed the following thread and no offence taken by what was said about LWOS...it was over a year ago afterall.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matto

I propose that Newtown Jets be excluded from Forum 7's
Posters:
Mystery Man
Legend
Willow
Elduq
Bronco

All be banned

meltiger

Not El Duque... Marty is a good bloke, his problem here was with Shane modifying peoples posts and in reality I agree with that. Only time it should be done is to censor stuff that shouldn't be posted. Mystery Man, personally I wouldn't care if a truck fell on him, I have never despised an indvidual more than I hate that man... Not even Gough Whitlam

The rest, I don't care what happens to them.

Retread

I will sleep on it. Craig, Gough Whitlam was my idol.

GlennC

Is Bonco a moderator? This is a clicky group who only came back to try and prove to everyone they are the smartest and most knowledgeable league fans in the world.
I say let them in and watch them fall on their faces, should be good for a laugh.

Nightwatchman

I don't know much about what happened behind this whole thing, but I'm against keeping the detractors of WORL here. They're just here to prove a point out of spite, and it's unfair onmatto and others involved having to waste their energy to argue with them, just like they did last night.

Also what sort of influence would this entire argument have on our regular loyal posters, who just want to get on with the Sevens game peacefully?

meltiger
QUOTE “and it's unfair onmatto and others involved having to waste their energy to argue with them, just like they did last night.”

Twas fun tho ... Until poor Stevo took it personally.

Retread
After a hard long think about it all, I would prefer if they stayed in their own paradise. They will just keep on stirring trouble here. I don't like banning people but that mob are bad news. Let's keep it a friendly place.

GlennC
Anyone care to fill me in on last night?

Matto
G'day Glenn,

Yesterday I did a preview page in the forum 7's and quoted Newtown at $26.00 and said that they love to talk the talk and most likely to have that Super League about them because of the breakaway last year.

Those comments really riled young Jeremy (Bronco) and Roopy and it just flowed into a stunning clash with all those old breakaways re-emerging to really give it to me and Craig in spades. We were winning the battle thankfully but Steven basically pulled the pin on it.

The history is this. The Ninemsn forum last year was absolutely booming and started to get filled with Girdler fans. People wanted changes and I gave the changes of segregating the forums, like what we have in here. The same people who whinged wanting change than had bigger cries about me making changes. The biggest whingers were actually Legend, Willow, GavBT and Bronco, four of the main 5 players in the breakaway.

Than the breakaway occurred and soon after James finally gave his thumbs up for an internal forum. James is the complete IT brains behind this site. We went about building up a new culture in here and as you know Glenn, the people in here are completely different to what we had in the past. First of all they respect everything that happens around them.

egend has been continually whinging how I never allowed him to write on Rleague but I have produced 7 articles he did on the site. He did ask for an email address after the breakaway but as you know, it just was never a possible option.
He also took great offence in the past for Shane deleting a Gidley thread. It was wrong of Shane but geez, just laugh it off and start again. Legend was pissed off I defended Shane and stuck up for him. But I'll say something now, a referee will always stick up for his touchies. The day I abuse Shane publicly could be the day a slanderous thread is up, Shane leaves it there, no one else is around and the offended sue me. Plus Shane is a loyal bloke and Legend showed his colours. I have not lost a minute sleep sticking up for Shane, even if he was in the wrong because it was a nothing issue.

Personally I think it's unfair on the current readers that the main trouble makers re-emerge into our forums and therefore I am asking for opinions on this Newtown side.
Matters also don't help when Craig was offered a moderator position by them on the proviso that he leave rleague.com as it would be a conflict of interests. Craig is free to decide on what he wants to do but Legends mob were the ones who took great offence to me selecting friends as moderators.
Another good story. Willow emailed me asking to be St George moderator on Ninemsn and later on I asked The Saint to email me so I can have his email. When he did, I invited him to be a moderator. Willow took offence I ignored him but chased someone else. I didn't know The Saint from a bar of soap at the time but now do and he's one of the most nicest people I have come across.
We offered GavBT a spot on this website and he turned it down for reasons he didn't mention. But comes out that the breakaway was on in earnest and I now get the feeling that he didn't like Alex Shirvani's high quality. I posted some of Alex's best work in a forum deciding the article of the year on Total RL and Gav wasn't happy about me posting Alex material. One of Alex's article did actually win.

But I know Legend & Willow always took great offence to people like Craig, Leonie, Shane and other people I knew as running the entire show and not the selected few.

They left and I personally don't think they should be allowed back because we're booming again, none of the regulars in here know who they are now and their forum is struggling.

Sorry to everyone for rambling on but I took the breakaway very personally and I doubt I can forgive those people ever again and don't want to be associated with the main players in anyway.

meltiger
Quote:Ozbash wrote “bronco, stick with it my man. we have all suffered from "foot in mouth disease", but not a lot of us posses your kaha and admit it.you are needed by this forum. no pulling out guys, this forum will be hot reading for some of those grand stand clowns ,, so its unity. united we stand blah blah. apart from retread,meltiger and yakstorm (if he,s in it) we will piss in. i doubt there will be too many "why girds looks good in shorts 2 sizes too small" ,the combined IQ of the rest would get to half our average..

i predict the grandstand 7,s to fizz out after 3 rounds and it will become a more refined LWOS 7,s.

they just aint got what it takes......” End Quote

I have changed my mind.
Do NOT expel these arseholes from the competition. I want to show that Milk farmer just who has the Girdler Groupie IQ.

Matto
Tony can hardly talk. From remembering his posts. He couldn't write or spell. This same person has written the most gutter trash item on the site when Steven trusted him with news admin.

Post all the classics from that site. I take it all the talk in there is about rleague

Thankfully in here it's business as usual in the NRL, Cricket and Social forums.

GlennC
Thanks for the indepth answer Matt. I was aware of a lot of that but you did teach me a thing or two.

I think these guys are the biggest bunch of spankers I have ever read about!

I support the majority.

meltiger

Just a bit concerned about some of the members saying they want to go over and attack LWOS on their forum. Retread and Matt have handled it well so far, however if someone does end up doing it are we going to need to ban that person?

GlennC
Generally speaking, I don't think they are worthy of a response.

meltiger
Quote: GlennC wrote:
Generally speaking, I don't think they are worthy of a response.” END QUOTE

Who the posters at LWOS aren't worthy of a response ?
Or the people threatening to head over there ?

I just worry it sets a bad precedent if we don't ban anyone for doing it as I don't feel we need the Grandstand's name being dragged down by other people ruining another forum.

Matto
If anyone is caught attacking legends site thinking they represent this site, they will be banned instantly.

Nightwatchman
Can you make this public then? At least known to the people who are threatening to carry that out.

GlennC
L osers
W orld
O f
S hite!

GlennC
Sorry for the childish outburst!

MelT those are the guys i think are not worthy of a response when they try to stir up crap, that's what I meant b4.

Leonie
Quote:Matto wrote: If anyone is caught attacking legends site thinking they represent this site, they will be banned instantly. END QUOTE

Amount of times visited LWOS.

ZERO
That is not about to change now, in the future or ever.

If they want to cause trouble piss them off. We need it like a hole in the head here. The grandstand, i believe will become the BEST forum for football known on the net.
If it isnt already. `the content and quality football speak is second to NONE.

Matto
Quote: GlennC wrote: Sorry for the childish outburst!

MelT those are the guys i think are not worthy of a response when they try to stir up crap, that's what I meant b4. END QUOTE

If it means anything Glenn. I think u r worthy of a response

GlennC
Yeah champ, mean a lot

meltiger
Quote: hypocrite wrote:
If it means anything Glenn. I think u r worthy of a response END QUOTE

I agree... Even if he is a Wests Tiger

Leonie
Can I have the addy of the breakaways? No I have absolutly NO intention of posting. Just curious to see whats being said over there.

half-joey
http://communities.ninemsn.com.au/legendsworldofsport

Leonie
Thanks guys you are both to kind.
I'll recommend a payrise

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Two questions.
One: Is Meltiger the same person as Brook in the earlier part ofthis thread?
Two: Why was this guy so pissed of with Mystery Man?

El Duque

Bench
Outlaw, I think he's pissed off at the world.

About a month or so ago I read a post of his where he said he was going to close his domain down and told everyone on his forum they could get stuffed.

He hasn''t lived up to that promise.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Geez, it is funny reading all that crap again...lol.
Reminds me that I need to clean out my hotmail.

Bronco, I thought matt was just trying to stir as well with those odds but he suddenly got all serious about it and wanted us kicked out. I don'tthink he had enough class to bait people in an intelligent manner.

Matto: "I know Legend & Willow always took great offence to people like Craig, Leonie, Shane and other people I knew as running the entire show "
A lie. I knew nothing of this and I don't even know Leonie (apart from seeing her posts, seems like nice person). Who is Shane? LOL, thats not you again is it Moffo? ;)

Matto: "Another good story. Willow emailed me asking to be St George moderator on Ninemsn and later on I asked The Saint to email me so I can have his email. When he did, I invited him to be a moderator. Willow took offence I ignored him but chased someone else."

Just to repeat something I said earlier in this thread. I did once send an email to matt asking to help out with WORL - this was ages before LWOS was formed. Butmatto never replied.
Despite whathe said, I never took offence that The Saint was made moderator. Never crossed my mind. He just letting a few fibs loose for local consumption and trying to peddle a bit of hatred.

While I was annoyed about his silly lies at the time.... that was then and this is now... all is forgotten. Its just the internet afterall.

El Duque

Bench
The day I abuse Shane publicly could be the day a slanderous thread is up, Shane leaves it there, no one else is around and the offended sue me.

This bit is a ripper. This is the same character that reworded my posts using his moderator priveleges.

That's why I left that joint. MattO refused to do anything about this clown going around rewording my posts and he thinks he'll save him from people putting up slanderous posts??

LMAO

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bronco: "...When I told matto that you were interested in becoming a moderator he said that there were already too many moderators.."

Bronco, thats right. You and I were chatting over Messenger or ICQ about it. Bloody ages ago now.Reminds methat you and I have been through a bit together.

I think you'll agree that I just accpted it all on face value and never worried about it beyond that.
After the mods forum was exposed by Beowolf, I realsed that he was just alow gradegossiper who had troublebeing honesttoothers in a face-to-face manner.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This isclassic stuff.

matto: "none of the regulars in here know who they are now and their forum is struggling. "
LOL...aaahhh, history can be so unkind to the bullshit artist.

matto: "Sorry to everyone for rambling on but I took the breakaway very personally "
No kidding? Would never have guessed.

"I doubt I can forgive those people ever again and don't want to be associated with the main players in anyway."
Well matto, I forgive you. But pleeeese, don't tell anyone.

imported_Brook

Juniors
He doesn't use my signon anymore
from memory he used it in this thread because he was banned for a brief period - i'd been a member here for ages and ages but never posted (an honest opinion - it was all a bit too cliquey for me) so he just changed the name on my signon
a few weeks ago i claimed it back :)

imported_Brook

Juniors
very very briefly but yes it happened i'm sure of it
because there was a reason he needed my login - it wasn't to hide cause he changed the name to meltiger straight away

Latest posts