What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Andrew Johns: My 12-year drug hell

Article from:
Exclusive by Dean Ritchie
August 30, 2007 07:37pm

IN A shock confession Andrew Johns has revealed he was in the grip of drugs and alcohol throughout his whole playing career.
"I took the drugs to escape from the pressure and get away from being a football player," he told The Daily Telegraph tonight.
The league legend also admitted that he is battling depression.
In an extraordinary about-face from his earlier assertion that he had no intention of taking an ecstasy pill, which he said an unknown person placed in his jeans pocket at a London club, Johns came clean.
"I was going to take the pill for sure," he said.
"I'm not looking for sympathy, I put my hand up. I've done the wrong thing."
Don't miss our full interview with Andrew Johns tomorrow.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22335374-5001021,00.html

0,,5633650,00.jpg

OVP

Coach
Tell us something we dont know ...

Seriously, good on him for admitting what everyone knew already. It takes a man to do that. Well done Joey, my respect has tripled.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Whoa. Massive stuff. f**k you Andrew.

Just when we gain credibilty over the AFL, this happens. Why wasn't he ever caught?

bboy_insane

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
:lol: Next Immortal!

f**king junkie

Who gives a rats?

He was an awesome footballer. Who cares what he did off the field. And why are you laughing? You look like a piece of sh*t

Nook

Bench
So, now that it has been published

Is there a single person here or anywhere else with a remote interest in the NRL who didn't know or suspect that this was the case?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hardly in the same league as AFL. This is one ex-footballer making an admission. AFL has current players left right and centre testing positive to banned substances.

Dutchy

Immortal
OVP said:
Tell us something we dont know ...

Seriously, good on him for admitting what everyone knew already. It takes a man to do that. Well done Joey, my respect has tripled.[/quote]

I admire that he can come out and admit it.

But for him to take "recreational" drugs...not just him any person, famous or not famous. knowing just how bad the consequences to your health are, can never have my respect.

Joey, as a person...Respect = 0
As a player, I still admit your contributions on the footy field.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: im laughing for a variety of reasons.

1. i dislike andrew johns, a wanker of the highest order
2. the tele promoting this as massive news, when anyone with their ear close enough to the ground knew this 5-6 years go
and
3. because it goes to show you the man has no right being on the same level as the current immortals, whom were all not only great on but off the field also

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nook said:
So, now that it has been published

Is there a single person here or anywhere else with a remote interest in the NRL who didn't know or suspect that this was the case?

Nail on the head nook - exactly right. ALWAYS thought it. The hearsay about pub incidents etc - all seemingly coming to fruition.

If any of the drugs were banned substances in the code why was the lying merkin never caught?

Mr Saab

Referee
Great role model for his child Samuel.

He can kiss goodbye any chance he had in the media. Probably turn into a Gary Ablett type recluse

Latest posts