What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love Pokerstars

WYD

Juniors
Essentially the exact same thing happened to me a few posts back.

It isn't.

Just have a look at some youtube hands. This is one of my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7GkgwQ0ZQQ

Bad beats happen, ridiculous 10,000 to 1 situations happen. The only reason they seem to happen more often on Pokerstars is that online we can play thousands of hands, day after day. The 99% of those that go predictably don't stick out. The few that do make us think it's biased because they seem to happen too often.

But think about how long you have to play live poker to get through the same amount of hands an active player plays online.

Now with Zoom poker on Stars I'm making like $30 an hour profit at the 5c/10c tables playing 300 hands an hour. Plus the regular tournaments I play and most days I easily get through 1000+ hands.

It sometimes takes me months to play live what I play in one day of online poker. So obviously there'll be more ridiculous things happen online. That doesn't mean stars is rigged in any way, shape or form.

EA needs to accept that.

Even with Stars supposedly unrandom Random Number Generator, it's still more random than your typical by hand shuffling.
:lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
?
The buy in is $5, I make 2 buy ins per 100 hands on average.

Because of Zoom instead of playing like 50 hands an hour I play 300. And in Zoom essentially you have equal access to the fish which you don't in normal tables so easy profit for any solid ABC poker player who can identify times to blind steal and bluff flops with the right texture.

WYD

Juniors
You're running like God.

Why would zoom enable you to play more hands exactly? Open up more standard tables.

So you raise pre-flop with 6 5 suited, get some action yet you still stay in the hand and then complain about getting beaten?

Don't focus on the results, look at the decisions made. None of them were good after that raise. The fact that your opponent made worse decisions is good, but you'd expect him to be ahead if he comes over you preflop.

What were the stack sizes etc?

no i raised pre flop on the button with it and he called out of the big blind, i mean he had trips so i can understand him going with me it was just bad luck for me he hit the higher full house on the river. i stayed in the hand because i flopped a full house !

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
Well if he called you from the BB then he is an idiot. After the flop you were both in until the end so the cards talk. It's only a joke if your full houses never get drawn out on. Now that would be suspicious.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You're running like God.

Why would zoom enable you to play more hands exactly? Open up more standard tables.
Zoom is a different style of poker. In zoom you're part of a pool of players. As soon as you click fold you're given a new hand on a different table.

Making the standard rate of 2 buy ins profit per 100 hands (I say standard because I take into account the massive amounts of fish playing Zoom) gives you a profit of 25-30 dollars an hour at the 5c/10c table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLKZNkmT-4g

This quick youtube does a better job of explaining what I'm trying to say.

If you know what you're doing it's a quicker way of profiting. If you're less than a shark it's a quicker way of losing your money.

Last edited:

WYD

Juniors
Zoom is a different style of poker. In zoom you're part of a pool of players. As soon as you click fold you're given a new hand on a different table.

Making the standard rate of 2 buy ins profit per 100 hands (I say standard because I take into account the massive amounts of fish playing Zoom) gives you a profit of 25-30 dollars an hour at the 5c/10c table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLKZNkmT-4g

This quick youtube does a better job of explaining what I'm trying to say.

If you know what you're doing it's a quicker way of profiting. If you're less than a shark it's a quicker way of losing your money.
You get like 1k hands/hour 12 tabling 6 max.

If you're playing 300 hands/hour you're playing one table.

4 tables should equal $120/hour.

200bb/100 is a joke.

Considering you're not multitabling you obviously don't realize how big a joke it is.

10bb/100 is godlike.

WYD

Juniors
That doesn't even make sense.

200bb/100 = $60/hour at 300 hands.

I guess it's a 50bb game :?

Maths = Overrated.

Sounds like your just another losing player who cannot accept bad beats.

Your post would be relevant, if I were a losing player.

Do you think people who lose play for money without having ever deposited?

I've withdrawn $1,500.00 without ever having deposited, tough to do when you're a losing player.

Essentially the exact same thing happened to me a few posts back.

It isn't.

Just have a look at some youtube hands. This is one of my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7GkgwQ0ZQQ

Bad beats happen, ridiculous 10,000 to 1 situations happen. The only reason they seem to happen more often on Pokerstars is that online we can play thousands of hands, day after day. The 99% of those that go predictably don't stick out. The few that do make us think it's biased because they seem to happen too often.

But think about how long you have to play live poker to get through the same amount of hands an active player plays online.

Now with Zoom poker on Stars I'm making like $30 an hour profit at the 5c/10c tables playing 300 hands an hour. Plus the regular tournaments I play and most days I easily get through 1000+ hands.

It sometimes takes me months to play live what I play in one day of online poker. So obviously there'll be more ridiculous things happen online. That doesn't mean stars is rigged in any way, shape or form.

EA needs to accept that.

Even with Stars supposedly unrandom Random Number Generator, it's still more random than your typical by hand shuffling.

FFS.... :lol:

You've never posted a hand history here, we all know why....

I know his stack is 20K. But a full round of blinds and antes is already 17325 assuming the blinds don't jump again in the meantime. So at 20K it is time for him to push. Against the other two small stacks at the table it is a no-brainer.

Expectation is that you triple up here. In that situation you will win something like 90% of the time.

Really?

There were 41 left, next money level was 36 and it's already a possibility that one more is about to go. If he's got crap like 7/2 o/s it's a no-brainer to fold. He's only got 125 chips in the pot.

If he's holding crap v a raiser, an all-in and the blinds yet to play, coming over the top is about as sensible as magnetic teeth.

The 2xBB push with J/10 suited was the geniused play given that he was out of position with 7 yet to play, including 2 small stacks.

But stars loves a genius.

Well if he called you from the BB then he is an idiot. After the flop you were both in until the end so the cards talk. It's only a joke if your full houses never get drawn out on. Now that would be suspicious.

not saying it's rigged just sucks to get beat like that

BunniesMan

Immortal
Just had a 10 minute session of zoom poker. First time in a while so I was a little rusty.

10 minutes
64 hands
2 tables where I brought in with the minimum $5 buy in on the 5c/10c tables.

On one table I went from $5 to $10.46. On the other I went from $5 to $26.36.
During current Hold'em session you were dealt 64 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 8 times while in big blind (37%)
- 2 out of 8 times while in small blind (25%)
- 7 out of 48 times in other positions (14%)
- a total of 12 out of 64 (18%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 5 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 5
When you're in that premium slot playing between 10 and 20%. Playing your suited connectors and small pairs in the right spots, being properly aggressive preflop and a) picking the spots for post flop aggression when you miss the flop,b) knowing when to fold and c) knowing how to extract maximum value, and you'll make money like that. And it helps that Zoom is filled with impatient fish and social players who are just playing for fun.

Yes I was hot in that 10 minute streak, but $25 an hour is easy for me.

Last edited:

WYD

Juniors
Just had a 10 minute session of zoom poker. First time in a while so I was a little rusty.

10 minutes
64 hands
2 tables where I brought in with the minimum $5 buy in on the 5c/10c tables.

On one table I went from $5 to $10.46. On the other I went from $5 to $26.36.
When you're in that premium slot playing between 10 and 20%. Playing your suited connectors and small pairs in the right spots, being properly aggressive preflop and a) picking the spots for post flop aggression when you miss the flop,b) knowing when to fold and c) knowing how to extract maximum value, and you'll make money like that. And it helps that Zoom is filled with impatient fish and social players who are just playing for fun.

Yes I was hot in that 10 minute streak, but $25 an hour is easy for me.
AGxeN.gif

Parra

Referee
Zoom is amazing for the hand rate. Strictly ABC poker only though. You can be a rock and get away with it, but you can only play it straight. This format should really punish the loose aggressive players. Pity all people want to play is NL nowdays. This would be great for limit games. Those were the days........

WYD

Juniors
Why couldn't you play a balanced LAG exactly? They're only TAG fish playing ABC, pretty easy to exploit.

Parra

Referee
Why couldn't you play a balanced LAG exactly? They're only TAG fish playing ABC, pretty easy to exploit.

I haven't played there long enough. My view in the micro limits was that everyone is very very loose. Might be more the micro limit than a zoom feature. If they are loose I'll play tight.

I haven't played ring games since the days when limit was king and pokertracker was legal with a HUD. I have heard of similar tools today, I don't know that I will get keen enough to use them though.

WYD

Juniors
Fair enough, I don't play micro limits.

Was thinking more 100/200NL games, I don't like donkaments so I don't play on Stars.

Better to just prop on smaller sites playing cash.

BunniesMan

Immortal
$12.50 on the 10c/25c zoom table went to about $8 in the first 10 hands. After 200 hands: $65.

When you're making right decisions and flops and rivers are being good to you you gotta ride that wave hard.

BM is in the zone this afternoon.

Two good rivers took me from the $8 lowpoint to low 30s.

Biggest hand was my AA getting paid. idiot 3bet my 2.5bb raise. I 4bet bigtime. He calls. AKx rainbow flop. I check. He bets. I reraise. He shoves. I think the poor guy has KK. Nope Idiot has AK and fell in love with the AKx flop. How can he not put me on AA or KK when I 4bet out of position preflop? Did he really think I was doing that with QQ or JJ?

Turned $33 into about $65.

Last edited:

Latest posts