What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dutchy - how can we even be sure his contributions ON the field are bona-fide and not drug-induced?

[furrycat]

Coach
What a joke.
At least he won't be an immortal now- why the f**k wasn't the drug cheat caught then like others? Ridiculous. :roll:

Can't say he is the best I've ever seen now- just a big lie.

Red Bear

Referee
Because recreational drugs dont aid performance, similar to the ben cousins story in the AFL

Personally he reminds me of shane warne - flawed genius. Both awesome on the field and morons off it. Unfortunately probly cost Joey his chances of immortal.

BTW Raiduh, Lewis was a heavy smoker, thats hardly a role model type thing. Afterall, smoking kills alot more people than drugs do.

makes you wonder how many current players are popping pills....

If every single player who has taken drugs came out tomorrow i think we would all be shocked on how many of our players have done it or are doing it. They aren't all little angels

You are all acting as if he is the only one who has ever done it.

bboy_insane

Juniors
Timmah said:
Dutchy - how can we even be sure his contributions ON the field are bona-fide and not drug-induced?

Because there's no f**king way you'd be better at sport if you're on pills, or booze, or weed etc.

[furrycat]

Coach
Chicken_Hunter said:
makes you wonder how many current players are popping pills....

If every single player who has taken drugs came out tomorrow i think we would all be shocked on how many of our players have done it or are doing it. They aren't all little angels

You are all acting as if he is the only one who has ever done it.

And you're defending it? :lol:

He is admitting he was a drug cheat for 12 years basically... Its against the law and against the rules of our game, hence why players get rubbed out for it.

perverse

Referee
well, as i said in the other thread - the one aspect of the situation i didn't respect was the bullsh*t excuse he came up with. now he's come clean on all of it. i can't say i'm surprised.

while i'm disappointed in him.. i have friends in the same situation (both responsible users and irresponsible users) and can empathize with his plight. well done on coming clean joey.. but you have to think that he's cost himself immortality - and rightly so. it took a lot of balls to come out and do what he's just done - he could have stuck by the piss poor excuse - or even admit that he was planning to take that one and that it was his first time.. but he's gone the whole hog.

i'm mixed about the whole thing really.. he'll always be a champion footballer in my mind - of that i am sure. as i said - this doesn't really surprise me... what does surprise me is that he's had the balls to go public with it.

Martli

Coach
Timmah said:

He hasn't specified which particular drugs yet. Most recreational drugs are banned simply becuase they're illegal and bring the game into disrepute not for their performance enhacning abilities.

Give me a team of stoners to play against anyday, anyone could roll them.

Dutchy

Immortal
Timmah said:

We cant be sure. It is up to Johns to prove/disprove that he played under the influence of these drugs. With Johns being so open about the situation, perhaps that truth could be told. I am really looknig forward to reading this fulll interview tomorrow. Perhaps that will reveal what we want to see.

[furrycat]

Coach
Martli said:
He hasn't specified which particular drugs yet. Most recreational drugs are banned simply becuase they're illegal and bring the game into disrepute not for their performance enhacning abilities.

Give me a team of stoners to play against anyday, anyone could roll them.

Meh- either way, it is still cheating. Why wasn't he caught in 12 years ffs?

Raider_69

Post Whore
they test for recreational drugs dont they?
Either the authorities didnt pick him up... HAHA... or chose not to out out him and if the latter is the case whats to say if they didnt out him on recreational drugs, he wasnt on performance enhancing also, or any other high profile player for that matter?

Crippler

Juniors
i would like to see what matty johns says about this

surely if andrew was taking his drugs throughout his career his own brother would of known about it and even his captain Harragon? I hope they dont BS their way into saying they knew nothing about the drug taking.

[furrycat]

Coach
In house testing should have caught him- why didn't it? 12 years surely...

They test for recreational drugs (hence why Sargent was sacked from the Cowgirls)

Dutchy

Immortal
I just want to know how this could have gone unnoticed by Knights management considering players are drug tested alot in the modern era. Or what if this was not unnoticed by Knights management. They have some explaining to do.

Blaze

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
:lol: im laughing for a variety of reasons.

2. the tele promoting this as massive news, when anyone with their ear close enough to the ground knew this 5-6 years go

Well obviously it's huge news. The key point is his admission...

Tom Shines

First Grade
Crippler said:
i would like to see what matty johns says about this

surely if andrew was taking his drugs throughout his career his own brother would of known about it and even his captain Harragon? I hope they dont BS their way into saying they knew nothing about the drug taking.
Exactly.
And I have no doubt Matthew has an alcohol addiction as well. Some of his performances on TV have shown that.

Latest posts