What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love Pokerstars

And for the 5th time today when I was all-in, I called the river.

PokerStars Hand #73246544039: Tournament #492967659, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (150/300) - 2012/01/04 12:01:52 AEST [2012/01/03 20:01:52 ET]
Table '492967659 22' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Raymanfoo (12868 in chips)
Seat 2: apicultor700 (14526 in chips)
Seat 3: coopster_001 (1828 in chips)
Seat 5: gohanthe1 (36227 in chips)
Seat 6: zugi37 (4200 in chips)
Seat 7: Theredone23! (6970 in chips)
Seat 8: malbasa (7800 in chips)
Seat 9: CatCatcher2 (12738 in chips)
Raymanfoo: posts the ante 40
apicultor700: posts the ante 40
coopster_001: posts the ante 40
gohanthe1: posts the ante 40
zugi37: posts the ante 40
Theredone23!: posts the ante 40
malbasa: posts the ante 40
CatCatcher2: posts the ante 40
Theredone23!: posts small blind 150
malbasa: posts big blind 300
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coopster_001 [Ad As]
CatCatcher2: folds
Raymanfoo: folds
apicultor700: folds
coopster_001: raises 1488 to 1788 and is all-in
gohanthe1: raises 1488 to 3276
zugi37: folds
Theredone23!: folds
mostunloved is connected
malbasa: folds
Uncalled bet (1488) returned to gohanthe1
*** FLOP *** [Ks 7s 9h]
*** TURN *** [Ks 7s 9h] [Ts]
*** RIVER *** [Ks 7s 9h Ts] [Kd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
coopster_001: shows [Ad As] (two pair, Aces and Kings)
gohanthe1: shows [Ac Kc] (three of a kind, Kings)
gohanthe1 collected 4346 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4346 | Rake 0
Board [Ks 7s 9h Ts Kd]
Seat 1: Raymanfoo folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: apicultor700 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: coopster_001 showed [Ad As] and lost with two pair, Aces and Kings
Seat 5: gohanthe1 showed [Ac Kc] and won (4346) with three of a kind, Kings
Seat 6: zugi37 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Theredone23! (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: malbasa (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: CatCatcher2 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Site is f**king ridiculously rigged against the smaller stacks.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If you TRULY believe that why not contact the authorities? If what you say is true they are breaking the law and a class action lawsuit against them will take every cent they have. You'd be a rich man. But you won't because deep down you know you're full of shit.

Conspiracy theorists exist everywhere, from the JFK assassination to the Moon landing to Vaccines...to even bloody online Poker because the truth and facts are less interesting and offer a less satisfying story.

John Kennedy was shot twice by 1 man, Lee Harvey Oswald.
The moon landing happened in 1969.
Vaccines aren't a plot to control us all.
And PokerStars isn't f**king rigged.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Last year, my first year playing for real money I had a net loss. After starting to take it seriously late last year and reading a shitload of articles and watching a shitload of youtube videos this year I've started grinding SNGs seriously while putting 10% of profits into big tourneys for that big jackpot. Deposited $50 Jan 2.

Turned $50 into $125 in 48 hours. If i keep that average up I'd make over $200 a week...not bad for just a semi pro having fun in a hobby.

Stop yapping you f**king genius, you poison every forum you post in.

More of the same, this dense German merkin had been pre-flop raising non-stop, so I set the dopey merkin up and what happens?

The f**king usual 2 outer.

PokerStars Hand #73360608664: Tournament #492967698, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (30/60) - 2012/01/05 20:22:29 ET
Table '492967698 45' 4-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: coopster_001 (3445 in chips)
Seat 2: mr2phill (6678 in chips)
Seat 3: §u$ti88 (4905 in chips)
Seat 4: 1991_Hustler (9844 in chips)
coopster_001: posts small blind 30
mr2phill: posts big blind 60
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coopster_001 [Ad Ac]
§u$ti88: calls 60
1991_Hustler: folds
coopster_001: raises 180 to 240
mr2phill: folds
§u$ti88: calls 180
*** FLOP *** [3h 4h 6s]
coopster_001: bets 3205 and is all-in
§u$ti88: calls 3205
*** TURN *** [3h 4h 6s] [6d]
*** RIVER *** [3h 4h 6s 6d] [9h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
coopster_001: shows [Ad Ac] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)
§u$ti88: shows [Ah 6c] (three of a kind, Sixes)
§u$ti88 collected 6950 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6950 | Rake 0
Board [3h 4h 6s 6d 9h]
Seat 1: coopster_001 (small blind) showed [Ad Ac] and lost with two pair, Aces and Sixes
Seat 2: mr2phill (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: §u$ti88 showed [Ah 6c] and won (6950) with three of a kind, Sixes
Seat 4: 1991_Hustler (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Absolute arse of a site. This toilet is making me miss full tilt.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Stop yapping you f**king genius, you poison every forum you post in.

More of the same, this dense German merkin had been pre-flop raising non-stop, so I set the dopey merkin up and what happens?

The f**king usual 2 outer.

PokerStars Hand #73360608664: Tournament #492967698, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (30/60) - 2012/01/05 20:22:29 ET
Table '492967698 45' 4-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: coopster_001 (3445 in chips)
Seat 2: mr2phill (6678 in chips)
Seat 3: §u$ti88 (4905 in chips)
Seat 4: 1991_Hustler (9844 in chips)
coopster_001: posts small blind 30
mr2phill: posts big blind 60
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coopster_001 [Ad Ac]
§u$ti88: calls 60
1991_Hustler: folds
coopster_001: raises 180 to 240
mr2phill: folds
§u$ti88: calls 180
*** FLOP *** [3h 4h 6s]
coopster_001: bets 3205 and is all-in
§u$ti88: calls 3205
*** TURN *** [3h 4h 6s] [6d]
*** RIVER *** [3h 4h 6s 6d] [9h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
coopster_001: shows [Ad Ac] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)
§u$ti88: shows [Ah 6c] (three of a kind, Sixes)
§u$ti88 collected 6950 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6950 | Rake 0
Board [3h 4h 6s 6d 9h]
Seat 1: coopster_001 (small blind) showed [Ad Ac] and lost with two pair, Aces and Sixes
Seat 2: mr2phill (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: §u$ti88 showed [Ah 6c] and won (6950) with three of a kind, Sixes
Seat 4: 1991_Hustler (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Absolute arse of a site. This toilet is making me miss full tilt.
Yes because your irrational paranoia and page after page of ridiculous ranting and conspiracy theories really makes this forum so great.

BunniesMan

Immortal
In a single table SNG I just came back from having just $87 (with 8 players remaining) left to winning the damn thing, that included winning 4 all ins in a row. Yep that corrupt software had loads of chances to kill my short stack, instead it gave me pockets like AK and QQ and had my AT beat an AJ.

BUT POKERSTARS IS RIGGED EA!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ok you've been put on my ignore list. There is no having a sensible discussion with you. Your delusions and paranoia invoke my pity.

Stop yakking you demented halfwit.

There's enough of your dribble and enough shagged threads in the NRL forum to let me know that anything you post over two or three words isn't worth reading. Hell, anything you post isn't worth reading period.

I'll ask you a simple question, give a simple answer;

Why don't you post hand histories?

CJG 182

Juniors
I've gone on runs like EA posts where it certainly crosses your mind, but have to agree with BM that it's a very very big call to say its rigged. Not saying you're the only one saying it because there are forums full of that shit.

I was at a table the other day on stars. While not involved in the hands I saw AA lose three times in a row against mediocre hands. It happens.

Amongst all the bad beats you've posted I notice you've never posted times where you suck out on a 3 outer etc?

I've gone on runs like EA posts where it certainly crosses your mind, but have to agree with BM that it's a very very big call to say its rigged. Not saying you're the only one saying it because there are forums full of that shit.

I was at a table the other day on stars. While not involved in the hands I saw AA lose three times in a row against mediocre hands. It happens.

Amongst all the bad beats you've posted I notice you've never posted times where you suck out on a 3 outer etc?

Because they're rarer than rocking horse manure. I actually can't recall the last time I hit a 2 or 3 outer, I just don't get myself into the position of needing one. I'm what would be called tight-aggressive, if you look at the posted hands, in virtually none of them when the chips went in I was behind.

The word "rigged" makes people think that I'm claiming that it's rigged against certain players, I'm not. I'm claiming the software is set-up to thin the herd at a greater pace than random cards would do. I've played played 12,000 odd tourneys and SnG's there.

In fact, I would dispute that the cards can be random. If there is a human input into the programming, they aren't random. As far as I know you can't give a computer 52 numbers and tell it to pick one at random. I will stand corrected if some super-geek can tell me differently.

What I'd like to see is someone who works there do this a few times; play the same hand twice, once with the small stack playing in the hand and once without and see what cards are on the table both times. I reckon they'd be different more often than not. What I'm saying is that I reckon there's a good chance that the cards on the table are dependent on who on the table is playing the hand.

Playing low stake stuff like I do I see in almost every tournment at least one jackass pushing, raising or calling with crap and winning hand after hand from well behind. I'm quite sure that in higher stake games it doesn't happen anywhere near as often but that's not because of the software, it's because the players are signficantly better and push with crap because of position etc. They will also fold after being re-raised, something almost foreign to micros.

we should organise a home game club with LU member who play poker would anybody be keen? on pokerstars.com obviously

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ever been beaten by a bloke who hit a 2 outer on the turn AND a 1 outer on the river and he needed both to beat you?

Just then I had pocket Q's, all in on the flop of Q-K-rag. Idiot has K-10,firstly he calls my 5bb preflop raise (getting rid of limpers). Then puts me all in on the flop. You'd think happy days. I hit the set, he hit top pair, I'm getting paid.

Not so fast.

Turn: K. Gives him trips. Gives me a full house.

River:
ANOTHER f**kING K. Gives him runner runner quads.

He shouldn't have called on the flop. Puts me all in only to realise he's run into trips.

You have a 1 in 9799 chance of getting quads without pocket pairs.

And after all that I still don't think the site is rigged.

Last edited:
Of course it's rigged, what they said in an email to me confirms it.

Their program is written so that certain clicks produce particular outcomes, which means that the person who wrote the program can tell you which card will come next once the betting has finished at the end of pre-flop, flop, turn and river. Basically, the dealer knows what cards are coming in online poker before the're peeled off the deck.

The dealer in a live poker game does not know which card is coming next and does not know who'll win the hand until after the cards are turned over. You lost that hand the moment you clicked call after he went all-in. You didn't lose the hand because a random King hit the river, you lost the hand because the person who wrote the program deemed that you would lose that hand in that situation.

Which is the problem with the program. You were in a position where you simply couldn't fold when the program required you to fold to not lose the hand. There is nothing random about that.

You should have folded a hand that no one on the planet could fold. That sort of shit happens to me constantly.

Do yourself a favour, play a bunch of 10 cent 360's....

icewind

Juniors
as opposed to real life poker, when after the dealer has finished dealing the cards (presuming the whole table shows down), the winning hand/s is/are already decided even before the flop.

real life poker is rigged!!!! omgggg!

Congratulations, you're an imbecile.

The flop, turn and river cards aren't decided in live poker by what decisions the players make.

Spot the difference.

Dickhead.

BunniesMan

Immortal
http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/features/security/

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/rng/

Two pages where they explain the lengths they go to produce randomness. Including a third party.

There is no bias against smaller stacks. Or if there was that would make a second company now liable to mass lawsuits.

Two separate successful companies would not do that in pursuit of a small fractional increase in profit.
"
"Cigital's reputation for excellence is well known in the gaming industry," said a PokerStars spokesperson. "Their previous discovery of critical RNG implementation weakness at a major online poker site made our decision to work with Cigital an easy one. Their considerable technical expertise and thorough approach to software reliability and security have established them as a trusted third-party evaluator."

"Building software that can properly generate reliable random numbers is non-trivial, but it is an absolute requirement in the gaming industry," said Dr. Gary McGraw, Chief Technology Officer at Cigital and author of the book Exploiting Online Games. "We are pleased to provide extensive expert analysis of the PokerStars random number generator and act as a trusted advisor. Our analysis shows conclusively that the PokerStars RNG used to generate the poker hands dealt on PokerStars makes proper use of statistically random sequences. A safe and fair gaming environment is an important part of any online gaming experience, and PokerStars meets those criteria.

Last edited: